Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to find IP of user machine executing a particular UNIX command? Post 302973623 by santtarius on Thursday 19th of May 2016 12:51:09 PM
Old 05-19-2016
How to find IP of user machine executing a particular UNIX command?

Hello,

Our applications are deployed in SunOS 5.10 servers. All the team members use a same username/pwd to login to the box. Very often we face issue were we could see that weblogic server instance are KILLED and we are not able to trace who executed kill command. All team members use PUTTY to login to server. Please let us know if there is way to track the IP of user who logged into the server and executed this command. Or any other way to track this. Since this has become a routine issue, it will be of great help if some one could respond.

Regards
San

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Script of a different user on Same Machine

Hi, I want to execute a script - of different user from my script. I have tried the su command su - username -c "scriptname" it works but asked for password. Is there any way for supplying the password to it thru script, not interactively. Or is there any other way to achieve the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeheyaansari
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the user executing a script

How do i in a script determine the user that is executing it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chiefos
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing a unix command

Hi, I need to execute the following unix command through my java code - zip -e When i execute this command from the command prompt, i am prompted for a password in the following manner - Enter password: Verify password: Is it possible to provide the password inthe first command itself... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacob23
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing application on Windows from Unix machine

I have two machines, one running Windows and another one Unix over a network. I want to execute a batch file on the Windows machine using a script running on the Unix machine. I have tried creating a rsa key and transferrring it to the destination machine but it doesn't work. The purpose was to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileUser
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem executing find file command in Linux

When trying to find a list of files with specific text in them using find . -type f -exec grep -l "DataStage Job 4263" {}\; I get error find: missing argument to 'exec' How can I correct this ? I'm on Linux Red Hat. Cheers PS I'm a DataStage programmer not a systems support... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackdaw_at_work
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to find the "unix machine type".

Hi all, Just need some help the following scenario, Is there any UNIX command to find the unix machine type (like whether the machine is belongs to Ssun ultra 45 type) like that .. please help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing command in a remote machine through ssh - shell script

Hi All, i have two machines like x and y . my requirement is i should connect to machine Y from x through ssh connection . and do some operation such as copy and move and delete files in Y machine . i tried with this code but it is doing in machine x only . and i need to exit from Y when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rateeshkumar
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command not executing for copying file

Buddies, I am trying to copy the file 'xcopyq' from /home/sandip to /home/sandip/testdir using the below command and getting the error as shown below:- sandip@manu:~$ find /home/sandip -type f -name '*xcopyq*' -exec cp{} /home/sandip/testdir/ \: find: missing argument to `-exec' Am I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandip250382
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print filename/dir name while executing aclput using find command

Running below command , but unable to print the filename , is there way to print filename/dirname using -print option find . -type f -exec aclput -i fileacl.template {} \; (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restrict a user from Executing particular command

hi how to restrict a user ro run rm command. In this scenario we have a user/group has below in sudoers user ALL=(ALL) ALLis there a way to restrict the user from just executing rm command (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
9 Replies
NWUSERLIST(1)							    nwuserlist							     NWUSERLIST(1)

NAME
nwuserlist - List Users logged in at a NetWare server SYNOPSIS
nwuserlist [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -a ] [ -q ] [ -f [ -d ] [ -D ] [ -t ]] DESCRIPTION
nwuserlist lists the users logged in at a NetWare server, together with their connection number and their login time. nwuserlist looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more informa- tion. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwuserlist prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -a With option -a the IPX address of the station the user is logged in from is printed as well. -q With option -q object ID is printed in addition to user name. -f List also files opened by each connection. -d List detailed informations about each file. -D List DOS filename instead of filename which was used for opening. -t Show raw hexadecimal values in addition to human readable conversions. AUTHORS
nwuserlist was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwuserlist 7/22/1996 NWUSERLIST(1)