Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Capture PRSTAT based on CPU usage percentage Post 302974402 by RudiC on Monday 30th of May 2016 06:07:06 AM
Old 05-30-2016
Try $9+0 (to convert it into a number).
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to determine cpu&memory percentage usage per user

Using HP-UX v11 Need to monitor cpu and memory usage, total for system and separately for each user in command-line mode. Found out next ways to monitor total cpu usage under hp-ux: 1) vmstat, also shows free memory 2) sar -M ps -eo user,pcpu - does not work, means 'user-defined format'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hp-ux-user
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Usage of prstat -j option.

Hi, I need to capture output of prstat command for certain pid's .I found it as prstat -j filename. I created a filename projlist gave the pid number on the projlist file and run the cmd like this >prstat -j projlist prstat: illegal argument -- projlist can anybody suggest how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipin771
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get percentage cpu from pid

Hi all, I need a script that will check the cpu usage of a certain process and then kill the process if the % cpu is greater than 25%. I know i can get the pid of a process by doing pidof <processname>. Once I have the pid number is there a command in bash to return the current % cpu? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
2 Replies

5. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

6. Solaris

100% memory usage in prstat

Hi Guys, I have observed the Oracle (DB USER) is utilizing 100% of the memory in the prstat -a output. I am bit confused is it normal and if not how to bring it down? ABout the machine it is a SunOS 5.10 Generic_125100-10 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200. Please see below output of prstat -a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with bash script - Need to get CPU usage as a percentage

I'm writing a bash script to log some selections from a sensors output (core temp, mb temp, etc.) and I would also like to have the current cpu usage as a percentage. I have no idea how to go about getting it in a form that a bash script can use. For example, I would simply look in the output of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total Percentage CPU usage

Hi, How can I find total CPU usage in percentage? e.g. if my system has 8 CPUs and I want to list total usage for all of them, is it possible through a command? I have tried some of the commands like top, mpstat, sar. The output of those commands has to be manipulated to derive the percentage... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jal_capri
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Questions about prstat and CPU utility

Question 1: I want to store the result of prstat to a file. If I write in this way: prstat -a >>prstat.log, the result of prstat is stored to the file prstat.log correctly; but if I write it in this way:prstat -a |grep abc>>prstat.log (abc is the name of a program since I only want to trace... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilili07
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Capture PRSTAT

Is there any scripts to capture the process which use more than 5% CPU from prstat output? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
9 Replies
netsniff-ng(8)							netsniff-ng-toolkit						    netsniff-ng(8)

NAME
netsniff-ng - the packet sniffing beast SYNOPSIS
netsniff-ng -i|-d|--dev|--in <dev|pcap> -o|--out <dev|pcap|dir|txf> [-f|--filter <bpf-file>][-t|--type <type>][-F|--interval <uint>] [-s|--silent][-J|--jumbo-support][-n|--num <uint>][-r|--rand] [-M|--no-promisc][-m|--mmap | -c|--clrw][-S|--ring-size <size>] [-k|--kernel-pull <uint>][-b|--bind-cpu <cpu> | -B|--unbind-cpu <cpu>] [-H|--prio-high][-Q|--notouch-irq][-q|--less | -X|--hex | -l|--ascii] [-v|--version][-h|--help] DESCRIPTION
The first sniffer that invoked both, the zero-copy RX_RING as well as the zero-copy TX_RING for high-performance network I/O and scatter/gather or mmaped PCAP I/O. EXAMPLES
netsniff-ng --in eth0 --out dump.pcap Capture traffic from interface 'eth0' and save it pcap file 'dump.pcap' netsniff-ng --in any --filter http.bpf --payload Capture HTTP traffic from any interface and print its payload on stdout netsniff-ng --in wlan0 --bind-cpu 0,1 Capture all traffic from wlan0 interface. Schedule process on CPU 0 and 1. OPTIONS
-i|-d|--dev|--in <dev|pcap> Input source. Can be a network device or pcap file. -o|--out <dev|pcap|dir|txf> Output sink. Can be a network device, pcap file, a trafgen txf file or a directory. (There's only pcap to txf translation possible.) -f|--filter <bpf-file> Use BPF filter file from bpfc. -t|--type <type> Only handle packets of defined type: - broadcast - multicast - others - outgoing -F|--interval <uint> Dump interval in seconds. if -o is a directory, a new pcap will be created at each interval. The older files are left untouched. (default value: 60 seconds) -s|--silent Do not print captured packets to stdout. -J|--jumbo-support Support for 64KB Super Jumbo Frames. -n|--num <uint> When zerp, capture/replay until SIGINT is received (default). When non-zero, capture/replay the number of packets. -r|--rand Randomize packet forwarding order (replay mode only). -M|--no-promisc Do not place the interface in promiscuous mode. -m|--mmap Mmap pcap file i.e., for replaying. Default: scatter/gather I/O. -c|--clrw Instead of using scatter/gather I/O use slower read(2)/write(2) I/O. -S|--ring-size <size> Manually set ring size in KB/MB/GB, e.g. '10MB'. -k|--kernel-pull <uint> Kernel pull from user interval in microseconds. Default is 10us. (replay mode only). -b|--bind-cpu <cpu> Bind to specific CPU (or CPU-range). -B|--unbind-cpu <cpu> Forbid to use specific CPU (or CPU-range). -H|--prio-high Run the process in high-priority mode. -Q|--notouch-irq Do not touch IRQ CPU affinity of NIC. -q|--less Print less-verbose packet information. -X|--hex Print packet data in hex format. -l|--ascii Print human-readable packet data. -v|--version Print version. -h|--help Print help text and lists all options. AUTHOR
Written by Daniel Borkmann <daniel@netsniff-ng.org> and Emmanuel Roullit <emmanuel@netsniff-ng.org> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Emmanuel Roullit <emmanuel@netsniff-ng.org> BUGS
Please report bugs to <bugs@netsniff-ng.org> 2012-06-29 netsniff-ng(8)