Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Can I get some clue on disabling SSLv1, v3 and TLS1.0 on AIX Post 302973259 by system.engineer on Monday 16th of May 2016 05:34:57 PM
Old 05-16-2016
Can I get some clue on disabling SSLv1, v3 and TLS1.0 on AIX

Hi,

We've a requirement to disable the protocols SSLv3, SSL v2 and TLS 1.0.

And have TLS 1.2 enabled using AEAD (Authentication Encryption with Associated Data).

This is the only information i have,
I'm not sure how to proceed, was trying to find information using google.
Can you please help me understand

Is it related to OS (AIX), can this be implemented on OS level ?
or
is it related to Application ? Please let me know If you've already had a chance to work on these items before.

Please give me some idea. Thank you.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

I have no clue what's the point - fcntl() ?

hi, I need to know how to lock a file. I used the following code, but after executing the program the file 'write.txt' remined empty, and I have no idea why.Maybe I'm not using the corresponding syntax for blocking a file. But I deleted then the blocking part and the problem persisted. see to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atticus
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Filesystem filling up and no clue as to why!

df shows that the filesystem is filling up and the usage is 94%. However when I actually traverse to the directory I du shows only about 10% of the space occupied! Below is the output of df and du: >>>df -kh /cbmdata/00 470M 393M 29M 94% /cbmdata/00 >>>/cbmdata/00>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zombiezparadize
3 Replies

3. AIX

Disabling an ASCI terminal in AIX versions 3 and 4

Hi, I tried to do some research on this subject, but got nothing conclusive. I have the following need: I have different servers with AIX versions 3.2.5 through 4.3.2. Some of them have two ASCI terminals connected. I have a shell script that is executed by a user on the main console... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrei_r20
2 Replies

4. AIX

Disabling SSH direct access for an AIX user

Hello everyone, Can anyone help me please. I want to disable SSH direct access for an AIX user. For example, if I have USER1 and USER2. I want to disactivate direct access for USER2. The user must enter his login (USER1) and his password and then he can do su - USER2 . Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
3 Replies

5. AIX

Disabling SNMP in AIX 7.1

Hi, I am planning to disable SNMP in our AIX LPARs. wanted to see by disabling in a test LPAR. before that, I would like to check disabling this SNMP will impact any of our application or database in anyway. what kind of other software depends on these SNMP daemons ? Can you please let me... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: system.engineer
9 Replies

6. AIX

Disabling entries on inetd.conf (AIX).

Hello, We're working on securing the AIX environment. started with disabling unused services on AIX. Below are the entries which are not commented on my test LPAR (even other LPARs). ntalk dgram udp wait root /usr/sbin/talkd talkd daytime stream tcp nowait root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: system.engineer
1 Replies
SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)						      OpenSSL							 SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)

NAME
SSL_CTX_new - create a new SSL_CTX object as framework for TLS/SSL enabled functions SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> SSL_CTX *SSL_CTX_new(const SSL_METHOD *method); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_new() creates a new SSL_CTX object as framework to establish TLS/SSL enabled connections. NOTES
The SSL_CTX object uses method as connection method. The methods exist in a generic type (for client and server use), a server only type, and a client only type. method can be of the following types: SSLv2_method(void), SSLv2_server_method(void), SSLv2_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv2 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will also indicate that it only understand SSLv2. A server will only understand SSLv2 client hello messages. SSLv3_method(void), SSLv3_server_method(void), SSLv3_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv3 protocol. A client will send out SSLv3 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands SSLv3. A server will only understand SSLv3 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). TLSv1_method(void), TLSv1_server_method(void), TLSv1_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out TLSv1 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands TLSv1. A server will only understand TLSv1 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). It will also not understand SSLv3 client hello messages. SSLv23_method(void), SSLv23_server_method(void), SSLv23_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will understand the SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will indicate that it also understands SSLv3 and TLSv1. A server will understand SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 client hello messages. This is the best choice when compatibility is a concern. The list of protocols available can later be limited using the SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2, SSL_OP_NO_SSLv3, SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1 options of the SSL_CTX_set_options() or SSL_set_options() functions. Using these options it is possible to choose e.g. SSLv23_server_method() and be able to negotiate with all possible clients, but to only allow newer protocols like SSLv3 or TLSv1. SSL_CTX_new() initializes the list of ciphers, the session cache setting, the callbacks, the keys and certificates, and the options to its default values. RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: NULL The creation of a new SSL_CTX object failed. Check the error stack to find out the reason. Pointer to an SSL_CTX object The return value points to an allocated SSL_CTX object. SEE ALSO
SSL_CTX_free(3), SSL_accept(3), ssl(3), SSL_set_connect_state(3) 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 SSL_CTX_new(3SSL)