Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Replace string and create new file multiple times Post 302974108 by Corona688 on Wednesday 25th of May 2016 03:27:00 PM
Old 05-25-2016
It generates a filename dynamically, based on the input filename. Or are you saying each input file creates 300 output files?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append some text to a file multiple times

Hi, I have a text file like Version=abc Tab=1 URL GOTO=www.abc.com/board=1 some text... I want to run a loop x no of times and append to the text file above text but URL GOTO should be www.abc.com/board=2 then 3,4...etc till x. Kindly help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krabu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a single line/string in file with multiple lines (string) from another file??

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: Say file1.txt contains: today is monday the 22 of NOVEMBER 2010 and file2.txt contains: the 11th month of How do i replace the word NOVEMBER with (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuathan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace a string with contents of a txt file containing multiple lines of strings

Hello everyone, ive been trying to replace a string "kw01" in an xml file with the contents of a txt file having multiple lines. im a unix newbie and all the sed combinations i tried resulted to being garbled. Below is the contents of the txt file: RAISEDATTIME --------------------... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find string multiple times, same line

Hi everybody, Fairly simple question here: I need an awk, sed, or grep command that will find the same string multiple times on one line needs to return all lines which contain .02 twice. I do know the exact number of characters in between the two occurrences of .02 if that helps, all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrosecl
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a string in file with multiple lines (string) from variable

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: a=$(echo -e wert trewt ertert ertert ertert erttert erterte rterter tertertert ert) How do i replace the STRING with $a? I try this: sed -i 's/STRING/'"$a"'/g' filename.ext but this don' t work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jforce
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find & replace a multiple lines string across multiple php files and subdirectories

Hey guys. I know pratically 0 about Linux, so could anyone please give me instructions on how to accomplish this ? The distro is RedHat 4.1.2 and i need to find and replace a multiple lines string in several php files across subdirectories. So lets say im at root/dir1/dir2/ , when i execute... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: spfc_dmt
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check if the same file exists multiple times?

Hi Team , Is there a way I can check to see if the same file say , test.dat exists multiple times in the directory path ? Please help. Thanks Megha (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed replace using same pattern repeating multiple times in a line

Sed replace using same pattern repeating multiple times in a line I have text like below in a file: I am trying to replace the above line to following How can I acheive this? I am able to do it if the occurrence is for 1 time: But If I try like below I am getting like this: I have to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Wanted to replace string in an .xlsx file in multiple ZIP Files

Hi , I am having a ZIP file containing an .xlsx file . Now i wanted to replace "GJ" to blank in the .xlsx file . I tried using the below code but not working , Please guide : #!/bin/bash log="/home/srikant/scripts/replacescriptFHO.log" date > $log echo "" >> $log echo initiating for FHO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipinmaster
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace one value which occurs multiple times

Hi, My Input File : "MN.1.2.1.2.14.1.1" := "MN_13_TM_4" ( 000000110110100100110001111110110110101110101001100111110100011010110111001 ) "MOS.1.2.1.2.13.6.2" := "MOS_13_TM_4" ( 000000110110100100110001111110110110101110101001100111110100011010110111001 ) Like above template,I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti Chandra
4 Replies
tgatoppm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       tgatoppm(1)

NAME
tgatoppm - convert TrueVision Targa file into a portable pixmap SYNOPSIS
tgatoppm [--alphaout={alpha-filename,-}] [--headerdump] tga-filename DESCRIPTION
Reads a TrueVision Targa file as input. Produces a portable pixmap as output. OPTIONS
--alphaout=alpha-filename tgatoppm creates a PGM (portable graymap) file containing the alpha channel values in the input image. If the input image doesn't contain an alpha channel, the alpha-filename file contains all zero (transparent) alpha values. If you don't specify --alphaout, tgatoppm does not generate an alpha file, and if the input image has an alpha channel, tgatoppm simply discards it. If you specify - as the filename, tgatoppm writes the alpha output to Standard Output and discards the image. See pnmcomp(1) for one way to use the alpha output file. --headerdump Causes the header information to be dumped to stderr. All options can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. Should really be in PNM, not PPM. SEE ALSO
ppmtotga(1), pnmcomp(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Partially based on tga2rast, version 1.0, by Ian J. MacPhedran. Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 April 2000 tgatoppm(1)