Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Capture PRSTAT based on CPU usage percentage Post 302974402 by RudiC on Monday 30th of May 2016 06:07:06 AM
Old 05-30-2016
Try $9+0 (to convert it into a number).
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to determine cpu&memory percentage usage per user

Using HP-UX v11 Need to monitor cpu and memory usage, total for system and separately for each user in command-line mode. Found out next ways to monitor total cpu usage under hp-ux: 1) vmstat, also shows free memory 2) sar -M ps -eo user,pcpu - does not work, means 'user-defined format'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hp-ux-user
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Usage of prstat -j option.

Hi, I need to capture output of prstat command for certain pid's .I found it as prstat -j filename. I created a filename projlist gave the pid number on the projlist file and run the cmd like this >prstat -j projlist prstat: illegal argument -- projlist can anybody suggest how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipin771
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get percentage cpu from pid

Hi all, I need a script that will check the cpu usage of a certain process and then kill the process if the % cpu is greater than 25%. I know i can get the pid of a process by doing pidof <processname>. Once I have the pid number is there a command in bash to return the current % cpu? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
2 Replies

5. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

6. Solaris

100% memory usage in prstat

Hi Guys, I have observed the Oracle (DB USER) is utilizing 100% of the memory in the prstat -a output. I am bit confused is it normal and if not how to bring it down? ABout the machine it is a SunOS 5.10 Generic_125100-10 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200. Please see below output of prstat -a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with bash script - Need to get CPU usage as a percentage

I'm writing a bash script to log some selections from a sensors output (core temp, mb temp, etc.) and I would also like to have the current cpu usage as a percentage. I have no idea how to go about getting it in a form that a bash script can use. For example, I would simply look in the output of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total Percentage CPU usage

Hi, How can I find total CPU usage in percentage? e.g. if my system has 8 CPUs and I want to list total usage for all of them, is it possible through a command? I have tried some of the commands like top, mpstat, sar. The output of those commands has to be manipulated to derive the percentage... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jal_capri
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Questions about prstat and CPU utility

Question 1: I want to store the result of prstat to a file. If I write in this way: prstat -a >>prstat.log, the result of prstat is stored to the file prstat.log correctly; but if I write it in this way:prstat -a |grep abc>>prstat.log (abc is the name of a program since I only want to trace... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilili07
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Capture PRSTAT

Is there any scripts to capture the process which use more than 5% CPU from prstat output? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
9 Replies
PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Capture(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Capture(3pm)

NAME
PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Capture - Represent capture parentheses. SYNOPSIS
use PPIx::Regexp::Dumper; PPIx::Regexp::Dumper->new( 'qr{(foo)}smx' ) ->print(); INHERITANCE
"PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Capture" is a PPIx::Regexp::Structure. "PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Capture" is the parent of PPIx::Regexp::Structure::NamedCapture. DESCRIPTION
This class represents capture parentheses. METHODS
This class provides the following public methods. Methods not documented here are private, and unsupported in the sense that the author reserves the right to change or remove them without notice. name my $name = $element->name(); This method returns the name of the capture buffer. Unless the buffer is actually named, this will be "undef". number my $number = $element->number() This method returns the number of the capture buffer. Note that named buffers have numbers also. SUPPORT
Support is by the author. Please file bug reports at <http://rt.cpan.org>, or in electronic mail to the author. AUTHOR
Thomas R. Wyant, III wyant at cpan dot org COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009-2012 by Thomas R. Wyant, III This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl 5.10.0. For more details, see the full text of the licenses in the directory LICENSES. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-06 PPIx::Regexp::Structure::Capture(3pm)