Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Python fails to detect String Match Found Post 302973635 by mohtashims on Thursday 19th of May 2016 02:07:39 PM
Old 05-19-2016
I am split a string into words using a delimiter [check here: Issue Spliting String in Python ] and storing it in variable
Quote:
"comp"
variable while the other words are read from a text file for comparison.

So i am split a string into words and then checking if that word is present in the text file or not.

Last edited by mohtashims; 05-19-2016 at 03:30 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if match found go to a particular line in perl

Hello Experts, I am newbie to perl, just curious to know how to do the following in perl. suppose I ve a txt file like below. when it founds "*Main Start" Then go to "*Main End,,,,,,,," patteren and just collect the number from the previous line of "*Main End,,,,,,," pattern . In my... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

exact string match ; search and print match

I am trying to match a pattern exactly in a shell script. I have tried two methods awk '/\<mpath${CURR_MP}\>/{print $1 $2}' multipath perl -ne '/\bmpath${CURR_MP}\b/ and print' /var/tmp/multipath Both these methods require that I use the escape character. I am guessing that is why... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
8 Replies

3. Linux

Find String in FileName and move the String to new File if not found

Hi all, I have a question.. Here is my requirement..I have 500 files in a path say /a/b/c I have some numbers in a file which are comma seperated...and I wanted to check if the numbers are present in the FileName in the path /a/b/c..if the number is there in the file that is fine..but if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: us_pokiri
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk display the match and 2 lines after the match is found.

Hello, can someone help me how to find a word and 2 lines after it and then send the output to another file. For example, here is myfile1.txt. I want to search for "Error" and 2 lines below it and send it to myfile2.txt I tried with grep -A but it's not supported on my system. I tried with awk,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eurouno
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display n lines before match found

I have a file with following data A B C D E F G H I K L M N and search pattern is G Expected output (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsuresh316
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Launch shell script if string match is found

I'm trying to write a simple shell script that looks at a given text file and if the only word in the file is 'completed', it launches another shell script. So far I have this almost working... if grep 'completed' $datafile then... however, using this logic the secondary shell script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MickeyGreen
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract next n characters after a match is found?

Hi, I want to extract the next 7 characters after I encounter the first ( in the code eg abc123=(xvn1342) xyz678123=(ret8901) I want to extract xvn1342,ret8901. Please advise how to achieve this with awk, if possible? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep everything between two pattern if match not found

I need to help to work this Print everything between 2 patterns if grep is not found the search word example Detroit orange cat bat rat apple sed -n "/Detroit,/apple/p" d |grep chicago output would be Detroit orange cat bat rat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhonnyrip
1 Replies

9. Programming

Python re.findall inverse Match

I ask of you but yet another simplistic question that I hope can be answered. Its better explained showing my code. Here is my list(tmp_pkglist), which contains a list of all Debian (Jessie) packages: snippet 'zssh (1.5c.debian.1-3.2+b1 , 1.5c.debian.1-3.2 )', 'zsync (0.6.2-1)', 'ztex-bmp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

10. Programming

E**(i*pi)=-1 or e**(j*pi)=-1, something I found out in Python using part of Eulers Identit equation.

Well guys and gals I have discovered after all these years that Python does complex numbers without the 'complex()' function or 'cmath' import. It is well known that Euler's Identity E**(i*pi)+1=0 so I decided to experiment Last login: Fri Dec 13 18:27:30 on ttys000 AMIGA:amiga~> python3.8... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies
uri(n)						    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						    uri(n)

NAME
uri - URI utilities SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri ?1.1.1? uri::split url uri::join ?key value?... uri::resolve base url uri::isrelative url uri::geturl url ?options...? uri::canonicalize uri uri::register schemeList script DESCRIPTION
This package contains two parts. First it provides regular expressions for a number of url/uri schemes. Second it provides a number of com- mands for manipulating urls/uris and fetching data specified by them. For the latter this package analyses the requested url/uri and then dispatches it to the appropriate package (http, ftp, ...) for actual fetching. COMMANDS
uri::split url uri::split takes a single url, decodes it and then returns a list of key/value pairs suitable for array set containing the con- stituents of the url. If the scheme is missing from the url it defaults to http. Currently only the schemes http, ftp, mailto, urn and file are supported. See section EXTENDING on how to expand that range. uri::join ?key value?... uri::join takes a list of key/value pairs (generated by uri::split, for example) and returns the canonical url they represent. Cur- rently only the schemes http, ftp, mailto, urn and file are supported. See section EXTENDING on how to expand that range. uri::resolve base url uri::resolve resolves the specified url relative to base. In other words: A non-relative url is returned unchanged, whereas for a relative url the missing parts are taken from base and prepended to it. The result of this operation is returned. For an empty url the result is base. uri::isrelative url uri::isrelative determines whether the specified url is absolute or relative. uri::geturl url ?options...? uri::geturl decodes the specified url and then dispatches the request to the package appropriate for the scheme found in the url. The command assumes that the package to handle the given scheme either has the same name as the scheme itself (including possible capitalization) followed by ::geturl, or, in case of this failing, has the same name as the scheme itself (including possible capi- talization). It further assumes that whatever package was loaded provides a geturl-command in the namespace of the same name as the package itself. This command is called with the given url and all given options. Currently geturl does not handle any options itself. Note: file-urls are an exception to the rule described above. They are handled internally. It is not possible to specify results of the command. They depend on the geturl-command for the scheme the request was dispatched to. uri::canonicalize uri uri::canonicalize returns the canonical form of a URI. The canonical form of a URI is one where relative path specifications, ie. . and .., have been resolved. uri::register schemeList script uri::register registers the first element of schemeList as a new scheme and the remaining elements as aliases for this scheme. It creates the namespace for the scheme and executes the script in the new namespace. The script has to declare variables containing the regular expressions relevant to the scheme. At least the variable schemepart has to be declared as that one is used to extend the variables keeping track of the registered schemes. SCHEMES
In addition to the commands mentioned above this package provides regular expression to recognize urls for a number of url schemes. For each supported scheme a namespace of the same name as the scheme itself is provided inside of the namespace uri containing the variable url whose contents are a regular expression to recognize urls of that scheme. Additional variables may contain regular expressions for parts of urls for that scheme. The variable uri::schemes contains a list of all supported schemes. Currently these are ftp, file, http, gopher, mailto, news, wais and prospero. EXTENDING
Extending the range of schemes supported by uri::split and uri::join is easy because both commands do not handle the request by themselves but dispatch it to another command in the uri namespace using the scheme of the url as criterion. uri::split and uri::join call Split[string totitle <scheme>] and Join[string totitle <scheme>] respectively. CREDITS
Original code by Andreas Kupries. Modularisation by Steve Ball. KEYWORDS
uri, url, fetching information, www, http, ftp, mailto, gopher, wais, prospero, file uri 1.1.1 uri(n)