Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in refreshing a text editor (gedit) for scanned pdf Post 302974297 by Corona688 on Friday 27th of May 2016 11:19:36 AM
Old 05-27-2016
Just because you had a real file doesn't mean it had real contents. If it's a scanned PDF, something has to do optical character recogntion, and pdf2text does not. Hence the PDF's you get are empty.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pdf to text

Hi, Can anyone help me in converting a PDF file into a text file? Thanks, sskb (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to open a text file using some tool such as gedit under gtk

how to open a text file using some tool such as gedit under gtk I list some text file names in a GtkCList . I want to open the file on when users click on the row. How to implement this ? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pasting text in VI editor from a different editor

Hi, I knw its a silly question, but am a newbie to 'vi' editor. I'm forced to use this, hence kindly help me with this question. How can i paste a chunk 'copied from' a different editor(gedit) in 'vi editor'? As i see, p & P options does work only within 'vi'. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishmitty
10 Replies

4. Solaris

weird problem - terminal not refreshing; sleep not terminating

Hi, I am having a wierd problem in one of the Solaris server. root@ussd # uname -a SunOS ussd 5.8 Generic_108528-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R The problem is that terminal is not refreshing when we run commands like prstat, tail -f "some log file", sar -u 1 10 Also, sleep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

create pdf of text file help

Can someone please tell me why this is not working? I have created numerous pdf's from text files by following these instructions and this time it is not working. Convert jpeg files to PDF under Linux | bitPrison.net convert /home/liveuser/Documents/hw7 /home/liveuser/Documents/hw7.pdf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PDF to Text Conversion

Hi Guys, My OS is Suse Linux.. Is there a Command to convert PDF file to Text?? Cheers!!!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pdf to text

Is there a way using the pdf to text utility to convert all the pdf in a given directory? So instead of one at a time: pdftotext pdftotext hp-manual.pdf hp-manual.txt a directory of 50 pdf files would be converted: pdftotext /home/dnascopev/Desktop/PDF.pdf /home/dnascopev/Desktop/PDF.txt ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text to pdf

Is there a way to covert te attached text file to a pdf? I have tried: enscript-p output.ps article.txt PRE.cjk { font-family: "WenQuanYi Micro Hei",monospace; }PRE.ctl { font-family: "Lohit Hindi",monospace; }P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } awk '{ A=$2; next} END { for (i in A) print... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

Best text to pdf converter for Hp/UX 11.31

Hi, Can anyone tell me the best converter I can use to convert text to pdf for HP/UX 11.31? Thanks, Linda (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnemitz
0 Replies
Text::PDF::TTFont(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Text::PDF::TTFont(3pm)

NAME
Text::PDF::TTFont - Inherits from Text::PDF::Dict and represents a TrueType font within a PDF file. DESCRIPTION
A font consists of two primary parts in a PDF file: the header and the font descriptor. Whilst two fonts may share font descriptors, they will have their own header dictionaries including encoding and widhth information. INSTANCE VARIABLES
There are no instance variables beyond the variables which directly correspond to entries in the appropriate PDF dictionaries. METHODS
Text::PDF::TTFont->new($parent, $fontfname, $pdfname, %opts) Creates a new font resource for the given fontfile. This includes the font descriptor and the font stream. The $pdfname is the name by which this font resource will be known throught a particular PDF file. All font resources are full PDF objects. $t->width($text) Measures the width of the given text according to the widths in the font $t->trim($text, $len) Trims the given text to the given length (in per mille em) returning the trimmed text $t->out_text($text) Indicates to the font that the text is to be output and returns the text to be output $f->copy Copies the font object excluding the name, widths and encoding, etc. TITLE
Text::PDF::TTIOString - internal IO type handle for string output for font embedding. This code is ripped out of IO::Scalar, to save the direct dependence for so little. See IO::Scalar for details perl v5.8.8 2006-09-09 Text::PDF::TTFont(3pm)