Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get a variables from two different txt files and need to run a command using that values? Post 302974107 by Corona688 on Wednesday 25th of May 2016 03:25:18 PM
Old 05-25-2016
Code:
# for space-separated file
while read NODE PORT UID PWD
do
done < datafile

# for comma separated file
while IFS="," read NODE PORT UID PWD
do
done < datafile

#etc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

list files .txt and .TXT in one command

Dear experts, In a directory i have both *.TXT and *.txt files. I have a script- for file in `ls *.txt`; do mv $file /tmp/$file How to list both *.txt and*.TXT file in one command so that script will move both .txt or .TXT whatever it find. br//purple (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to list .txt and .TXT file

Hi expersts, in my directory i have *.txt and *.TXT and *.TXT.log, *.txt.log I want list only .txt and .TXT files in one command... how to ?? //purple (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thepurple
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trouble using read to store values in variables from command output

I know there are caveats about using read in pipelines because read is treated by a subshell. I know this but I can't think of any way to accomplish this regardless, I'm still a rookie. I hope somebody will be able to interpret what it is that I'm trying to accomplish and correct me. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProGrammar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run a command on all txt files present in a dir structure

Hi, I have a directory structure like the one given below root\a\b1 root\a\b2 root\b\b1 root\b\b2 . . . root\j\b1 root\j\b2 Now, there are a txt files in each dir and subdir, there is a root.txt I have to write a script where in i have to run a command called "genrb <filename>"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikramsinghnegi
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rusty with cp command -- how to cp all .doc files with .txt extension

I'm rusty with cp, so I was wondering: is it possible to cp all the .doc files in a folder and make them .txt files? Can you use cp to do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run command + compare values and post a warning message.

Hi all, I am trying to create shell script to run command then compare values with rule set for every 5 seconds and post a warning message if the compared value meet the rules. -the script is related to Oracle/Sun product messaging server 6.2 1) command that need to be run to gather... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read record from the text file contain multiple separated values & assign those values to variables

I have a file containing multiple values, some of them are pipe separated which are to be read as separate values and some of them are single value all are these need to store in variables. I need to read this file which is an input to my script Config.txt file name, first path, second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and compare values from different txt files

Hello, i am new in Bash. Actually i have a directory : /home/resultfiles and inside i have these txt files: 531_1.out.res, 531_2.out.res , 531_3.out.res 532_1.out.res, 532_2.out.res , 532_3.out.res 533_1.out.res, 533_2.out.res, 533_3.out.res All these txt files has this format : num_q all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimpoura
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read in Multiple log files and output selected variables and values to cvs file

I have several problems with my problems: I hope you can help me. 1) the If else statement I am getting an error message. My syntax must be incorrect because the entire statement is throwing an error. For example in filew.log if these items don't exist Memsize, SASFoundation and also if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in txt file and run a different command for each line

hi, i'm trying to write a tcsh script that reads in a text file (one column) and the runs a different command for each line of text. i've found lots of example commands for bash, but not for tcsh. can anyone give me a hint? thanks, jill (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: giuinha
8 Replies
machid(1)							   User Commands							 machid(1)

NAME
machid, sun, iAPX286, i286, i386, i486, i860, pdp11, sparc, u3b, u3b2, u3b5, u3b15, vax, u370 - get processor type truth value SYNOPSIS
sun iAPX286 i386 pdp11 sparc u3b u3b2 u3b5 u3b15 vax u370 DESCRIPTION
The following commands will return a true value (exit code of 0) if you are using an instruction set that the command name indicates. sun True if you are on a Sun system. iAPX286 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX286 processor. i386 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX386 processor. pdp11 True if you are on a PDP-11/45tm or PDP-11/70tm. sparc True if you are on a computer using a SPARC-family processor. u3b True if you are on a 3B20 computer. u3b2 True if you are on a 3B2 computer. u3b5 True if you are on a 3B5 computer. u3b15 True if you are on a 3B15 computer. vax True if you are on a VAX-11/750tm or VAX-11/780tm. u370 True if you are on an IBM(R) System/370tm computer. The commands that do not apply will return a false (non-zero) value. These commands are often used within makefiles (see make(1S)) and shell scripts (see sh(1)) to increase portability. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
make(1S), sh(1), test(1), true(1), uname(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The machid family of commands is obsolete. Use uname -p and uname -m instead. SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 machid(1)