Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to deal with Tar error ?
Operating Systems AIX How to deal with Tar error ? Post 302974686 by filosophizer on Thursday 2nd of June 2016 06:17:19 AM
Old 06-02-2016
@hicksd8
The Database or Datafile is not corrupt (see here -- posted on Oracle Forums)

Code:
SQL> select * from v$database_block_corruption ;

no rows selected

SQL>

This is what I am thinking, export all data from applsysd02.dbf to temporary.dbf
delete applsysd02.dbf
create applsysd02.dbf in another filesystem
import data into applsysd02.dbf from temporary.dbf

But I am not sure, if this will work for Oracle Database as applsysd02.dbf contains Apps Top Tier information, so what I wanted is confirmation from DBA -- hence posted on Oracle forums.

May be someone here knows if this works :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

TAR error

When I tried to decompress using TAR the following error was popped up.. tar: blocksize = 0 ..Can anyone tell me wht this means and how to rectify this error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemin_pm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error in tar

Hi i am facing one problem with one file dxagent.ss, this file has most of the binary contents. when i m running following command on unix machine tar xpf dxagent.ss output should be: removing leading '/' from members name. and should create 'usr' and 'var' directory. but i am getting some... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogini nemade
5 Replies

3. AIX

Tar error

When Im trying to untar a file I get an error message tar: 0511-169 A directory checksum error on media; 804399248 not equal to 46325. What can I do to untar my file Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joemad
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Error while using tar

Hi, WHile decompressing the files, i get the error tar: directory checksum error. After decompressing when i check the size of file, it is less than the original file. Due to this error, there is loss of data. How can this error be removed? Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwal
7 Replies

5. Linux

tar error exit delayed form pervious error

Hi when use "tar cpvzf /dev/st0 --exclude=/proc --exclude-/lost+found --exclude=/mnt --exclude=/media --exclude=/sys /" to tape, get the following message "tar: error exit delayed form pervious error", What is the mean ? Please suggest some solution for these errors. thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chayato
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f` only tar 1 file

Hi all, 4 files are returned when i issue 'find . -mtime -1 -type f -ls'. ./ora_475244.aud ./ora_671958.aud ./ora_934052.aud ./ora_934050.aud However, when I issued the below command: tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f`, the tar file only contains the 1st file -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
2 Replies

7. Programming

How to deal with this error: floating constant exponent has no digits

A conditional statement cause it: if(strlen(str) < n1+1) { ------- } (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deal with .tar.gz files in Linux?x

Dear all, there are more than 10 files with .tar.gz extension in my folder i didnt want to extract them i just want to run the query to fetch my necessary data from all the files. but when i run the command it untar the files in that folder. gunzip -c abc.tar.gz | tar -xf - | grep REC |... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar error

do you have idea what is the limit to zip the file. + tar -cvf - today.txt tar: Size of today.txt >= 8GB. Not dumped. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
3 Replies
grass-dbf(1grass)						Grass User's Manual						 grass-dbf(1grass)

NAME
grass-dbf - DBF driver DBF driver DBF driver in GRASS Defining the DBF driver The DBF driver is the default driver, in theory no user interaction is required. However, if the settings should be set back from a differ- ent to the DBF driver, the following step is required: # keep single quotes: db.connect driver=dbf database='$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/' db.connect -p The dbf/ subdirectory in the mapset must exist or must be created by the user. Creating a DBF table Usually DBF tables are created by GRASS when generating a vector map with attributes (and using DBF as default attribute driver). If a DBF table has to be created manually, db.execute can be used or a spreadsheet application. Also db.copy is sometimes useful as well as db.in.ogr to import external tables. Supported SQL commands by DBF driver ALTER TABLE table ADD [COLUMN] columndef ALTER TABLE table DROP COLUMN colname CREATE TABLE table ( columndefs ) DROP TABLE table SELECT columns FROM table SELECT columns FROM table WHERE condition SELECT columns FROM table ORDER BY column DELETE FROM table DELETE FROM table WHERE condition INSERT INTO table VALUES (value1[,value2,...]) INSERT INTO table ( column1[,column2,...] ) VALUES (value1[,value2,...]) UPDATE table SET assignment1[,assignment2,...] UPDATE table SET assignment1[,assignment2,...] WHERE condition Operators available in conditions "=" : equal "<" : smaller than "<=" : smaller/equal than ">" : larger than ">=" : larger/equal than "<>" : not equal "~" : Substring matching (non-standard SQL) "%" : Substring matching (limited functionality) Arithmetic expressions using constants and field values are allowed in condition clauses and in the RHS of assignments. Usual precedence rules and bracketing (using '(' and ')') are supported. Type conversion is performed if necessary (experimental). Conditions allow boolean expressions using the AND, OR and NOT operators, with the usual precedence rules. NULLs can be tested by 'colname IS NULL' in conditions. The negation is 'colname NOT NULL'. Sorting: Empty fields in a character column are sorted to the end. LIMITATIONS OF THE DBF DRIVER
The DBF driver supports only a few SQL statements since the DBF tables are intended for simple table storage. DBF column names are limited to 10 characters (as defined in the DBF specifications). For example, aggregate functions (sum, count, min, max,...) are not supported in SELECT clauses; mathematic functions (sin, cos, exp, log,...) are not supported in expressions; SQL query with IN are not supported. ERROR MESSAGES
An error message such as: DBMI-DBF driver error: SQL parser error: syntax error, unexpected NAME processing 'IN'.. indicates that an unsupported SQL statement (here, 'IN') was used. The only solution is to switch the DBMI backend to a real SQL engine (SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.). See SQL support in GRASS GIS. An error message such as: DBMI-DBF driver error: SQL parser error: syntax error, unexpected DESC, expecting NAME processing 'DESC' indicates that a column name corresponds to a reserved SQL word (here: 'DESC'). A different column name should be used. If this happens during import with v.in.ogr, the cnames parameter can be used to assign different column names on the fly. SEE ALSO
db.connect, SQL support in GRASS GIS DBF Specifications (Shapelib) Last changed: $Date: 2011-02-07 18:59:50 +0100 (Mon, 07 Feb 2011) $ Help Index GRASS 6.4.2 grass-dbf(1grass)