Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pivot data using awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pivot data using awk Post 302973675 by RavinderSingh13 on Friday 20th of May 2016 02:04:35 AM
Old 05-20-2016
Hello dineshaila,

Following may help you in same.
Code:
awk -F"|" '                                                          ##### Setting up the field seprator to pipe(|) as per your Input_file.
{ o[$2 FS $3]=1; p[$2 FS $3 FS $1]=1; }                              ##### creating an array named o whose index is $2 and $3 whose value is 1 and an another array whose name is p with indexs $2, $3 and $1 and value is 1.
END {                                                                ##### END section starts here.
   t="SCHEMA|TABLE|SELECT|INSERT|UPDATE|DELETE|REFERENCES"           ##### mentioning a variable t whose value is "SCHEMA|TABLE|SELECT|INSERT|UPDATE|DELETE|REFERENCES"
   print t; n=split(t, a, FS);                                       ##### printing value of t and spliting the variable t into an array named a whose field seprator is pipe(|).
   for (i in o) {                                                    ##### starting for loop for array named o.
      l="";                                                          ##### nullyfing variable l here.
      for (j=3; j<=n; j++) l=l FS ((p[i FS a[j]]) ? "Yes" : "No");   ##### starting for loop from j's value 3 to till value of variable n, where n is the number of fields of variable named t. Now setting up value of l, value of array p is present for this then l's value should be yes or it should be no.
      print i l;                                                     ##### printing the value of variable i and then variable l.
   }
}
' Input_file                                                         ##### mentioning the Input_file name here.

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pivot

I have a sql table with : Acitvity Date Value ABC 7/11 10 DEF 7/11 98 ABC 7/12 23 DEF 7/12 100 SER 7/12 67 GRH 7/13 123 HJY 7/14 12 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukhanj
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pivot script

Hi Please suggest a script that would do a horizontal pivot , on the fields separated by a semicolon Below is my input file 1|c2|aa 1|c3|dd 1|c4|cc 1|c5|aa 1|c6|ss 1|c7|dd 1|c8|bb 1|c9|jjj 1|c10|kkk 1|c11|fffg 1|c12|nnn;indi;pak;linf;wer 1|c13|lllnk;li;sdfsd;oiuo 1|c14|ppp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabarif16
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with parsing data with awk , eliminating unwanted data

Experts , Below is the data: --- Physical volumes --- PV Name /dev/dsk/c1t2d0 VG Name /dev/vg00 PV Status available Allocatable yes VGDA 2 Cur LV 8 PE Size (Mbytes) 8 Total PE 4350 Free PE 2036 Allocated PE 2314 Stale PE 0 IO Timeout (Seconds) default --- Physical volumes ---... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk --> math-operation in data-record and joining with second file data

Hi! I have a pretty complex job - at least for me! i have two csv-files with meassurement-data: fileA ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pivot using awk

Hi, I am writing a code to basically pivot the data. awk -v var1="" -v var2="" -v var3="" -v var4="" -v var5="" -v Disp=0\ 'BEGIN {FS=":"; OFS="|";}\ /^Pattern1/ {var1=$2;Disp=0;} \ /^Pattern2/ {var2=$2;} \ /^Pattern3/ {var3=$2;} \ /^Pattern4/ {var4=$2;} \ /^Pattern5/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pivot Column using awk

Hello everyone I have a 20M file which is having the below sample layout 1111,ABC,100 1111,DEF,200 1111,XYZ,300 4444,LMN,100 4444,AKH,500 4444,WCD,400 2222,ABC,100 7777,DEF,300 7777,WCD,300 I need to covert this to below format Output Party_ID|ABC|AKH|DEF|LMN|WCD|XYZ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: morbid_angel
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command to pivot data

Input data Output Required Tried this but not giving right results: nawk -F"|" '{for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) print $NF}' filename Please help me fix this. And also explain the logic how you did it so, I can do it next time. Thanks for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data Pivot

Good Day, I have file input 6285296582710|20170509|INDOTEL 6285296835209|20170509|INDOTEL 6285296940311|20170509|INDOTEL 6285297027737|20170509|MULTIFLAG 6285297027737|20170509|DELTA 6285297304373|20170510|INDOTEL 6285297384129|20170510|INDOTEL 6285296940311|20170510|MULTIFLAG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk- Pivot Table Averages

Hi everyone, Has anyone figured out yet how to do pivot table averages using AWK. I didn't see anything with regards to doing averages. For example, suppose you have the following table with various individuals and their scores in round1 and round2: SAMPLE SCORE1 SCORE2 British ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geneanalyst
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pivot example

