Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script runs manually, but not from cron Post 302974288 by bredman on Friday 27th of May 2016 08:43:45 AM
Old 05-27-2016
Yes... Same error;

Code:
trcfile  dev_rout
*  ERROR       SNC processing failed:
*              SncInit
*  TIME        Fri May 27 13:43:00 2016
*  RELEASE     745
*  COMPONENT   NI (network interface)
*  VERSION     40
*  RC          -17
*  MODULE      /bas/745_REL/src/base/ni/nisnc.c
*  LINE        553
*  DETAIL      NiSncInit: sncrc=-1
*  COUNTER     4

Last edited by RudiC; 05-27-2016 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: ... code tags ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can run script Manually, but not through Cron?

Hi all, I have a main script (called OracleCleanup) that runs some sql queries. that runs off a wrapper script which contains the sources for the login information and and JOB_HOME (the script is below). When I schedule this job in the cron the log says that it cannot open my list file, which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadHatter
4 Replies

2. Solaris

SFTP errorcode 1 when run on cron but runs manually

I am trying to run a sript on cron to SFTP data to a company. Private and public keys are set up. When I run this manully it works fine, however it was failing when run on cron. I have narrowed down the problem - it fails at the code that says if the error code is 0 then continue . . . I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heidi.Ebbs
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs manually but not correctly from crontab

Hi all I have this inside a shell script (bash): cd DIRECTORY find . -maxdepth 1 | sed 's#./##' | /usr/bin/xargs -I '{}' chown -Rv '{}' /DIRECTORY/'{}' All the directories in this location are named after usernames, so it simply sets the owner to that of the username of the folder. It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fakesy
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs manually but not correctly from crontab

Hello all, I'm new here and have a question if you don't mind helping me. I have a script that will work if I kick if off manually but not from Cron. My cron entry is this: 05,20,35,50 * * * * /scripts/status.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 The first script (works fine) is this: #!/bin/sh # #... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: hs3082
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script runs good manually but not through Cron tab

Hello Every one, I have a shell script which is running fine manually, but its giving me hard time when running tru cron job. :wall:. Am using #!/usr/bin/ksh >echo $SHELL /usr/bin/ksh Cron Job is as below, it execues but dosent do what i want it to do. 47 15 * * *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naren.chowdhary
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs fine manually but not in crontab

Hello Guys, I have scratched my head alot on this but couldn't find clue what's wrong. Can you please help me with this? My problem is as following. 1) When I manually execute following script it runs successfully with below output. bash-3.00# more smssend #!/bin/bash echo -e "<Request... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: umarsatti
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Part of the Shell script is not running via crontab, runs fine manually

Hello Team, As a part of my job we have made a script to automate a service to restart frequently. Script having two functions when executing it's should find the existing service and kill it, then start the same service . Verified the script it's working fine when executing... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs good manually but failing via crontab

Hello Gurus, I have written small script which will start the given service if its stop .Its running fine when manually executed but its unable to run from crontab. #!/bin/bash SERVICENAME=rsyslog service $SERVICENAME status > /dev/null SYSLOGSTATUS=`echo $?` COUNT=0 THRESHOLD=3 if ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapil514
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script runs manually but not from crontab in UNIX

Hi Guys, I am executing the script called Delet.sh manually it is successfully completing the task but it is failing to run vi cron tab, I tried to pass PATH & .profile before execution but no luck, Any suggestions? Script below #!/usr/bin/ksh #set -x # Purpose : Delete folders file from... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anilsa77
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem with Cron: Script works manually but not w/Cron. Why?

Hello gurus, I am making what I think is a simple db2 call from within a shell script but I am having difficulty producing the desired report when I run the script shown below from a shell script in cron. For example, my script and the crontab file setup is shown below: #!/bin/ksh db2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: okonita
3 Replies
RAKE(1) 						 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						   RAKE(1)

NAME
rake -- Ruby Make SYNOPSIS
rake [--f Rakefile] [--version] [-CGNPgnqstv] [-D [PATTERN]] [-E CODE] [-I LIBDIR] [-R RAKELIBDIR] [-T [PATTERN]] [-e CODE] [-p CODE] [-r MODULE] [--rules] [variable=value] target ... DESCRIPTION
Rake is a simple ruby(1) build program with capabilities similar to the regular make(1) command. Rake has the following features: o Rakefiles (Rake's version of Makefiles) are completely defined in standard Ruby syntax. No XML files to edit. No quirky Makefile syntax to worry about (is that a tab or a space?). o Users can specify tasks with prerequisites. o Rake supports rule patterns to synthesize implicit tasks. o Flexible FileLists that act like arrays but know about manipulating file names and paths. o A library of prepackaged tasks to make building rakefiles easier. OPTIONS
--version Display the program version. -C --classic-namespace Put Task and FileTask in the top level namespace -D [PATTERN] --describe [PATTERN] Describe the tasks (matching optional PATTERN), then exit. -E CODE --execute-continue CODE Execute some Ruby code, then continue with normal task processing. -G --no-system --nosystem Use standard project Rakefile search paths, ignore system wide rakefiles. -I LIBDIR --libdir LIBDIR Include LIBDIR in the search path for required modules. -N --no-search --nosearch Do not search parent directories for the Rakefile. -P --prereqs Display the tasks and dependencies, then exit. -R RAKELIBDIR --rakelib RAKELIBDIR --rakelibdir RAKELIBDIR Auto-import any .rake files in RAKELIBDIR. (default is rakelib ) -T [PATTERN] --tasks [PATTERN] Display the tasks (matching optional PATTERN) with descriptions, then exit. -e CODE --execute CODE Execute some Ruby code and exit. -f FILE --rakefile FILE Use FILE as the rakefile. -h --help Prints a summary of options. -g --system Using system wide (global) rakefiles (usually ~/.rake/*.rake ). -n --dry-run Do a dry run without executing actions. -p CODE --execute-print CODE Execute some Ruby code, print the result, then exit. -q --quiet Do not log messages to standard output. -r MODULE --require MODULE Require MODULE before executing rakefile. -s --silent Like --quiet, but also suppresses the 'in directory' announcement. -t --trace Turn on invoke/execute tracing, enable full backtrace. -v --verbose Log message to standard output (default). --rules Trace the rules resolution. SEE ALSO
ruby(1) make(1) http://rake.rubyforge.org/ REPORTING BUGS
Bugs, features requests and other issues can be logged at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/projects/show/rake>. You will need an account to before you can post issues. Register at <http://onestepback.org/redmine/account/register>. Or you can send an email to the author. AUTHOR
Rake is written by Jim Weirich <jim@weirichhouse.org> UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX