Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once Post 302974285 by stomp on Friday 27th of May 2016 08:33:16 AM
Old 05-27-2016
This needs bash:

Code:
sql_output="$(echo "select yourfield from yourtable;" \
      | mysql -uusername -p"password" database)"

or a little more secure...

Code:
sql_output="$(echo "select yourfield from yourtable;" \
      | mysql --defaults-extra-file=$HOME/.my.cnf_with_password -uusername database)"

mysql option "--skip-column-names" may be relevant too.

Last edited by stomp; 05-27-2016 at 10:01 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to stomp For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL queries in DB2 and output to file

Hi, I new to Unix and scripting. Following is my requirement. Can someone tell me whether its possible or not. Also please let me know how to proceed further if this is possible. List of queries are stored in a file. For example, I have to run a query like this: Select * from &XYZ where... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: simhasuri
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while storing sql query value in a variable

Hi, When i execute the below statement , the value is not getting stored in the variable. AnneeExercice=`sqlplus $LOGSQL/$PASSWORDSQL << FIN >> $GEMOLOG/gemo_reprev_reel_data_ventil_$filiale.trc SELECT bi09exercice FROM bi09_scenario WHERE bi09idfiliale=UPPER('de') AND ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending SQL Queries output to different Excel sheets

Hi, I need your help in sedning sql queries output to different excel sheets. My requirement is like this: Query1: Select name from table1 where status = 'Complete' Query2: Select name from table1 where status = 'Failed' Query3: Select name from table1 where status = 'Ignored' ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: parvathi_rd
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql output into a variable

i have to do a check in my UNIX script to see whats saved in the database. depending on whats there will fork data to certain functions. However i do not know how to capture SQL output into a UNIX variable. Below is what i have tried, but i get an error: Error 3706 Failure 3706 Syntax error:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: purplebirky
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help! Paste Multiple SQL output result to exec command

Hi, I want to write the shell script to change multple file name (the file name is get from DB) e.g. cp db1.txt file1_new.txt cp db2.txt file2_new.txt cp db3.txt file3_new.txt I have write the script like this: VAR=`sqlplus -s $LOGON @<<ENDOFTEXT set termout off ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackyntk
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running multiple sql files in unix

In c:/zaheer/123-456/sql/ folder i have below 7 sql files. cv_abc_a.sql cv_abc_b.sql cv_abc_c.sql vtemp_d.sql vtemp_e.sql cv_abc_f.sql Exviews.sql In Exviews.sql file i have mentioned all cv and vtemp files to run like start ${SQLDIR}/cv_abc_a.sql start ${SQLDIR}/cv_abc_b.sql... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple SQL scripts from single SQL Plus connection

Hi! I would like to do a single connection to sqlplus and execute some querys. Actually I do for every query one connection to database i.e echo 'select STATUS from v$instance; exit' > $SQL_FILE sqlplus user/pass@sid @$SQL_FILE > $SELECT_RESULT echo 'select VERSION from v$instance;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guif
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store results of multiple sql queries in shell variables in ksh?

Hi, I have a script where I make a sqlplus connection. In the script I have multiple sql queries within that sqlplus connection. I want the result of the queries to be stored in shell variables declared earlier. I dont want to use procedures. Is there anyway else. Thanks in advance.. Cheers (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonchusirsa
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Multiple UNIX Files for Multiple SQL Rows output

Dear All, I am trying to write a Unix Script which fires a sql query. The output of the sql query gives multiple rows. Each row should be saved in a separate Unix File. The number of rows of sql output can be variable. I am able save all the rows in one file but in separate files. Any... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul_Bhasin
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with storing the output of multiple sql queries to a file

Hi All, I have a file queries.txt as follows : SELECT COLUMN1 FROM SCHEMA2.TABLE1 MINUS SELECT COLUMN1 FROM SCDEMA2.TABLE2; SELECT COLUMN2 FROM SCHEMA2.TABLE1 MINUS SELECT COLUMN2 FROM SCDEMA2.TABLE2; SELECT COLUMN3 FROM SCHEMA2.TABLE1 MINUS SELECT COLUMN3 FROM SCDEMA2.TABLE2; SELECT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SriRamKrish
2 Replies
rlm_sql(5)							 FreeRADIUS Module							rlm_sql(5)

