Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 - Automatically update local IPS repository Post 302974295 by dheitepriem on Friday 27th of May 2016 11:07:50 AM
Old 05-27-2016
Unfortunately not. I thought of something like this
How to Automatically Copy a Repository From the Internet
(I'm still unable to post links due to the "5 posts" rule)

But this seems only possible by adding a new repository which I want to avoid if possible.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatically copying files from server to local drive?

I would like automate the process of copying some logs files from a server to my local hard drive at a set time each week/day. I don't really know anything about creating and scheduling jobs. Is this something I could setup relatively easily? I would like to automatically copy all the logs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sepia
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatically update ??

Hi, This is deb, i have problem an a script for that i need some help and support. problem is ..... i have a file called 'empdetails' i want to add every update or modification of a particular employee to that file (like swap in or swap out,salary,emp id etc.) and the file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deb.simply
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to take file from SAP server to local serve automatically

Hi, I have problem in writing the UNIX scripts,I have one SAP server and my local server .I want to take one file from SAP server to my local server weekly bases I want to write one UNIX scripts which will automatically takes that file from SAP server to my server.so I need not need to pull the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohsin22021987
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Local yum repository

Hi Friends, I have succesfully configured a local yum repository using ios image. Please let me know how i can synchronize the local repository with RHN. Is it possible, so that i can update the local repository with latest updates. Regards, Arumon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris IPS problems

Hi guys, long time no see Today I installed Oracle Solaris 11.11 in virtualbox. My machine needs to be bulletproof for our production databases but :D First problem is that I can't install anything using IPS where publisher is solars, default freeware repo for Oracle Solaris. I need... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Updating my Solaris 11 IPS

Hi experts, I have an X86 as my IPS server running ( uname -a SunOS 5.11 11.1 i86pc i386 i86pc). the IPS has the following package version: prdb01b:~# pkg list -fa entire NAME (PUBLISHER) VERSION IFO entire ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Repository update

i have a repository server for red hat and centos clients. the repository contain all the rpms from the original install cd. now lets say i will add for example the new BASH rpm that fixes the shellshock vaulnerbility. when the client machine will run the command: "yum update bash" did the yum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guy3145
1 Replies

8. Linux

Local YUM Repository for RHEL versions

Hello, I need to know regarding setting up of Local repositories so that I can update or install packages on other RHEL servers. In our environment we have many servers with different RHEL versions. Like RHEL 7.2, RHEL 7.3, RHEL 7.4, RHEL 7.5 Arch = x86_64 I have setup one Repo server;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunshineMLinux
0 Replies
BLAZE-EDIT(1)						    BlazeBlogger Documentation						     BLAZE-EDIT(1)

NAME
blaze-edit - edits a blog post or a page in the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-edit [-fpqCPV] [-b directory] [-E editor] id blaze-edit -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-edit opens an existing blog post or a page with the specified id in an external text editor. Note that there are several special forms and placeholders that can be used in the text, and that will be replaced with a proper data when the blog is generated. Special Forms <!-- break --> A mark to delimit a blog post synopsis. Placeholders %root% A relative path to the root directory of the blog. %home% A relative path to the index page of the blog. %page[id]% A relative path to a page with the supplied id. %post[id]% A relative path to a blog post with the supplied id. %tag[name]% A relative path to a tag with the supplied name. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -E editor, --editor editor Allows you to specify an external text editor. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option. -p, --page Tells blaze-edit to edit a page or pages. -P, --post Tells blaze-edit to edit a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -f, --force Tells blaze-edit to create an empty source file in case it does not already exist. If the core.processor option is enabled, this file is used as the input to be processed by the selected application. -C, --no-processor Disables processing a blog post or page with an external application. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. ENVIRONMENT
EDITOR Unless the core.editor option is set, BlazeBlogger tries to use system-wide settings to decide which editor to use. EXAMPLE USAGE
Edit a blog post in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-edit 10 Edit a page in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-edit -p 4 Edit a page in nano: ~]$ blaze-edit -p 2 -E nano SEE ALSO
blaze-config(1), blaze-add(1), blaze-list(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-EDIT(1)