Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with simple bash script involving a loop Post 302974211 by Aia on Thursday 26th of May 2016 02:20:06 PM
Old 05-26-2016
Code:
awk '{if(p[$2]<$3){p[$2]=$3;c[$2]=$1;}}END{for(i in c){print c[i]}}' example.data

Output:

Code:

This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple script loop question

Hey all. Thanks in advance for any help you can give, hopefully this is an easy one. I want to create a loop to run a simple performance monitor like vmstat and record it to a file, but have very limited scripting skills (obviously). Starting with this... date >> /var/log/perfmon.log vmstat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattlock73
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple bash for loop problem

I'm just trying to make a script that runs in command line to echo each line in a text file. Everything i found on google is telling me to do it like this but when I run it it just echos removethese.txt and thats it. Anyone know what im doing wrong? for i in removethese.txt; do echo $i; done ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple loop in Bash

Hi, I want to do a simple loop where I have one column of text in a file and I want the loop to read each line of the file and do a simple command. The text file will be something like this: hostname1 hostname2 hostname3 hostname4 I am using Bash and have already come up with this to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BrewDudeBob
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple LOOP script help

I am trying to create a simple ksh loop script. What I've pasted below is not working. Any help is appreciated. typeset -i count typeset -i tcount count=0 tcount=0 while $tcount >= 11 do print "\$count is $count" pwd ls -l sleep 30 $(( $tcount = $count + 1 )) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: musikman65
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple script with while loop getting problem

Hello forum memebers. can you correct the simple while program. #! /bin/ksh count=10 while do echo $count count='expr$count-1' done I think it will print 10 to 1 numbers but it running for indefinite times. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple bash script help

Hi to everyone here, I'm a new user and relatively-new linuxer. I'm trying to write a script that checks if every file from a directory is present in a given list and if not, delete it. should be simple. But I think I've done half the work only: this is to create the reference list: for c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dentex
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

a simple for loop in bash and zsh

Hi! I am just starting to learn scripting. I am trying a simple script in bash and zsh I have two questions: First: Why zsh does not expand the var M? What I am doing wrong? localhost galanom # bash -c 'M="m1 m2 m3 m4 m5"; for x in $M; do echo "<$x>"; done' <m1> <m2> <m3> <m4> <m5>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: galanom
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple while loop script to check a connection

Hi, I am completely new to shell scripting. Basically I am wanting to create a simple while loop script to check if a network connection is available from 'netstat -a' and if its present then output a character to the serial port. I think i am nearly there.. but need some assistance.. this is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zippyzip
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Simple script not working- for loop

Hi all, Please guide me writing this script Follwing is the file which I have created, which contains the files to be copied. cat system1-dr.txt /etc/passwd /etc/shadow /etc/group /etc/vfstab /etc/profile /etc/default/init /etc/shells /etc/dfs/dfstab /etc/dfs/sharetab... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
11 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)