Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Script to find a date variable and increment it Post 302974694 by isenhiem on Thursday 2nd of June 2016 09:53:04 AM
Old 06-02-2016
Script to find a date variable and increment it

Hi,

I have parameter file wo_location.prm which has a date variable $last_upd_date= 02032016.

I need to write a unix shell script to find that variable and increment it by 1 day.

The path to the file is root/dir_lc/shared/param/wo_location.prm and the variable is $last_upd_date.

Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script To increment Date*HElp***

Hi, I want to increment date, using Shell Script, a loop to add one day after 24hrs. :confused: Cheers Kunal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niceboykunal123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment a user defined date value in the DATE format itself using shell script?

I need to increment a date value through shell script. Input value consist of start date and end date in DATE format of unix. For eg. I need increment a date value of 1/1/09 to 31/12/09 i.e for a whole yr. The output must look like 1/1/09 2/2/09 . . . 31/1/09 . . 1/2/09 . 28/2/09... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunil087
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment date in script

Hi, Iam new to scripting language.:o can someone help me out solving this thread?hopingly ya....:) I want to write a script which connects to db and searches the count in a table which has date column and id column. If the count is not equal to 0 then it should increment the date with the one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment a date variable in perl script

Hi, I have a perl script which prints epoch value of date in milliseconds as the output. My reuirement is that once the output is printed,the day variable shld increment by 1 and when i execute the script for the second time the output shld be for the new day value. My script looks as... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to update date part with new increment date time

hi experts, my requirement is like this i need to develop a shell script to update date part with new incremental date time in file some 'X' which is kept at some server location incrementing every two hours.as i am new to this scripting i need support from u people,thanx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amanmro
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with rysnc and find with date variable

I want to have a script to create directory labled with the date, convert a load of flac files to mp3 and then find and rysnc the newly created mp3 file to the dated directory. Here's what I have done so far but the rsync command doesn't work: #!/bin/bash #set date variable as now... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment date using "for loop" in format MMDDYY inside the shell script?

Need to increment the date from "currentdate + 90days" inside the for loop (i=1 to i=50) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to increment and add variable length numbers to a variable in a loop?

Hi All, I have a file which has hundred of records with fixed number of fields. In each record there is set of 8 characters which represent the duration of that activity. I want to sum up the duration present in all the records for a report. The problem is the duration changes per record so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment date variable

hey guys, I need to incerement the date variable for instance echo `date '+%F %H:%M:00'` this produces 2014-08-02 20:05:00 -I will grant this to : $Datehour and need to assign 1 hr from now to $Datelasthour -the script time will be used to talk to DB system information. however... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mo_VERTICASQL
4 Replies
NICE(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   NICE(1)

NAME
nice -- execute a utility at an altered scheduling priority SYNOPSIS
nice [-n increment] utility [argument ...] DESCRIPTION
The nice utility runs utility at an altered scheduling priority, by incrementing its ``nice'' value by the specified increment, or a default value of 10. The lower the nice value of a process, the higher its scheduling priority. The superuser may specify a negative increment in order to run a utility with a higher scheduling priority. Some shells may provide a builtin nice command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. ENVIRONMENT
The PATH environment variable is used to locate the requested utility if the name contains no '/' characters. EXAMPLES
Execute utility 'date' at priority 5 assuming the priority of the shell is 0: nice -n 5 date Execute utility 'date' at priority -19 assuming the priority of the shell is 0 and you are the super-user: nice -n 16 nice -n -35 date DIAGNOSTICS
If utility is invoked, the exit status of nice is the exit status of utility. An exit status of 126 indicates utility was found, but could not be executed. An exit status of 127 indicates utility could not be found. SEE ALSO
builtin(1), csh(1), idprio(1), rtprio(1), getpriority(2), setpriority(2), renice(8) COMPATIBILITY
The traditional -increment option has been deprecated but is still supported. STANDARDS
The nice utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
A nice utility appeared in Version 4 AT&T UNIX. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD