Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 10 print to pdf
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 print to pdf Post 302973241 by MadeInGermany on Monday 16th of May 2016 10:09:02 AM
Old 05-16-2016
I guess the Cups on the Linux box uses ghostscript, too.
A print server has the disadvantage that saved files are owned by the print server i.e
root. If you have a mail server, you can probably mail back the generated PDF to the user...

Is there really no print-to-file option in your application? Or perhaps you can configure its print command, e.g. change an lp command to mylp, and have a custom mylp script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print multi page to one for pdf in unix??

I need help on printing PS and PDF file. I find it will waste a lot of paper if I print every pages. So I want to print multipage into one. But I forgot how to do it in unix. Anyone help me!!! :D ;) :p (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunartio
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Solaris 10 - SA1,2,and 3 PDF's

Dear All, Where can i get the Sun Solaris 10 ( SA 1,2, and 3) in pdf ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: viswanadhan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert solaris file to pdf

Hi Guys, How to convert a unix text file into pdf? Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to print a PDF file in UNIX

on a PROGRESS environment, i create an invoice which at printing it must generate both the .dat for the invoice that was sent to the printer and the .dat for the PDF version. we have never printed PDF files in our lp printer until recently. i've done a bit of googling and it comes down to that i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdf2ps
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10, GhostPDL , PCL to PDF , pcl6 core dump

I have compiled GhostPDL that provides a shell script pcl2pdf that calls the executable pcl6. pcl6 compiled with no errors using gmake and gcc. Running pcl2pdf generates a core dump when trying to convert a pcl file to pdf. I have installed the Ghost fonts. Does anyone have GhostPDL compiled... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gduncan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Pdf Printing in Solaris

HI All I need help related to Pdf printing in Solaris.as I print pdf file in solaris it print garbage.how can I print pdf correctly. need help asap. Regards (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: smazshah
21 Replies

7. Solaris

Setting up Solaris 10 to print to a windows print server

Guys, I have a issue that I am trying to rectify please advise. lpstat -t shows scheduler is running printer lext644 disabled since Mon Dec 02 19:48:18 2013. available.I have restarted the printer service and it shows online but the above says disabled. I have a lot of jobs in the print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrywhitejr
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pdf file format generation error in Solaris 8 server

Hi experts. We have Solaris 8 server and we set as reporting server. We are facing problem that, it is not generating pdf files in a specified format. give your valuable suggestions that, what i have to check and what are the necessary step i have to do (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddulamadhu
4 Replies

9. AIX

Print to Windows PDF printer from AIX

Hopefully this is the correct place to post this, if not please let me know. I am trying to find a way to print from AIX directly to a windows PDF printer. I don't really care if it is paid or freeware, I am just trying to get it to work. I did see a product called BullZip and I am going to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerangedNick
3 Replies

10. AIX

How to print PDF files on AIX 5.3?

Hello All, How to print PDF files on AIX 5.3 and 6.1 because i tried adobe reader with no success, any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: moudmm
8 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)