Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to deal with Tar error ?
Operating Systems AIX How to deal with Tar error ? Post 302974480 by filosophizer on Tuesday 31st of May 2016 04:34:24 AM
Old 05-31-2016
Oracle EBS 11.5.9
Database 9i
Two tier config
Database on one server
Apps on another server

@hicksd8
Database in no archive mode, so when I make tar/gunzip, I will shutdown Database and then make tar/zip ;

yes, that's true, you can use RMAN (Oracle Backup Tool) but for that you have to make it in archive log mode...

@Bakunin
thank you,

Database if off, and
Code:
root@clodb:/clodbvg>/opt/freeware/bin/tar cvf -  /oradata | gzip > /clodbvg/bkp_30MAY16.tgz
/opt/freeware/bin/tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
/oradata/
/oradata/proddata/apd01.dbf
/oradata/proddata/applsysd01.dbf
/oradata/proddata/applsysd02.dbf
/opt/freeware/bin/tar: /oradata/proddata/applsysd02.dbf: Read error at byte 4767080960, r       eading 10240 bytes: There is an input or output error.
/oradata/proddata/applsysd03.dbf
oradata/proddata/zfax01.dbf
/oradata/proddata/zsad01.dbf
/oradata/proddata/zsax01.dbf
/opt/freeware/bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
root@clodb:/clodbvg>

root@clodb:/oradata>cp /oradata/proddata/applsysd02.dbf /backup/applsysd02.dbf
cp: /oradata/proddata/applsysd02.dbf: There is an input or output error.

root@clodb:/oradata>dd if=/oradata/proddata/applsysd02.dbf of=/dev/null bs=1024
dd: 0511-051 The read failed.
: There is an input or output error.
4655364+0 records in.
4655364+0 records out.
root@clodb:/oradata>

root@clodb:/oradata>lsvg oradbvg
VOLUME GROUP:       oradbvg                  VG IDENTIFIER:  00c7780e00004c000000014977a0c65e
VG STATE:           active                   PP SIZE:        128 megabyte(s)
VG PERMISSION:      read/write               TOTAL PPs:      1439 (184192 megabytes)
MAX LVs:            256                      FREE PPs:       86 (11008 megabytes)
LVs:                4                        USED PPs:       1353 (173184 megabytes)
OPEN LVs:           4                        QUORUM:         2 (Enabled)
TOTAL PVs:          1                        VG DESCRIPTORS: 2
STALE PVs:          0                        STALE PPs:      0
ACTIVE PVs:         1                        AUTO ON:        yes
MAX PPs per VG:     32512
MAX PPs per PV:     2032                     MAX PVs:        16
LTG size (Dynamic): 256 kilobyte(s)          AUTO SYNC:      no
HOT SPARE:          no                       BB POLICY:      non-relocatable

root@clodb:/oradata>chvg -by oradbvg

root@clodb:/oradata>lsvg oradbvg
VOLUME GROUP:       oradbvg                  VG IDENTIFIER:  00c7780e00004c000000014977a0c65e
VG STATE:           active                   PP SIZE:        128 megabyte(s)
VG PERMISSION:      read/write               TOTAL PPs:      1439 (184192 megabytes)
MAX LVs:            256                      FREE PPs:       86 (11008 megabytes)
LVs:                4                        USED PPs:       1353 (173184 megabytes)
OPEN LVs:           4                        QUORUM:         2 (Enabled)
TOTAL PVs:          1                        VG DESCRIPTORS: 2
STALE PVs:          0                        STALE PPs:      0
ACTIVE PVs:         1                        AUTO ON:        yes
MAX PPs per VG:     32512
MAX PPs per PV:     2032                     MAX PVs:        16
LTG size (Dynamic): 256 kilobyte(s)          AUTO SYNC:      no
HOT SPARE:          no                       BB POLICY:      relocatable

Last edited by filosophizer; 05-31-2016 at 07:25 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

TAR error

When I tried to decompress using TAR the following error was popped up.. tar: blocksize = 0 ..Can anyone tell me wht this means and how to rectify this error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemin_pm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error in tar

Hi i am facing one problem with one file dxagent.ss, this file has most of the binary contents. when i m running following command on unix machine tar xpf dxagent.ss output should be: removing leading '/' from members name. and should create 'usr' and 'var' directory. but i am getting some... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogini nemade
5 Replies

3. AIX

Tar error

When Im trying to untar a file I get an error message tar: 0511-169 A directory checksum error on media; 804399248 not equal to 46325. What can I do to untar my file Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joemad
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Error while using tar

Hi, WHile decompressing the files, i get the error tar: directory checksum error. After decompressing when i check the size of file, it is less than the original file. Due to this error, there is loss of data. How can this error be removed? Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwal
7 Replies

5. Linux

tar error exit delayed form pervious error

Hi when use "tar cpvzf /dev/st0 --exclude=/proc --exclude-/lost+found --exclude=/mnt --exclude=/media --exclude=/sys /" to tape, get the following message "tar: error exit delayed form pervious error", What is the mean ? Please suggest some solution for these errors. thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chayato
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f` only tar 1 file

Hi all, 4 files are returned when i issue 'find . -mtime -1 -type f -ls'. ./ora_475244.aud ./ora_671958.aud ./ora_934052.aud ./ora_934050.aud However, when I issued the below command: tar -cvf test.tar `find . -mtime -1 -type f`, the tar file only contains the 1st file -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
2 Replies

7. Programming

How to deal with this error: floating constant exponent has no digits

A conditional statement cause it: if(strlen(str) < n1+1) { ------- } (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deal with .tar.gz files in Linux?x

Dear all, there are more than 10 files with .tar.gz extension in my folder i didnt want to extract them i just want to run the query to fetch my necessary data from all the files. but when i run the command it untar the files in that folder. gunzip -c abc.tar.gz | tar -xf - | grep REC |... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar error

do you have idea what is the limit to zip the file. + tar -cvf - today.txt tar: Size of today.txt >= 8GB. Not dumped. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
3 Replies
XBase::SDBM(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  XBase::SDBM(3pm)

NAME
XBase::SDBM - SDBM index support for dbf DESCRIPTION
When developing the XBase.pm/DBD::XBase module, I was trying to support as many existing variants of file formats as possible. The module thus accepts wide range of dbf files and their versions from various producers. But with index files, the task is much, much harder. First, there is little or no documentation of index files formats, so the development is based on reverse engineering. None if the index formats support is finalized. That made it hard to integrate them into one consistent API. That is why I decided to write my own index support, and as I wanted to avoid inventing yet another way of storing records in pages and similar things, I used SDBM. It comes with Perl, so you already have it, and it's proven and it works. Now, SDBM is a module that aims at other task than to do supporting indexes for a dbf. But equality tests are fast with it and I have creted a structure in each index file to enable "walk" though the index file. VERSION
1.02 AVAILABLE FROM
http://www.adelton.com/perl/DBD-XBase/ AUTHOR
(c) 2001--2011 Jan Pazdziora. All rights reserved. This package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-03-03 XBase::SDBM(3pm)