Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk split and awk calculation in the same command Post 302973624 by RudiC on Thursday 19th of May 2016 12:52:51 PM
Old 05-19-2016
Works for me as well with your attached input file; result is exactly equivalent to your correct output in post#5. The appended calculated list has 1387 entries like
Code:
EMX1 20 10800
DYNC1H1 7 756
TPRN 673 1093315
SSPN 42 12558
PCDHA1;PCDHA10;PCDHA11;PCDHA12;PCDHA13;PCDHA2;PCDHA3;PCDHA4;PCDHA5;PCDHA6;PCDHA7;PCDHA8;PCDHA9;PCDHAC1;PCDHAC2 3 993
NR2F1 183 88389
FOXO1 180 117000
EVC2 26 8970

So - what exactly don't you like?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to split in to 2 files

Hi, I have a problem in grepping a file for 2 strings and writing them to 2 appropriate files. I need to use the awk command and read the file only once and write to the appropriate file. My file is very huge in size and it is taking a long time using cat command and grep command. Can anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_subra_mani
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk calculation

Hallo all, I have a script which creates an output ... see below: root@a7germ:/tmp/pax > cat 20061117.txt 523.047 521.273 521.034 517.367 516.553 517.793 513.114 513.940 I would like to use awk to calculate the (a)total sum of the numbers (b) The average of the numbers. Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk command to split file name

Hi I have few files with format access.2Nov-12:15AM. These files will be generated daily . I need to write a script so that if today's date is less than 10 then it has to zip the file and rename it to acess.02Nov-12:15AM.gz .please help me in this . Also please help me in splitting the file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskalyani9
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk in perl with split command

Hi, I have an array with following data. First field shows the owner and second is unique name. Now i have to pic the latest value with respect to the date in case of duplicate. like "def" is from two owners "rahul/vineet", now i want the latest from the two and the owner name also for all the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineet.dhingra
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file using awk command.

awk 'FNR == 1 { c = 1 } { print > (f c) } !FNR%n { close(f c); ++c }' n=$files_per_stream f=$input_path/filename_ $input_file $input_file with some records are splitted into files named filename_1,filename_2...etc according to $files_per_stream. Plz help me know how and if anyone has... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptam
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to split one field and print the last two fields within the split part.

Hello; I have a file consists of 4 columns separated by tab. The problem is the third fields. Some of the them are very long but can be split by the vertical bar "|". Also some of them do not contain the string "UniProt", but I could ignore it at this moment, and sort the file afterwards. Here is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to split awk command

Hi, There is an awk command in script and it is running successfully. I want to split that command in 2 lines. I have tried using '\' but its not working.. Please suggest me the solution. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanket Dalvi
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split command to get the desired result

Dear all, I am using the awk 'split' command to get the particular value. FILE=InputFile_009_0.txt Temp=$(echo $FILE | awk '{split($FILE, a, "e_"); print a}') I would like to have the Temp take the value as : _009_0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk calculation with zero as N/A

In the below awk, I am trying to calculate percent for a given id. It is very close the problem is when the # being used in the calculation is zero. I am not sure how to code this condition into the awk as it happens frequently. The portion in italics was an attempt but that lead to an error. Thank... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk command to split pipe delimited file

Hello, I need to split a pipe de-limited file based on the COLUMN 7 value . If the column value changes I need to split the file Source File Payment|ID|DATE|TIME|CONTROLNUMBER|NUMBER|NAME|INDICATOR 42156974|1137937|10/1/2018|104440|4232|2054391|CARE|1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosebud123
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)