Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ambiguos Redirect Error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ambiguos Redirect Error Post 302974177 by mohtashims on Thursday 26th of May 2016 06:10:51 AM
Old 05-26-2016
Java

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Your code snippet doesn't have 7 lines, so I'd be inclined to look for the error somewhere else! Why don't you post the entire script?

In line 3 of your snippet, you seem to want to redirect echo's output to $APP_NAME"_Deploy.cfg". What's this string after expansion?
It is line 3 that is throwing the error instead of line 7 asthe preceding lines in my script are comments.

i am trying to append "_Deploy.cfg" to the filename after $APP_NAME variable.

So if $APP_NAME is "flipkart" my filename should be flipkart_Deploy.cfg

You can use my code snippet to replicate the error on Solaris.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to redirect error message?

Hi, I was trying to cat some files but not all of them exist. I would get some messages like below: cat: cannot open /mil2_usr1/time_logs/investigator/6334 cat: cannot open /mil3_usr1/time_logs/investigator/6334 cat: cannot open /mil3_usr1/time_logs/investigator/6352 I don't want to see... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ping: redirect output and error

Hi, I use this function (now modified with elif) for check if a pc is up: check_pc() { $PING $PC 1 2> /dev/null if ; then check_dir #Other function echo "Begin backup operation for $PC" echo "$SMBTAR -s $PC -u $USER -p $PASS -x $SHARE$EXCL -t - | gzip -c >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbarberis
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirect standard error into log file

Hi, I am new in shell scripting. Can anyone point out what wrong of below script. If I want the error output to "sqlerror.log" and database pool data output to "bulk_main.dat". Right now, the below script, if successful execute, the data will output to bulk_main.dat && sqlerror.log both... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: epall
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How redirect output(error and normal) to 2 different files

Hello, I have a java program which i am calling in shell script. I wanted to redirect output to 2 differetn files. Output should have both 1 & 2 (normal and error) in both file. pls help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] redirect standard error and use it inside

Hi all, Maybe my question is too simple but till now i couldn't figure about a solution :( I have a bash script scheduled in cron: <cron time parameters> my_script.sh > result.log 2>&1 By this way i can have standard output and standard error in my result.log file Now i want my script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pescator
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ambiguous output redirect error

Hi everyone, While I was trying to do DATE=`date +"%Y%m%d_%H%M%S"` STARTLOG=$TUXSTDDIR/start_$DATE.log tmboot -y > $STARTLOG 2>&1 I got an error i.e. Ambiguous output redirect error. Here the first part is to boot the account so there is nothing wrong with that.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect Output and Error in 2 different files

hi, i want to redirect my output & error if generated to two different files. I have written the code for redirecting the output, i dnt have ne idea how to go abt it for errors. I tried spooling which was given in one of the threads on this forum.But it didn't work.The script i wrote as a lot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankimmehta
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ambiguous redirect error

This script has ambiguous redirect error. ... cd $HOME cd folder/work # search all subfolders in work directory find -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type d | while read directory do CUR_FOLDER="${directory#"./"}" cd $CUR_FOLDER chmod 644 * for ff in *; do if ; then ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: candyme
5 Replies

9. Linux

Ambiguous redirect error and syntax error when using on multiple files

Hi, I need help on following linux bash script. When I linux commands for loop or while loop on individual file it runs great. but now I want the script to run on N number of files so it gives me ambiguous redirect error on line 12 and syntax error on line 22 : (pls help ); #!/bin/bash #... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhusudan Das
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve ambigious redirect error?

hi all, i had the below script filename = /osa/data1/output.txt printf '%27s%53s\n' ' CURRENT DATE' 26-08-2014 >> $filename iam getting the ambigiuos redirect error in the 2nd line of the code...please guide me regards, vasa saikumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
3 Replies
HOBBITCGI.CFG(5)						File Formats Manual						  HOBBITCGI.CFG(5)

NAME
hobbitcgi.cfg - Command-line parameters for the Xymon CGI tools SYNOPSIS
$BBHOME/etc/hobbitcgi.cfg DESCRIPTION
hobbitcgi.cfg(1) controls the commandline options passed to all of the Xymon CGI tools through their respective shell-script wrappers. Typ- ically the options listed here are used for system-wide configuration of the CGI utilities, e.g. to define where they read configuration files. The exact set of commandline options available are described in the man-page for each of the CGI utilities. The file is "sourced" into the shell script wrapper, so assignments to the CGI-specific variables must follow standard shell-script syntax. SETTINGS
CGI_ACKINFO_OPTS Options for the hobbit-ackinfo.cgi(1) utility. CGI_ACK_OPTS Options for the bb-ack.cgi(1) utility. CGI_CSVINFO_OPTS Options for the bb-csvinfo.cgi(1) utility. CGI_DATEPAGE_OPTS Options for the bb-datepage.cgi(1) utility. CGI_ENADIS_OPTS Options for the hobbit-enadis.cgi(8) utility. CGI_EVENTLOG_OPTS Options for the bb-eventlog.cgi(1) utility. CGI_FINDHOST_OPTS Options for the bb-findhost.cgi(1) utility. CGI_HIST_OPTS Options for the bb-hist.cgi(1) utility. CGI_HOBBITCOLUMN_OPTS Xymon-specific options for column documentation. This uses the bb-csvinfo.cgi(1) utility with the server/etc/columndoc.cfg configu- ration file. CGI_HOBBITCONFREPORT_OPTS Options for the hobbit-confreport.cgi(1) utility. CGI_HOBBITGRAPH_OPTS Options for the hobbitgraph.cgi(1) utility. CGI_HOSTGRAPHS_OPTS Options for the hobbit-hostgraphs.cgi(1) utility. CGI_NKEDIT_OPTS Options for the hobbit-nkedit.cgi(1) utility. CGI_NKVIEW_OPTS Options for the hobbit-nkview.cgi(1) utility. CGI_REPLOG_OPTS Options for the bb-replog.cgi(1) utility. CGI_REP_OPTS Options for the bb-rep.cgi(1) utility. CGI_SNAPSHOT_OPTS Options for the bb-snapshot.cgi(1) utility. CGI_SVCHIST_OPTS Options for the hobbitsvc.cgi(1) utility when used to view historical logs. Note that the "--historical" option must be included in this setting. CGI_SVC_OPTS Options for the hobbitsvc.cgi(1) utility. SEE ALSO
xymon(7), the individual CGI utility man-pages. Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 HOBBITCGI.CFG(5)