Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unusual output of sed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unusual output of sed Post 302973950 by neutronscott on Tuesday 24th of May 2016 10:09:55 AM
Old 05-24-2016
Looks like your quoting is a bit crazy. This works and is easier to read:

Code:
echo "$consumable" | sed 's#OK.#<span style="background-color:green;font-weight:bold;">OK</span>#g'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting an unusual file

Hi everyone, I was doing some practising with Unix and accidentally created a file with the name -------------------- Yeah, it was UNINTENTIONALLY. I tried removing it various ways like rm '--------------' rm '-.*' and all other sorts, but Unix keeps detecting that as an option stuff... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scmay
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

somewhat unusual top output problem

i'm a relative newbie to unix (i'm on OSX) and i have a specific problem i'm tripped up on: i'm piping the output of top (in log format) into an awk command which formats the information (and eventually will send it out continuously via udp/osc to another app). my problem is with what comes up... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ohhmyhead
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unusual function refrences

I'm wrting a program which needs to get the following information of a sever by calling some lib fuctions or system calls, so can anybody help to tell me those function names or where I can find the description of them ? CPU usage Memory usage Load procs per min Swap usage Page I/O Net I/O... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xbjxbj
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

very unusual question about while

is there anyway to make while run a command faster than per second? timed=60 while do command sleep 1 done i need something that can run a script for me more than one time in one second. can someone help me out here? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
3 Replies

5. Programming

C Calender Help - Unusual error

I'm making a program that you input the month and year, and it creates a calender for that month of that year. This is my largest project yet, and I broke it up into several source files. cal.c #include "cal.h" #include <stdio.h> main() { int month, year; scanf("%d %d", &month,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Octal
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED: Can't Repeat Search Character in SED Output

I'm not sure if the problem I'm seeing is an artifact of sed or simply a beginner's mistake. Here's the problem: I want to add a zero-width space following each underscore between XML tags. For example, if I had the following xml: <MY_BIG_TAG>This_is_a_test</MY_BIG_TAG> It should look like... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhetoric101
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unusual Problem

what is wrong with the below script: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/bash echo "Setting JrePath..." grep -w "export JrePath" /etc/profile Export_Status=$? if echo "JrePath declared" elif echo "JrePath not declared" echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Unusual Behavior?

Our comp-operator has come across a peculiar ‘feature'. We have this directory where we save all the reports that were generated for a particular department for only one calendar year. Currently there are 45,869 files. When the operator tried to backup that drive it started to print a flie-listing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vslewis
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Unusual system bog down

Solaris 10 10/09 s10s_u8wos_08a SPARC 16cpus 128MB, uptime 150+ days, 2 db zones (Oracle 9 & 10), 3 application zones. This is from a system that was literally crawling, 60 seconds to execute a single command. I had to reboot to clear it. Data is from runs of prstat and top, and iostat. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jim mcnamara
3 Replies
Test::BDD::Cucumber::Model::TagSpec(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  Test::BDD::Cucumber::Model::TagSpec(3pm)

NAME
Test::BDD::Cucumber::Model::TagSpec - Encapsulates tag selectors VERSION
version 0.11 DESCRIPTION
Try and deal with the crazy-sauce tagging mechanism in a sane way. OVERVIEW
Cucumber tags are all sortsa crazy. This appears to be a direct result of trying to shoe-horn the syntax in to something you can use on the command line. Because 'Cucumber' is the name of a gem, application, language, methodology etc etc etc look of disapproval. Here is some further reading on how it's meant to work: <https://github.com/cucumber/cucumber/wiki/Tags>. This is obviously a little insane. Here's how they work here, on a code level: You pass in a list of lists that look like Lisp expressions, with a function: "and", "or", or "not". You can nest these to infinite complexity, but the parser is pretty inefficient, so don't do that. The "not" function accepts only one argument. eg: @important AND @billing: "[and =" 'important', 'billing']> (@billing OR @WIP) AND @important: "[ and =" [ or => 'billing', 'wip' ], 'important' ]> Skipping both @todo and @wip tags: "[ and =" [ not => 'todo' ], [ not => 'wip' ] ]> ATTRIBUTES
tags An arrayref representing a structure like the above. TagSet->new({ tags => [ and => 'green', 'blue', [ or => 'red', 'yellow' ], [ not => 'white' ] ] }) METHODS
filter Filter a list of Scenarios by the value of "tags" my @matched = $tagset->filter( @scenarios ); If "tags" is empty, no filtering is done. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-20 Test::BDD::Cucumber::Model::TagSpec(3pm)