Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting LDAP data in CSV format - Part II Post 302974349 by ItalianTripod on Saturday 28th of May 2016 06:26:57 PM
Old 05-28-2016
LDAP data in CSV format in KSH

Here's a ksh script accomplishing the same end result with the exception of including all members in each group, instead of only the last member. The script also archives the csv file before clearing the contents. Is this what you are looking for?
Smilie

Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh93

if [[ $# -eq 0 ]];then
  print "Invalid Usage: Argument expected."
  exit 1
fi

LDAP_CSV_FILE="./SAM_GROUPS.ldif.csv"
LDIF_FILE="./"$@

if [[ ! -f ${LDIF_FILE} ]] ;
then
  print "SAM ldif file called" $@ "does not exist."
  exit 1
fi

if [[ -f ${LDAP_CSV_FILE} ]] ;
then
  cp ${LDAP_CSV_FILE} ${LDAP_CSV_FILE}"."`date +%Y%m%d`
 if [ $? == 0 ]; then
    cat /dev/null > ${LDAP_CSV_FILE}
 fi
fi

while read LINE
do
if [[ ${LINE} == cn=* ]] && [[ ${LINE} != *","* ]] ;
then
  GROUP=${LINE:3}
fi

if [[ ${LINE} == uniquemember=* ]] ;
then
  MEMBER='"'${LINE:13}'"'
fi

if [[ ${LINE} == *uniquemember=* ]] ;
then
  echo ${GROUP}","${MEMBER} >> ${LDAP_CSV_FILE}
fi

done < ${LDIF_FILE}

This User Gave Thanks to ItalianTripod For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to format a .CSV data

Hi There I needed to write a Unix shell script which will pick up the data from a .CSV file and reformat it as per the requirement and write it to another .CSV file. Currently I am in the proess of Data Import to "Remedy System" (A one kind of incident mangement Application) and this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uday1982
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell script to format .CSV data

Hi all, I have written a shell script to search a specified directory (e.g. /home/user) for a list of specific words (shown as ${TMPDIR}/wordlist below). The script works well enough, but I was wondering if there was a way to display the line number that the word is found on? Thanks! cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmcmurtr
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retaining the Unix CSV format in Excel format while exporting

Hi All, I have created a Unix Shell script whch creates a *.csv file and export it to Excel. The problem i am facing is that Users wants one of the AMOUNT field in comma separted values. Example : if the Amount has the value as 3000000 User wants to be in 3,000,000 format. This Amount format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawat_me01
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of xhtml data into csv format using dump utility

Hi Unix Gurus, I tried to convert the attached xhtml table content into csv file using unix shell script (lynx -dump filename) and got the below results: Title ID Owner Priority Estimate Project Change Date Changed By Complexity Create Date Created By Detail Estimate Total De tail... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bi.infa
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV data format manipulation

Hi There I need a script which will pick up the data from a .CSV file and reformat it as per the requirement and write it to another .CSV file. I am using an application that will only take data in a particular format and need something that will convert without manual intervention. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbggbr16
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

LDAP data in CSV format

Hi all, I am new here, please don't eat me alive.. I am trying to find a good community to learn and participate in unix / linux discussions to help me improve in my current job. That being said, I have a problem which I didn't expect to challenge me, but I can't seem to find a viable... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tfm217
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert csv data to html format

I am new to html and need to convert the attached csv file data to html format ; running into issues. please assist. #!/bin/ksh echo "<html>" ; echo "<head><style> table {border-collapse: collapse;} table, td, th {border: 1px solid black;} </style></head>" echo "<title> REPORT </title>" echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: archana25
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we filter the below log data into CSV format?

HI , I m looking for help here!!! Can we filter the below log data into CSV format ? timestamp INFO <text > - Some text Drive .. Need a format of separate field such as 1 2 3 4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MohSalNiz
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Log file data into CSV format

I m looking for help here!!! Can we filter the below log data into CSV format ? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 timestamp INFO <text > - Some text (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MohSalNiz
1 Replies
RNANO(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RNANO(1)

NAME
rnano - Restricted mode for Nano's ANOther editor, an enhanced free Pico clone SYNOPSIS
rnano [OPTIONS] [[+LINE,COLUMN] FILE]... DESCRIPTION
This manual page briefly documents the rnano command. nano is a small, free and friendly editor which aims to replace Pico, the default editor included in the non-free Pine package. Rather than just copying Pico's look and feel, nano also implements some missing (or disabled by default) features in Pico, such as "search and replace" and "go to line and column number". rnano is a restricted version of nano, which only edits specific files and doesn't allow the user access to the filesystem or a command shell. In restricted mode, nano will not: o read or write to any file not specified on the command line; o read any nanorc files; o allow suspending; o allow a file to be appended to, prepended to, or saved under a different name; o use backup files or spell checking. OPTIONS
+LINE,COLUMN Places cursor at line number LINE and column number COLUMN (at least one of which must be specified) on startup, instead of the default of line 1, column 1. -? Same as -h (--help). -h (--help) Show a summary of command line options and exit. -V (--version) Show the current version number and exit. See the nano(1) manpage for the complete documentation of nano. BUGS
Please send any comments or bug reports to nano@nano-editor.org. The nano mailing list is available from nano-devel@gnu.org. To subscribe, email to nano-devel-request@gnu.org with a subject of "subscribe". HOMEPAGE
http://www.nano-editor.org/ AUTHOR
Chris Allegretta <chrisa@asty.org>, et al (see AUTHORS for details). This manual page was originally written by Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@kinkhorst.com>, for the Debian system (but may be used by others). August 23, 2007 version 2.0.0 RNANO(1)