Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Can I get some clue on disabling SSLv1, v3 and TLS1.0 on AIX Post 302973404 by system.engineer on Tuesday 17th of May 2016 12:07:48 PM
Old 05-17-2016
Thanks for the response Aia. If I understood correctly, As a AIX system admin we should not change anything on OS. Application/Middleware engineer supposed to work on this task (disabling these protocols)

Please correct me If am wrong. Then will plan accordingly. Please feel free to provide me any links/docs related to this if possible. I would appreciate.

Thank you.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

I have no clue what's the point - fcntl() ?

hi, I need to know how to lock a file. I used the following code, but after executing the program the file 'write.txt' remined empty, and I have no idea why.Maybe I'm not using the corresponding syntax for blocking a file. But I deleted then the blocking part and the problem persisted. see to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atticus
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Filesystem filling up and no clue as to why!

df shows that the filesystem is filling up and the usage is 94%. However when I actually traverse to the directory I du shows only about 10% of the space occupied! Below is the output of df and du: >>>df -kh /cbmdata/00 470M 393M 29M 94% /cbmdata/00 >>>/cbmdata/00>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zombiezparadize
3 Replies

3. AIX

Disabling an ASCI terminal in AIX versions 3 and 4

Hi, I tried to do some research on this subject, but got nothing conclusive. I have the following need: I have different servers with AIX versions 3.2.5 through 4.3.2. Some of them have two ASCI terminals connected. I have a shell script that is executed by a user on the main console... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrei_r20
2 Replies

4. AIX

Disabling SSH direct access for an AIX user

Hello everyone, Can anyone help me please. I want to disable SSH direct access for an AIX user. For example, if I have USER1 and USER2. I want to disactivate direct access for USER2. The user must enter his login (USER1) and his password and then he can do su - USER2 . Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
3 Replies

5. AIX

Disabling SNMP in AIX 7.1

Hi, I am planning to disable SNMP in our AIX LPARs. wanted to see by disabling in a test LPAR. before that, I would like to check disabling this SNMP will impact any of our application or database in anyway. what kind of other software depends on these SNMP daemons ? Can you please let me... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: system.engineer
9 Replies

6. AIX

Disabling entries on inetd.conf (AIX).

Hello, We're working on securing the AIX environment. started with disabling unused services on AIX. Below are the entries which are not commented on my test LPAR (even other LPARs). ntalk dgram udp wait root /usr/sbin/talkd talkd daytime stream tcp nowait root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: system.engineer
1 Replies
Plack::Middleware::AccessLog(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Plack::Middleware::AccessLog(3pm)

NAME
Plack::Middleware::AccessLog - Logs requests like Apache's log format SYNOPSIS
# in app.psgi use Plack::Builder; builder { enable "Plack::Middleware::AccessLog", format => "combined"; $app; }; DESCRIPTION
Plack::Middleware::AccessLog forwards the request to the given app and logs request and response details to the logger callback. The format can be specified using Apache-like format strings (or "combined" or "common" for the default formats). If none is specified "combined" is used. This middleware uses calculable content-length by checking body type, and can not log the time taken to serve requests. It also logs the request before the response is actually sent to the client. Use Plack::Middleware::AccessLog::Timed if you want to log details after the response is transmitted (more like a real web server) to the client. This middleware is enabled by default when you run plackup as a default "development" environment. CONFIGURATION
format enable "Plack::Middleware::AccessLog", format => '%h %l %u %t "%r" %>s %b "%{Referer}i" "%{User-agent}i"'; Takes a format string (or a preset template "combined" or "custom") to specify the log format. This middleware implements a subset of Apache's LogFormat templates <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_log_config.html>: %% a percent sign %h REMOTE_ADDR from the PSGI environment, or - %l remote logname not implemented (currently always -) %u REMOTE_USER from the PSGI environment, or - %t [local timestamp, in default format] %r REQUEST_METHOD, REQUEST_URI and SERVER_PROTOCOL from the PSGI environment %s the HTTP status code of the response %b content length %T custom field for handling times in subclasses %D custom field for handling sub-second times in subclasses %v SERVER_NAME from the PSGI environment, or - %V HTTP_HOST or SERVER_NAME from the PSGI environment, or - Some of these format fields are only supported by middleware that subclasses "AccessLog". In addition, custom values can be referenced, using "%{name}", with one of the mandatory modifier flags "i", "o" or "t": %{variable-name}i HTTP_VARIABLE_NAME value from the PSGI environment %{header-name}o header-name header %{time-format]t localtime in the specified strftime format logger my $logger = Log::Dispatch->new(...); enable "Plack::Middleware::AccessLog", logger => sub { $logger->log(level => 'debug', message => @_) }; Sets a callback to print log message to. It prints to "psgi.errors" output stream by default. SEE ALSO
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_log_config.html> Rack::CustomLogger perl v5.14.2 2012-04-14 Plack::Middleware::AccessLog(3pm)