Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Chown error in Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris Chown error in Solaris Post 302974646 by gull05 on Wednesday 1st of June 2016 08:38:33 PM
Old 06-01-2016
Hello Peasant,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry i am a newbie, can you please help me on commads how it can be done please?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chown and NIS

I have a box that people are using to ssh to our customer sites. Everyone uses an NIS account that I have created for them. I also create home directories for these users as well on this box. My question is can use a command, like chown, to change ownership of the directories I create to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jody
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chown and permissions

how i could give to user permission(delete,execute and so on) and ownership to files? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ithost
1 Replies

3. AIX

chown

hello chown not change ownership before: 205:system ~kuku chown kuku:system ~kuku after no change 205:system ~kuku aix box can someone help me? ariec (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariec
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chown

is there a difference in chown on a file or a directory? how do i chown a directory and all the contents? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

5. AIX

Trouble in chown

I'm a owner of directories or files why I can't deliver the ownership of them up to other users? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kang
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Chown - error

I have a file fin2009_4.txt.gz in the unix ftp server. Owner of the file is: ftpusr. -rw-r--r-- 1 ftpusr sap 0 Feb 19 10:19 fin2009_4.txt.gz When I try to delete this file after copying to my home folder, I am getting the following error. rm: fin2009_4.txt.gz1: override... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sid1982
4 Replies

7. Solaris

chown

Hello My oracledatabase creats some xmlfiles. this files has the owner hugo. now I've a script (how runs als hugo2) and this script will insert this XMLFile into the database. But that doesn't work, because the owner of the files is wrong, and hugo has not the rights to insert this files into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Street
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chown: <file>: Not owner on Solaris 9

Hi, on a Solaris 5.9 machine no user except for root is able to use chown. for exmaple: > touch iamgal > ls -la iamgal -rw-r--r-- 1 galtest1 other 0 Dec 19 08:40 iamgal > chown galu iamgal chown: iamgal: Not owner I have checked about /etc/system and rstchown - it is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: galuzan
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls help. can't do chown ????

I am trying to change the directory to owner of Sybase. But I get permission denied. I did login as root. newd1> ls -l total 58 drwxr-xr-x 2 prod develop 5 Oct 17 06:51 bin drwxr-xr-x 2 prod develop 7 Oct 17 07:18 etc dr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 1... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using chown command.

I am working on a test machine. I just discovered that I have misunderstood the way the following command is run. chown -Rv some_user:users /some_folder/*This command do exactly what I want. Change the owner of every things from the named folder and in all child folders. But of course it leave... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
13 Replies
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)					   XCB Requests 				       xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)

NAME
xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma - SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/randr.h> Request function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_crtc_t crtc); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; uint16_t size; uint8_t pad1[22]; } xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t; Reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_red_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_green_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); uint16_t *xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_request_t *reply); int xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_length(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_blue_end(const xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. crtc TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_RANDR_GET_CRTC_GAMMA. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). size TODO: NOT YET DOCUMENTED. DESCRIPTION
RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. SEE ALSO
AUTHOR
Generated from randr.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_randr_get_crtc_gamma(3)