Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Replace string and create new file multiple times Post 302974076 by Corona688 on Wednesday 25th of May 2016 12:26:13 PM
Old 05-25-2016
To be honest, these 300 lists sound like something that could be replaced with a single script, if you could tell us what you're actually trying to do.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append some text to a file multiple times

Hi, I have a text file like Version=abc Tab=1 URL GOTO=www.abc.com/board=1 some text... I want to run a loop x no of times and append to the text file above text but URL GOTO should be www.abc.com/board=2 then 3,4...etc till x. Kindly help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krabu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a single line/string in file with multiple lines (string) from another file??

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: Say file1.txt contains: today is monday the 22 of NOVEMBER 2010 and file2.txt contains: the 11th month of How do i replace the word NOVEMBER with (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuathan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace a string with contents of a txt file containing multiple lines of strings

Hello everyone, ive been trying to replace a string "kw01" in an xml file with the contents of a txt file having multiple lines. im a unix newbie and all the sed combinations i tried resulted to being garbled. Below is the contents of the txt file: RAISEDATTIME --------------------... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find string multiple times, same line

Hi everybody, Fairly simple question here: I need an awk, sed, or grep command that will find the same string multiple times on one line needs to return all lines which contain .02 twice. I do know the exact number of characters in between the two occurrences of .02 if that helps, all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrosecl
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a string in file with multiple lines (string) from variable

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: a=$(echo -e wert trewt ertert ertert ertert erttert erterte rterter tertertert ert) How do i replace the STRING with $a? I try this: sed -i 's/STRING/'"$a"'/g' filename.ext but this don' t work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jforce
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find & replace a multiple lines string across multiple php files and subdirectories

Hey guys. I know pratically 0 about Linux, so could anyone please give me instructions on how to accomplish this ? The distro is RedHat 4.1.2 and i need to find and replace a multiple lines string in several php files across subdirectories. So lets say im at root/dir1/dir2/ , when i execute... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: spfc_dmt
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check if the same file exists multiple times?

Hi Team , Is there a way I can check to see if the same file say , test.dat exists multiple times in the directory path ? Please help. Thanks Megha (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed replace using same pattern repeating multiple times in a line

Sed replace using same pattern repeating multiple times in a line I have text like below in a file: I am trying to replace the above line to following How can I acheive this? I am able to do it if the occurrence is for 1 time: But If I try like below I am getting like this: I have to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Wanted to replace string in an .xlsx file in multiple ZIP Files

Hi , I am having a ZIP file containing an .xlsx file . Now i wanted to replace "GJ" to blank in the .xlsx file . I tried using the below code but not working , Please guide : #!/bin/bash log="/home/srikant/scripts/replacescriptFHO.log" date > $log echo "" >> $log echo initiating for FHO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipinmaster
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace one value which occurs multiple times

Hi, My Input File : "MN.1.2.1.2.14.1.1" := "MN_13_TM_4" ( 000000110110100100110001111110110110101110101001100111110100011010110111001 ) "MOS.1.2.1.2.13.6.2" := "MOS_13_TM_4" ( 000000110110100100110001111110110110101110101001100111110100011010110111001 ) Like above template,I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti Chandra
4 Replies
MIXER(1)						  The Canonical Csound Reference						  MIXER(1)

NAME
mixer - Mixes together a number of soundfiles. . DESCRIPTION
Mixes together a number of soundfiles, starting at different times and with individual channel selection from the input files. SYNTAX
mixer [OPTIONS ... ] infile [[OPTIONS... ] infile] ... INITIALIZATION
Flags: o -A = Generate an AIFF output file. o -W = Generate an WAV output file. o -h = Generate an output file with no header. o -c = Generate 8-bit signed_char sound samples. o -a = Generate alaw sound samples. o -u = Generate ulaw sound samples. o -s = Generate short integer sound samples. o -l = Generate long (32 bit) integer sound samples. o -f = Generate floating point samples. o -F arg = Specifies the gain to be applied to the following input file. If arg is a floating point number that gain is applied uniformly to the input. Alternatively it could be a file name which specifies a breakpoint file for varying the gain for different periods. o -S integer = Indicate at which sample to start to mix in the next input file. o -T fpnum = Indicate at which time (in seconds) to start to mix in the next input file. o -1 = Mix in channel 1 from next sound file. o -2 = Mix in channel 2 from next sound file. o -3 = Mix in channel 3 from next sound file. o -4 = Mix in channel 4 from next sound file. o -^ intx inty = Mix in channel x from next sound file as channel y in the output. o -v = Verbose mode. o -R = Continually rewrite the header while writing soundfile (WAV/AIFF). o -H integer = Show a "heart-beat" to indicate progress, in style 1, 2 or 3. o -N = Alert call (usually ringing the bell) when finished. o -o fname = output file name (default: test.wav) EXAMPLES
The default values are mixer -s -otest -F 1.0 -S 0 For example mixer -F 0.96 in1.wav -S 300 -2 in2.aiff -S 300 -^4 1 in3.wav -o out.wav This creates a new sound file with a constant gain of 0.96 from in1.wav with the second channel of in2.aiff mixed in after 300 samples and channel 4 of in3.wav outpout as channel 1 after 300 samples. CREDITS
Author: John ffitch 1994 AUTHORS
Barry Vercoe MIT Media Lab Author. Dan Ellis MIT Media Lab, Cambridge Massachussetts Author. COPYRIGHT
5.10 08/01/2011 MIXER(1)