NAME
rlm_sql - FreeRADIUS Module DESCRIPTION
The rlm_sql module provides an SQL interface to retrieve authorization information and store accounting information. It can be used in conjunction with, or in lieu of the files and detail modules. The SQL module has drivers to support the following SQL databases: db2 iodbc mysql oracle postgresql sybase unixodbc Due to the size of the configuration variables, the sql module is usually configured in a separate file, which is included in the main radiusd.conf via an include directive. The main configuration items to be aware of are: driver This variable specifies the driver to be loaded. server login password These specify the servername, username, and password the module will use to connect to the database. radius_db The name of the database where the radius tables are stored. acct_table1 acct_table2 These specify the tables names for accounting records. acct_table1 specifies the table where Start records are stored. acct_table2 specifies the table where Stop records are stored. In most cases, this should be the same table. postauth_table The name of the table to store post-authentication data. authcheck_table authreply_table The tables where individual Check-Items and Reply-Items are stored. groupcheck_table groupreply_table The tables where group Check-Items and Reply-Items are stored. usergroup_table The table where username to group relationships are stored. deletestatlesessions This option is set to 'yes' or 'no'. If you are doing Simultaneous-Use checking, and this is set to yes, stale sessions ( defined as sessions for which a Stop record was not received ) will be cleared. sqltrace sqltracefile These two options are useful for debugging sql problems. If sqltrace is set to yes, then all sql queries being executed are written to the file listed in sqltracefile. This is disabled in normal operation. num_sql_socks The number of sql connections to make to the database. connect_failure_retry_delay The number of seconds to wait before attempting to reconnect to a failed database connection. sql_user_name This is the definition of the SQL-User-Name attribute. This is set once, so that you can use %{SQL-User-Name} in the SQL queries, rather than the nested username substitution. This ensures that Username is parsed consistently for all SQL queries executed. default_user_profile This is the default profile name that will be applied to all users if set. This is not set by default. query_on_not_found This option is set to 'yes' or 'no'. If set to yes, then the default user profile is returned if no specific match was found for the user. authorize_check_query authorize_reply_query These queries are run during the authorization stage to extract the user authorization information from the ${authcheck_table} and ${authreply_table}. authorize_group_check_query authorize_group_reply_query These queries are run during the authorization stage to extract the group authorization information from the ${groupcheck_table} and ${groupreply_table}. accounting_onoff_query The query to be run when receiving an Accounting On or Accounting Off packet. accounting_update_query accounting_update_query_alt The query to be run when receiving an Accounting Update packet. If the primary query fails, the alt query is run. accounting_start_query accounting_start_query_alt The query to be run when receiving an Accounting Start packet. If the primary query fails, the alt query is run. accounting_stop_query accounting_stop_query_alt The query to be run when receiving an Accounting Stop packet. If the primary query fails, the alt query is run. simul_count_query The query to be run to return the number simultaneous sessions for the purposes of limiting Simultaneous Use. simul_verify_query The query to return the detail information needed to confirm that all suspected connected sessions are valid, and are not stale ses- sions. group_membership_query The query to run to check user group membership. postauth_query The query to run during the post-authentication stage. CONFIGURATION
Due to the size of the configuration for this module, it is not included in this manual page. Please review the supplied configuration files for example queries and configuration details. SECTIONS
authorization, accounting, checksimul, post-authentication FILES
/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf, /etc/raddb/sql.conf, /etc/raddb/sql/<DB>/dialup.conf, /etc/raddb/sql/<DB>/schema.sql, SEE ALSO
radiusd(8), radiusd.conf(5), AUTHORS
Chris Parker, cparker@segv.org 5 February 2004 rlm_sql(5)