Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need script to pass all sql file names in a directory to DB query Post 302973492 by ROCK_PLSQL on Wednesday 18th of May 2016 07:42:01 AM
Old 05-18-2016
Hi,

Thanks a lot.
The issue has been resolved.
How to get another column values of SQL query to another variable.
I have added column new_file_name in my query.
While moving te file I have to move with new file name.

Code:
dir_paths=`sqlplus -s $DB_CONNECTION/$PASS_WORD << EOF

set termout off;
              set verify off;
              set feedback off;
              set heading off;
              set newpage 0;
              set pagesize 0;
              set linesize 200;
              SELECT  SUBSTR(trunk_path,3,INSTR(trunk_path,'sql')),new_file_name FROM directory_map
              WHERE object_name=SUBSTR(UPPER('$1'),1,INSTR(UPPER('$1'),'.')-1);
              exit success;
              EOF`

mv file_name $dir_paths/$new_file_name

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

---------- Post updated at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:08 PM ----------

Hi Rudi,

Can you please help me.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

TO execute .sql 2005 query file in shell script

Hi, I know in oracle a .sql file is called by @ <path> /<filename>. But how to call in sql 2005, I am opening the sql sessionwith sqsh, is there any command to execute there a .sql file (query in sql 2005) in K shell script. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: n2ekhil
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass arguments to SQL file passed in shell script?

Hi, I am using SYBASE database. in my script i am connecting to DB via using isql. isql -U${S_USER} -S${S_SERV} -D${S_DB} -P${S_PWD} -b0 -w3000 -h0 -s"|" -i${MYDIR}/ABC.sql -oXYZ.txt << FINSQL i am taking a ABC.sql file to use the queries written in it and storing the output in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
3 Replies

3. Programming

JDBC code to pass the SQL query as parameter and execute?

Below i have the sample code. i need to pass the entire query from file or as parameter and read the results and write into a output file. here the number of columns are unknown. some times it may be 2,3 or entire columns from the table. read all the column results and write into a comma... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to run sql query from a script..which takes input from a file

I need to run sql script from shell script which takes the input from a file and contents of file will be like : 12345 34567 78657 and query will be like : select seq_nbr from bus_event where event_nbr='12345'; select seq_nbr from bus_event where event_nbr='34567'; select seq_nbr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To pass multiple arguments from file in to an sql query

Hi all , I want to pass contents from a file say f1 as arguments to a sql query which has In statement using a script example select * from table_1 where login in ( `cat f1`) ; will this work or is there any other way to do it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zozoo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query in UNIX script - output in flat file

Hi, I never did this before... what I want to do is execute a SQL query from a unix script and redirect sql query's output to a flat file (comma separated one) without the header info (no column names). I would also want not to print the query's output to the screen. snapshot of my script:... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass an array containing file names to a sftp script?

hi, i want to pass an array parameters to a sftp script so that i can transfer each file in the array to the remote server by connecting only once to the sftp remote server. i thought of using a variable that contains list of file names separated by a space and pass the variable to the sftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass string into sql query?

Hi Gurus, I have a request which needs to pass string into sql. dummy code as below: sqlplus -s user/password@instance << EOF >>output.txt set echo off head off feed off pagesize 0 trimspool on linesize 1000 colsep , select emp_no, emp_name from emp where emp_no in ('a', 'b', 'c'); exit;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass value from .Shell script to .SQL file

Hi All, I am new to shell script. I am trying to pass value from .sh file to .sql file . But I am able to run the .sql file from .sh file with values in sql file. But I am unable to pass the values from .sh file. can some one please help to resolve this. here is my .sh file s1.sh ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddy298599
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to write SQL query output in to .csv file with shell script.

I am trying to write SQL query output into a .csv file. But in the output columns are displaying in different lines instead of coming in one line. Main Code shell script: this is my code: #!/bin/bash file="db_detail.txt" . $file rm /batch/corpplan/bin/dan.csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepgoli53
6 Replies
INSERT(7)							   SQL Commands 							 INSERT(7)

NAME
INSERT - create new rows in a table SYNOPSIS
INSERT INTO table [ ( column [, ...] ) ] { DEFAULT VALUES | VALUES ( { expression | DEFAULT } [, ...] ) | SELECT query } INPUTS table The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing table. column The name of a column in table. DEFAULT VALUES All columns will be filled by null values or by values specified when the table was created using DEFAULT clauses. expression A valid expression or value to assign to column. DEFAULT This column will be filled in by the column DEFAULT clause, or NULL if a default is not available. query A valid query. Refer to the SELECT statement for a further description of valid arguments. OUTPUTS INSERT oid 1 Message returned if only one row was inserted. oid is the numeric OID of the inserted row. INSERT 0 # Message returned if more than one rows were inserted. # is the number of rows inserted. DESCRIPTION
INSERT allows one to insert new rows into a table. One can insert a single row at a time or several rows as a result of a query. The col- umns in the target list may be listed in any order. Each column not present in the target list will be inserted using a default value, either a declared DEFAULT value or NULL. PostgreSQL will reject the new column if a NULL is inserted into a column declared NOT NULL. If the expression for each column is not of the correct data type, automatic type coercion will be attempted. You must have insert privilege to a table in order to append to it, as well as select privilege on any table specified in a WHERE clause. USAGE
Insert a single row into table films: INSERT INTO films VALUES ('UA502','Bananas',105,'1971-07-13','Comedy',INTERVAL '82 minute'); In this second example the last column len is omitted and therefore it will have the default value of NULL: INSERT INTO films (code, title, did, date_prod, kind) VALUES ('T_601', 'Yojimbo', 106, DATE '1961-06-16', 'Drama'); In the third example, we use the DEFAULT values for the date columns rather than specifying an entry. INSERT INTO films VALUES ('UA502','Bananas',105,DEFAULT,'Comedy',INTERVAL '82 minute'); INSERT INTO films (code, title, did, date_prod, kind) VALUES ('T_601', 'Yojimbo', 106, DEFAULT, 'Drama'); Insert a single row into table distributors; note that only column name is specified, so the omitted column did will be assigned its default value: INSERT INTO distributors (name) VALUES ('British Lion'); Insert several rows into table films from table tmp: INSERT INTO films SELECT * FROM tmp; Insert into arrays (refer to the PostgreSQL User's Guide for further information about arrays): -- Create an empty 3x3 gameboard for noughts-and-crosses -- (all of these queries create the same board attribute) INSERT INTO tictactoe (game, board[1:3][1:3]) VALUES (1,'{{"","",""},{},{"",""}}'); INSERT INTO tictactoe (game, board[3][3]) VALUES (2,'{}'); INSERT INTO tictactoe (game, board) VALUES (3,'{{,,},{,,},{,,}}'); COMPATIBILITY
SQL92 INSERT is fully compatible with SQL92. Possible limitations in features of the query clause are documented for SELECT [select(7)]. SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 INSERT(7)