Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting substring from variable Post 302973534 by shamrock on Wednesday 18th of May 2016 11:17:53 AM
Old 05-18-2016
The one below should work irrespective of shell version...
Code:
export var="DR"
echo ${var%"${var#[A-Z]}"}
D

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem extracting substring in korn shell

hi all, I have read similiar topics in this board, but i didn' t find the posting which is the same with the problem i face.. I try to extract string from the end. i try to do this: num=abcdefghij num2=${num:-5} echo $num2 #this should print the last 5 characters (fghij) but it doesn;t... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nashrul
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting substring from a file name

hi i need to name a file with a substring of a another file name. i.e. if the old filename is abc.txt , the new filename should be abc_1.txt i should get the substring of the file name and then name the new one please let me know how to do it (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityamahi
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting substring from string

Hi awk and sed gurus, Please help me in the following. I have the following entries in the file ABCDErules AbHDPrules ABCrules -- -- and other entries in the file. Now, I want to extract from the file that contain entries for *rules and process it separately. How can i do it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a substring from a string in unix

Hi, I would like to extract a substring from a string in unix. eg: ./checkfile.sh -- i need only checkfile.sh from this string. Could someone help me out in this... Regards Arun (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
19 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting substring

Hi, I have string in variable like '/u/dolfin/in/DOLFIN.PRL_100.OIB.TLU.001.D20110520.T040010' and i want to conevrt this string into only "DOLFIN.PRL_100.OIB.TLU.001.D20110520.T040010" (i.e file name). Is there any command to extracting string in some part ?(rather than whole path)? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyamu544
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting substring between pattern only one time

Hello ifconfig return : eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 11:24:1D:C1:99:BA inet addr:192.168.0.1 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0 UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:37307 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in extracting the substring in UNIX

Hi all, I need to extract the "abcdef" from the below string Digital_abcdef_20130103.txt.gz The length of the "abcdef" will be changing but it will be always after the word Digital_ and before the second underscore help in this regard is highly appreciated (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rithushri
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on extracting a substring from the input string

Hi, I am new to Unix. I am trying to extract a substring from an input string: Ex - input string: deploy_v11_9_1 i want to extract and store the value v11_9_1 from the input string in a new variable. I am using following command in my shell script file: echo "Enter the folder name u... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pranav Bhasker
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Extracting whole word containing substring

hello. I get this text when using some command : S | Name | Type | Version | Arch | Repository --+-----------------+---------+---------+------+------------- | AdobeReader_enu | package | 9.5.4-1 | i486 | zypper_local I need to get "AdobeReader_enu" from the the pattern "Ado"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a substring from Line

Hi All I have a line which is as below 1234567 Gagan Paswani zz23432 1000000000 1000000000 ASTHEYXX-RTUC zz23432 I need to extract the first occurence of zz23432 which will have the reg expression as {2}{5} Could you please assist as to how I can extract this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashantckc
3 Replies
GLFRONTFACE(3G) 														   GLFRONTFACE(3G)

NAME
glFrontFace - define front- and back-facing polygons C SPECIFICATION
void glFrontFace( GLenum mode ) PARAMETERS
mode Specifies the orientation of front-facing polygons. GL_CW and GL_CCW are accepted. The initial value is GL_CCW. DESCRIPTION
In a scene composed entirely of opaque closed surfaces, back-facing polygons are never visible. Eliminating these invisible polygons has the obvious benefit of speeding up the rendering of the image. To enable and disable elimination of back-facing polygons, call glEnable and glDisable with argument GL_CULL_FACE. The projection of a polygon to window coordinates is said to have clockwise winding if an imaginary object following the path from its first vertex, its second vertex, and so on, to its last vertex, and finally back to its first vertex, moves in a clockwise direction about the interior of the polygon. The polygon's winding is said to be counterclockwise if the imaginary object following the same path moves in a counterclockwise direction about the interior of the polygon. glFrontFace specifies whether polygons with clockwise winding in window coordinates, or counterclockwise winding in window coordinates, are taken to be front-facing. Passing GL_CCW to mode selects counterclock- wise polygons as front-facing; GL_CW selects clockwise polygons as front-facing. By default, counterclockwise polygons are taken to be front-facing. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if mode is not an accepted value. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glFrontFace is executed between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet with argument GL_FRONT_FACE SEE ALSO
glCullFace(3G), glLightModel(3G) GLFRONTFACE(3G)