Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change the write in file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change the write in file Post 302973940 by boudake on Tuesday 24th of May 2016 09:55:54 AM
Old 05-24-2016
Hello RavinderSingh1,

Thanks you very much but Some time we have not the word before the [log]. could you please to do it with only the kew word [Log]

---------- Post updated at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:25 AM ----------

Input file :
Code:
Info : [Log] etstst trerer
tetststsss
Warning : [Log] informatopnn
eysysysysys
rererererer
Error : [Log] this is an error log 
with information in many phrases 
[Log] this is anererer
rerererere

what I need in output file:

Code:
Info : [Log] etstst trerer tetststsss
Warning : [Log] informatopnn eysysysysys
Error : [Log] this is an error log with information in many phrases
[Log] this is anererer rerererere.

I want just to use the keywork [Log] to write all the information from multiple line to one line.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 05-24-2016 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: Add CODE and ICODE tags again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search change write

i="1" while do k=`expr $i + 1` sed -e 's/"$i"/"$k"/' < somefile1.txt >> somefile2.txt i=`expr $i + 1` done ive been trying to : 1 from a file containing numbers in a row divided with correct number of 2 spaces to find the corresponding one 2 change the value 3 and append... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trilicno
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search change write

i="1" while do k=`expr $i + 1` sed -e 's/"$i"/"$k"/' < somefile1.txt >> somefile2.txt i=`expr $i + 1` done ive been trying to : 1 from a file containing numbers in a row divided with correct number of spaces to find the corresponding one 2 change the value 3 and append... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trilicno
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write script to change email address

we have 4000 html pages that need an email address changed. eg) company@yahoo.com to company@hotmail.com we only want the file modified date to be changed when there has been a change to the file. Should I be using grep? I fairly new to UNIX and was told to using something like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mchelle_99
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required to write shell script to change passwd

Hi All, I wanted to write a shell script which will change the expired passwd in oracle. Here is below what I am trying, #!/bin/sh set -x ORACLE_HOME="/optware/oracle/9.2.0.2_64" SQLPLUS="${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus" PASS="xyz" PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

7. Hardware

Hardware Correction: How to change DVD write speed

I am now on Kernel 2.6.32-26 For me 16x CD write speed is okay. I have old hardware which was able to write DVDs at 1x, back in previous linux version. Now, I dont get speed of less than 4x. Tested on k3b, xfburn, and brasero. But all start at bottom 4x write speed. k3b forced back to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: makh
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to search a particular String form a file a write to another file using perl script

I have file which contains a huge amount of data. I need to search the pattern Message id. When that pattern is matched I need to get abcdeff0-1g6g-91g3-1z2z-2mm605m90000 to another file. Kindly provide your input. File is like below Jan 11 04:05:10 linux100 |NOTICE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raysf
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies
Catalyst::Plugin::Log::Dispatch(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Catalyst::Plugin::Log::Dispatch(3pm)

NAME
Catalyst::Plugin::Log::Dispatch - Log module of Catalyst that uses Log::Dispatch VERSION
This document describes Catalyst::Plugin::Log::Dispatch version 2.15 SYNOPSIS
package MyApp; use Catalyst qw/Log::Dispatch/; configuration in source code MyApp->config->{ Log::Dispatch } = [ { class => 'File', name => 'file', min_level => 'debug', filename => MyApp->path_to('debug.log'), format => '[%p] %m %n', }]; in myapp.yml Log::Dispatch: - class: File name: file min_level: debug filename: __path_to(debug.log)__ mode: append format: '[%p] %m %n' If you use Catalyst::Plugin::ConfigLoader, please load this module after Catalyst::Plugin::ConfigLoader. DESCRIPTION
Catalyst::Plugin::Log::Dispatch is a plugin to use Log::Dispatch from Catalyst. CONFIGURATION
It is same as the configuration of Log::Dispatch excluding "class" and "format". class The class name to Log::Dispatch::* object. Please specify the name just after "Log::Dispatch::" of the class name. format It is the same as the format option of Log::Dispatch::Config. DEPENDENCIES
Catalyst, Log::Dispatch, Log::Dispatch::Config AUTHOR
Shota Takayama "<shot[at]bindstorm.jp>" LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006, Shota Takayama "<shot[at]bindstorm.jp>". All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-15 Catalyst::Plugin::Log::Dispatch(3pm)