Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Installing Kodibuntu on an Hp rp5700 Post 302973270 by SuperTop on Tuesday 17th of May 2016 02:32:16 AM
Old 05-17-2016
Installing Kodibuntu on an Hp rp5700

Im new to this site so I don't know if im in the rite place..

Basically ALL i want to do is install kodibuntu on my HP rp5700 Business Center PC, when booting up the pc it show a message " if you are installing unix then you need to configure your system with BIOS utilities" something like that. Has anyone ever installed unix on this pc ?? Now i don't know much about UNIX and LINUX but i imagine they are the same, so apologies if i am mistaken.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing

hey i want to install freebsd 5.1 but i ran into some problems i have a old cpu, i made boot disks from kern.flp and mfsboot.flp from the cd, and boot up, when i'm done and gonna install, it won't find the cd, then i tryed to installed with ftp, but i coulden't figure out how to do, i have a DHCP... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekizz
5 Replies

2. AIX

How to installing .h of Dt

hi, everybody£º i have a question, pls help me¡£ OS : RS/6000 AIX 4.3.3 cPU : Powerpc,POWER3 I install X11.Dt, X11.apps, X11.base, X11.compat, X11.motif, X11.vsm full and Optional install X11.fnt using smitty! When i compling my gui programs , i found that all the include file of ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: q30
1 Replies

3. Solaris

installing solaris 10

hi all, i am trying to install solaris 10 into sun ultra 3000 i burn .iso image into cd-rw with 6x speed(iomega) and when i put into cdrom server i got the problem like below: {a} ok boot cdrom -s Boot device: /sbus@3,0/SUNW,fas@3,8800000/sd@6,0:f File and args: -s Bad magic number in disk... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
11 Replies

4. Linux

Help Installing RH.9

Yea, im having a little confusion towards installing red-hat using promise controllers. It was more easy with Windows cause it prompts me and i just press F6 at the beginning of the installation and then it gives me the list of the controllers i need (from a floppy). I tried using the noprobe on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kyoist
5 Replies

5. Debian

installing X?

I just reformatted my computer because of a bad tip I and I installed only the base-system to add what I'd want later. My question is how/where can I get a good X-server for Debian? I'm so used to gnome and don't really like it and want to try something else. I heard about something called: Xfree... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riwa
1 Replies

6. AIX

Installing TL/ML's

Question from an AIX noob -- I recently installed an AIX box with what I thought was recent 5.3 media. After the install it was at ML 5300-00. My question is, it seems as if each ML/TL needs to be installed prior to the next - which currently makes 6(?) updates. Am I missing something - is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tb0ne
4 Replies

7. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Installing HP 11i v3

Hi, I want to install HP 11i v3 OS on PA-RISC systems, which already have HP11i v1 operating system. I want to know that what are software and hardware requirements I will need for doing this? Thanks in Advance Mike (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vsftpd not installing

$ rpm -ivh vsftpd-2.2.2-6.el6.i686.rpm warning: vsftpd-2.2.2-6.el6.i686.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID fd431d51: NOKEY error: can't create transaction lock on /var/lib/rpm/.rpm.lock (Permission denied) why is it actually happening am goin nuts plzz help me out :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lost101
1 Replies
MAVEN(1)							   User Commands							  MAVEN(1)

NAME
Maven - Installs a jar into /usr/share/maven-repo. SYNOPSIS
mh_installjar [option]... [pom] [jar] [link]... DESCRIPTION
Installs the jar file in /usr/share/maven-repo, at the correct location for Maven. The jar is copied into the build directory. It can also create additional links to the jar, usually located in /usr/share/java. Where [pom] is the location of the POM associated with the jar to install. GroupId, artifactId and version will be extracted from this file. [jar] is the path to the jar to install, usually located in the build folder. [link] is an additional link to the jar to install, usually there should be a link to usr/share/java/$jar.jar and usr/share/java/$jar-$version.jar to comply with the Java packaging guidelines. Note that there is no need to specify those particular links if the --java-lib option is used. OPTIONS
-h --help: show this text -V --version: show the version -p<package> --package=<package>: name of the Debian package which will contain this jar file -e<version>, --set-version=<version>: set the version for the jar, do not use the version declared in the POM file. -r<rules> --rules=<rules>: path to the file containing the rules to apply when cleaning the POM. Optional, the default location is debian/maven.rules Maven rules are used here to extract the groupId, artifactId and version from the POM file. -l --java-lib: Optional, if given it will install the jar into /usr/share/java to comply with the Debian Java specification. The jar will be installed as /usr/share/java/$name-$version.jar and a versionless link /usr/share/java/$name.jar will point to it, as well as the links installed in /usr/share/maven-repo -n<name> --usj-name=<name>: Optional, the name to use when installing the library in /usr/share/java when --java-lib is used. Defaults to the artifact id found in the POM. -j<version> --usj-version=<version>: Optional, the version to use when installing the library in /usr/share/java when --java-lib is used. Defaults to the version found in the POM. -s --no-usj-versionless: Optional, don't install the versionless link in /usr/share/java. This flag is used only when the -l or --java-lib option is given. -d<path> --dest-jar=<path>: Optional, the destination for the real jar. The other places where the jar appears, in the repository or in the list of links, will be symlinks to this jar. Defaults to /usr/share/java/$name-$version.jar if --java-lib is used, otherwise the jar is installed in the versioned path in the Maven reposi- tory. -c<classifier> --classifier=<classifier>: Optional, the classifier for the jar. Empty by default. -v --verbose: show more information while running -n --no-act: don't actually do anything, just print the results --skip-clean-pom: don't clean the pom, assume that a previous action ran mh_cleanpom with the correct options. mh_cleanpom is run only to extract the groupId, artifactId and version of the jar See also: mh_installpom(1), mh_installsite(1) Maven Repo Helper version 1.7.1 January 2012 MAVEN(1)