Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Virtual Switch in Solaris LDOM Post 302974065 by Peasant on Wednesday 25th of May 2016 10:59:00 AM
Old 05-25-2016
I don't see a point in such setup not involving multiple network ports for bandwidth and failover.
Why would you have a server with multiple network ports and use one port for all your virtual machines ?

Aggregation is supported on vsw (vsw on top of aggr created interface).
With vlan tagging you could create multiple aggr interfaces with increased bandwidth and reliability hardware wise.

Also, a version of your operating system, ldom software and switch type would greatly help when initially asking help.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Installing Solaris into LDom using DVD

Hi, I have issues installing Solaris into a LDom using a Solaris10u5/08 DVD. I have been troubleshooting for the past 2 days and I still cannot get it up. Here is the logs: root@eld-app2# ldm add-vdsdev /cdrom/sol_10_508_sparc/s0 cdrom0@primary-vds0 root@eld-app2# ldm add-vdisk cdrom0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bolasutra
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

3. Solaris

ZFS LDOM problem on Solaris 10

Apologies if this is the wrong forum.. I have some LDOMs running on a Sparc server. I copied the disk0 file from one chassis over to another, stopped the ldom on the source system and started it on the 2nd one. All fine. Shut it down and flipped back. We then did a fair bit of work on the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tommyq
4 Replies

4. Solaris

How can I install Solaris 10 on an LDom using an iso?

Hello, I am trying to install Solaris 10 on a newly created LDom. Here are the commands I ran to create the LDom: ldm add-domain ldg2 ldm add-vcpu 8 ldg2 ldm add-memory 2g ldg2 ldm add-vnet vnet2 primary-vsw0 ldg2 ldm add-vdsdev /dev/dsk/c0t5000CCA01535E20Cd0s0 vol2@primary-vds0 ldm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Virtual disks are not showing up in LDom

I have an Oracle VM set up with 1 virtual disk. I am trying to add 2 new disks to it. I was able to successfully add 1 (it appears when I run "format" in the VM) but when I add the second and third disks they do not appear in my VM. Here are the commands I ran: ldm add-vdsdev... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unblockable
3 Replies

6. Solaris

LDOM Solaris 11 add Network vsw (Virtual switch)

hello, I have a problem when configuring the network at the LDOM level, on a SPARC-Enterprise-T5120 machine The network goes through VLAN 503 (level, network tagget) And I need to give network to the guest domain: madarrwebsol10 I hope someone can bring some light .... Excuse my English ... ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wittman
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a virtual switch from 2x10g card to 4 Ldoms?

Hello Guys, Can some help me with a configuration from 2x10g cards to 4 Ldoms and a Vlan configuration, Solaris 11 dladm show-phys LINK MEDIA STATE SPEED DUPLEX DEVICE net0 Ethernet up 1000 full ixgbe0 net1 Ethernet ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roly
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris LDOM IP conflict

I have a Sun T4-1 running Solaris 11.4 with a static IP 192.168.0.183. On this machine is a Solaris 10 LDOM with a static IP of 192.168.0.78. The other day I had to stop the LDOM to do a memory reconfigure. When I rebooted it I got an error that the IP 192.168.0.78 was already in use and so... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
4 Replies
LAGG(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   LAGG(4)

NAME
lagg -- link aggregation and link failover interface SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device lagg Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_lagg_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The lagg interface allows aggregation of multiple network interfaces as one virtual lagg interface for the purpose of providing fault-toler- ance and high-speed links. A lagg interface can be created using the ifconfig laggN create command. It can use different link aggregation protocols specified using the laggproto proto option. Child interfaces can be added using the laggport child-iface option and removed using the -laggport child-iface option. The driver currently supports the aggregation protocols failover (the default), fec, lacp, loadbalance, roundrobin, and none. The protocols determine which ports are used for outgoing traffic and whether a specific port accepts incoming traffic. The interface link state is used to validate if the port is active or not. failover Sends traffic only through the active port. If the master port becomes unavailable, the next active port is used. The first interface added is the master port; any interfaces added after that are used as failover devices. By default, received traffic is only accepted when they are received through the active port. This constraint can be relaxed by setting the net.link.lagg.failover_rx_all sysctl(8) variable to a nonzero value, which is useful for certain bridged network setups. fec Supports Cisco EtherChannel. This is a static setup and does not negotiate aggregation with the peer or exchange frames to mon- itor the link. lacp Supports the IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and the Marker Protocol. LACP will negotiate a set of aggre- gable links with the peer in to one or more Link Aggregated Groups. Each LAG is composed of ports of the same speed, set to full-duplex operation. The traffic will be balanced across the ports in the LAG with the greatest total speed, in most cases there will only be one LAG which contains all ports. In the event of changes in physical connectivity, Link Aggregation will quickly converge to a new configuration. loadbalance Balances outgoing traffic across the active ports based on hashed protocol header information and accepts incoming traffic from any active port. This is a static setup and does not negotiate aggregation with the peer or exchange frames to monitor the link. The hash includes the Ethernet source and destination address, and, if available, the VLAN tag, and the IP source and destination address. roundrobin Distributes outgoing traffic using a round-robin scheduler through all active ports and accepts incoming traffic from any active port. none This protocol is intended to do nothing: it disables any traffic without disabling the lagg interface itself. Each lagg interface is created at runtime using interface cloning. This is most easily done with the ifconfig(8) create command or using the cloned_interfaces variable in rc.conf(5). The MTU of the first interface to be added is used as the lagg MTU. All additional interfaces are required to have exactly the same value. EXAMPLES
Create a 802.3ad link aggregation using LACP with two bge(4) Gigabit Ethernet interfaces: # ifconfig bge0 up # ifconfig bge1 up # ifconfig lagg0 laggproto lacp laggport bge0 laggport bge1 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 The following example uses an active failover interface to set up roaming between wired and wireless networks using two network devices. Whenever the wired master interface is unplugged, the wireless failover device will be used: # ifconfig em0 up # ifconfig ath0 ether 00:11:22:33:44:55 # ifconfig create wlan0 wlandev ath0 ssid my_net up # ifconfig lagg0 laggproto failover laggport em0 laggport wlan0 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 (Note the mac address of the wireless device is forced to match the wired device as a workaround.) SEE ALSO
ng_fec(4), ng_one2many(4), sysctl(8), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The lagg device first appeared in FreeBSD 6.3. AUTHORS
The lagg driver was written under the name trunk by Reyk Floeter <reyk@openbsd.org>. The LACP implementation was written by YAMAMOTO Takashi for NetBSD. BUGS
There is no way to configure LACP administrative variables, including system and port priorities. The current implementation always performs active-mode LACP and uses 0x8000 as system and port priorities. BSD
October 18, 2010 BSD