Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need script to pass all sql file names in a directory to DB query Post 302973492 by ROCK_PLSQL on Wednesday 18th of May 2016 07:42:01 AM
Old 05-18-2016
Hi,

Thanks a lot.
The issue has been resolved.
How to get another column values of SQL query to another variable.
I have added column new_file_name in my query.
While moving te file I have to move with new file name.

Code:
dir_paths=`sqlplus -s $DB_CONNECTION/$PASS_WORD << EOF

set termout off;
              set verify off;
              set feedback off;
              set heading off;
              set newpage 0;
              set pagesize 0;
              set linesize 200;
              SELECT  SUBSTR(trunk_path,3,INSTR(trunk_path,'sql')),new_file_name FROM directory_map
              WHERE object_name=SUBSTR(UPPER('$1'),1,INSTR(UPPER('$1'),'.')-1);
              exit success;
              EOF`

mv file_name $dir_paths/$new_file_name

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

---------- Post updated at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:08 PM ----------

Hi Rudi,

Can you please help me.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

TO execute .sql 2005 query file in shell script

Hi, I know in oracle a .sql file is called by @ <path> /<filename>. But how to call in sql 2005, I am opening the sql sessionwith sqsh, is there any command to execute there a .sql file (query in sql 2005) in K shell script. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: n2ekhil
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass arguments to SQL file passed in shell script?

Hi, I am using SYBASE database. in my script i am connecting to DB via using isql. isql -U${S_USER} -S${S_SERV} -D${S_DB} -P${S_PWD} -b0 -w3000 -h0 -s"|" -i${MYDIR}/ABC.sql -oXYZ.txt << FINSQL i am taking a ABC.sql file to use the queries written in it and storing the output in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
3 Replies

3. Programming

JDBC code to pass the SQL query as parameter and execute?

Below i have the sample code. i need to pass the entire query from file or as parameter and read the results and write into a output file. here the number of columns are unknown. some times it may be 2,3 or entire columns from the table. read all the column results and write into a comma... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to run sql query from a script..which takes input from a file

I need to run sql script from shell script which takes the input from a file and contents of file will be like : 12345 34567 78657 and query will be like : select seq_nbr from bus_event where event_nbr='12345'; select seq_nbr from bus_event where event_nbr='34567'; select seq_nbr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To pass multiple arguments from file in to an sql query

Hi all , I want to pass contents from a file say f1 as arguments to a sql query which has In statement using a script example select * from table_1 where login in ( `cat f1`) ; will this work or is there any other way to do it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zozoo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query in UNIX script - output in flat file

Hi, I never did this before... what I want to do is execute a SQL query from a unix script and redirect sql query's output to a flat file (comma separated one) without the header info (no column names). I would also want not to print the query's output to the screen. snapshot of my script:... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass an array containing file names to a sftp script?

hi, i want to pass an array parameters to a sftp script so that i can transfer each file in the array to the remote server by connecting only once to the sftp remote server. i thought of using a variable that contains list of file names separated by a space and pass the variable to the sftp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass string into sql query?

Hi Gurus, I have a request which needs to pass string into sql. dummy code as below: sqlplus -s user/password@instance << EOF >>output.txt set echo off head off feed off pagesize 0 trimspool on linesize 1000 colsep , select emp_no, emp_name from emp where emp_no in ('a', 'b', 'c'); exit;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass value from .Shell script to .SQL file

Hi All, I am new to shell script. I am trying to pass value from .sh file to .sql file . But I am able to run the .sql file from .sh file with values in sql file. But I am unable to pass the values from .sh file. can some one please help to resolve this. here is my .sh file s1.sh ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddy298599
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to write SQL query output in to .csv file with shell script.

I am trying to write SQL query output into a .csv file. But in the output columns are displaying in different lines instead of coming in one line. Main Code shell script: this is my code: #!/bin/bash file="db_detail.txt" . $file rm /batch/corpplan/bin/dan.csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepgoli53
6 Replies
MSSQL_QUERY(3)															    MSSQL_QUERY(3)

mssql_query - Send MS SQL query

SYNOPSIS
mixed mssql_query (string $query, [resource $link_identifier], [int $batch_size]) DESCRIPTION
mssql_query(3) sends a query to the currently active database on the server that's associated with the specified link identifier. PARAMETERS
o $query - An SQL query. o $link_identifier - A MS SQL link identifier, returned by mssql_connect(3) or mssql_pconnect(3). If the link identifier isn't specified, the last opened link is assumed. If no link is open, the function tries to establish a link as if mssql_connect(3) was called, and use it. o $batch_size - The number of records to batch in the buffer. RETURN VALUES
Returns a MS SQL result resource on success, TRUE if no rows were returned, or FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_query(3) example <?php // Connect to MSSQL $link = mssql_connect('KALLESPCSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); if (!$link || !mssql_select_db('php', $link)) { die('Unable to connect or select database!'); } // Do a simple query, select the version of // MSSQL and print it. $version = mssql_query('SELECT @@VERSION'); $row = mssql_fetch_array($version); echo $row[0]; // Clean up mssql_free_result($version); ?> NOTES
Note If the query returns multiple results then it is necessary to fetch all results by mssql_next_result(3) or free the results by mssql_free_result(3) before executing next query. SEE ALSO
mssql_select_db(3), mssql_connect(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_QUERY(3)