Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Python fails to detect String Match Found Post 302973606 by mohtashims on Thursday 19th of May 2016 09:55:24 AM
Old 05-19-2016
BSD Python fails to detect String Match Found

Below is my code for comparing string for Exact Match found in python.

Code:
    for word in jdbc_trgt.split(','):
        global comp
        comp=word.strip();
        print "GloBAL:" + comp
        fiIn = open('list.txt').readlines()
        for lines in fiIn:
            print "line1s:" + lines
            print comp + " == " + lines
            if comp == lines:
                print "MATCH:" + comp

Quote:
Output:

GloBAL:MGT
line1s:MGT
MGT == MGT
Can you tell me why is print "MATCH:" + comp not getting printed despite the strings Matching ?
Note: I am looking for an EXACT match Found scenario.

Last edited by mohtashims; 05-19-2016 at 11:21 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if match found go to a particular line in perl

Hello Experts, I am newbie to perl, just curious to know how to do the following in perl. suppose I ve a txt file like below. when it founds "*Main Start" Then go to "*Main End,,,,,,,," patteren and just collect the number from the previous line of "*Main End,,,,,,," pattern . In my... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

exact string match ; search and print match

I am trying to match a pattern exactly in a shell script. I have tried two methods awk '/\<mpath${CURR_MP}\>/{print $1 $2}' multipath perl -ne '/\bmpath${CURR_MP}\b/ and print' /var/tmp/multipath Both these methods require that I use the escape character. I am guessing that is why... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
8 Replies

3. Linux

Find String in FileName and move the String to new File if not found

Hi all, I have a question.. Here is my requirement..I have 500 files in a path say /a/b/c I have some numbers in a file which are comma seperated...and I wanted to check if the numbers are present in the FileName in the path /a/b/c..if the number is there in the file that is fine..but if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: us_pokiri
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk display the match and 2 lines after the match is found.

Hello, can someone help me how to find a word and 2 lines after it and then send the output to another file. For example, here is myfile1.txt. I want to search for "Error" and 2 lines below it and send it to myfile2.txt I tried with grep -A but it's not supported on my system. I tried with awk,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eurouno
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display n lines before match found

I have a file with following data A B C D E F G H I K L M N and search pattern is G Expected output (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsuresh316
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Launch shell script if string match is found

I'm trying to write a simple shell script that looks at a given text file and if the only word in the file is 'completed', it launches another shell script. So far I have this almost working... if grep 'completed' $datafile then... however, using this logic the secondary shell script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MickeyGreen
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract next n characters after a match is found?

Hi, I want to extract the next 7 characters after I encounter the first ( in the code eg abc123=(xvn1342) xyz678123=(ret8901) I want to extract xvn1342,ret8901. Please advise how to achieve this with awk, if possible? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep everything between two pattern if match not found

I need to help to work this Print everything between 2 patterns if grep is not found the search word example Detroit orange cat bat rat apple sed -n "/Detroit,/apple/p" d |grep chicago output would be Detroit orange cat bat rat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhonnyrip
1 Replies

9. Programming

Python re.findall inverse Match

I ask of you but yet another simplistic question that I hope can be answered. Its better explained showing my code. Here is my list(tmp_pkglist), which contains a list of all Debian (Jessie) packages: snippet 'zssh (1.5c.debian.1-3.2+b1 , 1.5c.debian.1-3.2 )', 'zsync (0.6.2-1)', 'ztex-bmp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

10. Programming

E**(i*pi)=-1 or e**(j*pi)=-1, something I found out in Python using part of Eulers Identit equation.

Well guys and gals I have discovered after all these years that Python does complex numbers without the 'complex()' function or 'cmath' import. It is well known that Euler's Identity E**(i*pi)+1=0 so I decided to experiment Last login: Fri Dec 13 18:27:30 on ttys000 AMIGA:amiga~> python3.8... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies
wsreg_add_display_name(3WSREG)			    Product Install Registry Library Functions			    wsreg_add_display_name(3WSREG)

NAME
wsreg_add_display_name, wsreg_remove_display_name, wsreg_get_display_name, wsreg_get_display_languages - add, remove, or return a localized display name SYNOPSIS
cc [flag ...] file ...-lwsreg [library ...] #include <wsreg.h> int wsreg_add_display_name(Wsreg_component *comp, const char *language, const char *display_name); int wsreg_remove_display_name(Wsreg_component *comp, const char *language); char *wsreg_get_display_name(const Wsreg_component *comp, const char *language); char **wsreg_get_display_languages(const Wsreg_component *comp); DESCRIPTION
For each of these functions, the comp argument specifies the component on which these functions operate. The language argument is the ISO 639 language code identifying a particular display name associated with the specified component. The wsreg_add_display_name() function adds the display name specified by display_name to the component specified by comp. The wsreg_remove_display_name() function removes a display name from the component specified by comp. The wsreg_get_display_name() function returns a display name from the component specified by comp. The wsreg_get_display_languages() returns the ISO 639 language codes for which display names are available from the component specified by comp. RETURN VALUES
The wsreg_add_display_name() function returns a non-zero value if the display name was set correctly; otherwise 0 is returned. The wsreg_remove_display_name() function returns a non-zero value if the display name was removed; otherwise 0 is returned. The wsreg_get_display_name() function returns the display name from the specified component if the component has a display name for the specified language code. Otherwise, NULL is returned. The caller must not free the resulting display name. The wsreg_get_display_languages() function returns a null-terminated array of ISO 639 language codes for which display names have been set into the specified component. If no display names have been set, NULL is returned. It is the caller's responsibility to release the resulting array, but not the contents of the array. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
wsreg_initialize(3WSREG), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Sep 2000 wsreg_add_display_name(3WSREG)