Hi all, I am new to shell scripting so pardon me for the questions I will be asking. I was given a task where I have to pivot my data Example Source SGPAPCTUMACCHEA Expected output SGP APC TUM SGP APC ACC SGP APC HEA Can anybody assist me on this?Please use CODE tags as required... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redaela
3 Replies
CREATE 
RULE(7) SQL Commands CREATE RULE(7) NAME
CREATE RULE - define a new rewrite rule SYNOPSIS
CREATE [ OR REPLACE ] RULE name AS ON event TO table [ WHERE condition ] DO [ ALSO | INSTEAD ] { NOTHING | command | ( command ; command ... ) } DESCRIPTION
CREATE RULE defines a new rule applying to a specified table or view. CREATE OR REPLACE RULE will either create a new rule, or replace an existing rule of the same name for the same table. The PostgreSQL rule system allows one to define an alternative action to be performed on insertions, updates, or deletions in database tables. Roughly speaking, a rule causes additional commands to be executed when a given command on a given table is executed. Alterna- tively, an INSTEAD rule can replace a given command by another, or cause a command not to be executed at all. Rules are used to implement table views as well. It is important to realize that a rule is really a command transformation mechanism, or command macro. The transforma- tion happens before the execution of the commands starts. If you actually want an operation that fires independently for each physical row, you probably want to use a trigger, not a rule. More information about the rules system is in in the documentation. Presently, ON SELECT rules must be unconditional INSTEAD rules and must have actions that consist of a single SELECT command. Thus, an ON SELECT rule effectively turns the table into a view, whose visible contents are the rows returned by the rule's SELECT command rather than whatever had been stored in the table (if anything). It is considered better style to write a CREATE VIEW command than to create a real ta- ble and define an ON SELECT rule for it. You can create the illusion of an updatable view by defining ON INSERT, ON UPDATE, and ON DELETE rules (or any subset of those that's suf- ficient for your purposes) to replace update actions on the view with appropriate updates on other tables. If you want to support INSERT RETURNING and so on, then be sure to put a suitable RETURNING clause into each of these rules. There is a catch if you try to use conditional rules for view updates: there must be an unconditional INSTEAD rule for each action you wish to allow on the view. If the rule is conditional, or is not INSTEAD, then the system will still reject attempts to perform the update action, because it thinks it might end up trying to perform the action on the dummy table of the view in some cases. If you want to handle all the useful cases in conditional rules, add an unconditional DO INSTEAD NOTHING rule to ensure that the system understands it will never be called on to update the dummy table. Then make the conditional rules non-INSTEAD; in the cases where they are applied, they add to the default INSTEAD NOTHING action. (This method does not currently work to support RETURNING queries, however.) PARAMETERS
name The name of a rule to create. This must be distinct from the name of any other rule for the same table. Multiple rules on the same table and same event type are applied in alphabetical name order. event The event is one of SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE. table The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table or view the rule applies to. condition Any SQL conditional expression (returning boolean). The condition expression cannot refer to any tables except NEW and OLD, and can- not contain aggregate functions. INSTEAD INSTEAD indicates that the commands should be executed instead of the original command. ALSO ALSO indicates that the commands should be executed in addition to the original command. If neither ALSO nor INSTEAD is specified, ALSO is the default. command The command or commands that make up the rule action. Valid commands are SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, or NOTIFY. Within condition and command, the special table names NEW and OLD can be used to refer to values in the referenced table. NEW is valid in ON INSERT and ON UPDATE rules to refer to the new row being inserted or updated. OLD is valid in ON UPDATE and ON DELETE rules to refer to the existing row being updated or deleted. NOTES
You must be the owner of a table to create or change rules for it. In a rule for INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE on a view, you can add a RETURNING clause that emits the view's columns. This clause will be used to compute the outputs if the rule is triggered by an INSERT RETURNING, UPDATE RETURNING, or DELETE RETURNING command respectively. When the rule is triggered by a command without RETURNING, the rule's RETURNING clause will be ignored. The current implementation allows only unconditional INSTEAD rules to contain RETURNING; furthermore there can be at most one RETURNING clause among all the rules for the same event. (This ensures that there is only one candidate RETURNING clause to be used to compute the results.) RETURNING queries on the view will be rejected if there is no RETURNING clause in any available rule. It is very important to take care to avoid circular rules. For example, though each of the following two rule definitions are accepted by PostgreSQL, the SELECT command would cause PostgreSQL to report an error because of recursive expansion of a rule: CREATE RULE "_RETURN" AS ON SELECT TO t1 DO INSTEAD SELECT * FROM t2; CREATE RULE "_RETURN" AS ON SELECT TO t2 DO INSTEAD SELECT * FROM t1; SELECT * FROM t1; Presently, if a rule action contains a NOTIFY command, the NOTIFY command will be executed unconditionally, that is, the NOTIFY will be issued even if there are not any rows that the rule should apply to. For example, in: CREATE RULE notify_me AS ON UPDATE TO mytable DO ALSO NOTIFY mytable; UPDATE mytable SET name = 'foo' WHERE id = 42; one NOTIFY event will be sent during the UPDATE, whether or not there are any rows that match the condition id = 42. This is an implementa- tion restriction that might be fixed in future releases. COMPATIBILITY
CREATE RULE is a PostgreSQL language extension, as is the entire query rewrite system. SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 CREATE RULE(7)