Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unusual output of sed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unusual output of sed Post 302973968 by adispi on Tuesday 24th of May 2016 01:57:56 PM
Old 05-24-2016
i am still getting some unexpected results:

<span style="backgr
ound-color:green;font-weight:bold;">OK</span>

<span style="background-color:green;font-weight:bold;">OK</spa>

i cannot understand what they have in common or why my results give me weird printing but only on one or 2 lines...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting an unusual file

Hi everyone, I was doing some practising with Unix and accidentally created a file with the name -------------------- Yeah, it was UNINTENTIONALLY. I tried removing it various ways like rm '--------------' rm '-.*' and all other sorts, but Unix keeps detecting that as an option stuff... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scmay
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

somewhat unusual top output problem

i'm a relative newbie to unix (i'm on OSX) and i have a specific problem i'm tripped up on: i'm piping the output of top (in log format) into an awk command which formats the information (and eventually will send it out continuously via udp/osc to another app). my problem is with what comes up... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ohhmyhead
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unusual function refrences

I'm wrting a program which needs to get the following information of a sever by calling some lib fuctions or system calls, so can anybody help to tell me those function names or where I can find the description of them ? CPU usage Memory usage Load procs per min Swap usage Page I/O Net I/O... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xbjxbj
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

very unusual question about while

is there anyway to make while run a command faster than per second? timed=60 while do command sleep 1 done i need something that can run a script for me more than one time in one second. can someone help me out here? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
3 Replies

5. Programming

C Calender Help - Unusual error

I'm making a program that you input the month and year, and it creates a calender for that month of that year. This is my largest project yet, and I broke it up into several source files. cal.c #include "cal.h" #include <stdio.h> main() { int month, year; scanf("%d %d", &month,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Octal
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED: Can't Repeat Search Character in SED Output

I'm not sure if the problem I'm seeing is an artifact of sed or simply a beginner's mistake. Here's the problem: I want to add a zero-width space following each underscore between XML tags. For example, if I had the following xml: <MY_BIG_TAG>This_is_a_test</MY_BIG_TAG> It should look like... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhetoric101
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unusual Problem

what is wrong with the below script: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/bash echo "Setting JrePath..." grep -w "export JrePath" /etc/profile Export_Status=$? if echo "JrePath declared" elif echo "JrePath not declared" echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Unusual Behavior?

Our comp-operator has come across a peculiar ‘feature'. We have this directory where we save all the reports that were generated for a particular department for only one calendar year. Currently there are 45,869 files. When the operator tried to backup that drive it started to print a flie-listing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vslewis
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Unusual system bog down

Solaris 10 10/09 s10s_u8wos_08a SPARC 16cpus 128MB, uptime 150+ days, 2 db zones (Oracle 9 & 10), 3 application zones. This is from a system that was literally crawling, 60 seconds to execute a single command. I had to reboot to clear it. Data is from runs of prstat and top, and iostat. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jim mcnamara
3 Replies
MIME::Parser::Results(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  MIME::Parser::Results(3)

NAME
MIME::Parser::Results - results of the last entity parsed SYNOPSIS
Before reading further, you should see MIME::Parser to make sure that you understand where this module fits into the grand scheme of things. Go on, do it now. I'll wait. Ready? Ok... ### Do parse, get results: my $entity = eval { $parser->parse(*STDIN); }; my $results = $parser->results; ### Get all messages logged: @msgs = $results->msgs; ### Get messages of specific types (also tests if there were problems): $had_errors = $results->errors; $had_warnings = $results->warnings; ### Get outermost header: $top_head = $results->top_head; DESCRIPTION
Results from the last MIME::Parser parse. PUBLIC INTERFACE
new Constructor. msgs Instance method. Return all messages that we logged, in order. Every message is a string beginning with its type followed by ": "; the current types are "debug", "warning", and "error". errors Instance method. Return all error messages that we logged, in order. A convenience front-end onto msgs(). warnings Instance method. Return all warning messages that we logged, in order. A convenience front-end onto msgs(). top_head Instance method. Return the topmost header, if we were able to read it. This may be useful if the parse fails. SEE ALSO
MIME::Tools, MIME::Parser AUTHOR
Eryq (eryq@zeegee.com), ZeeGee Software Inc (http://www.zeegee.com). All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2008-06-30 MIME::Parser::Results(3)