Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 How to connect to wifi? Post 302973162 by jgraves on Sunday 15th of May 2016 09:33:01 PM
Old 05-15-2016
I can't get to the connect button. The nwam dialog box comes up, but is so small you can't even see the window. I've tried Alt-F8 to resize it with no luck.

I've looked through several .schema files, but can't find anything that shows a default window location or size to modify.

---------- Post updated at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:24 AM ----------

OK, so I was able to create a wireless profile, but it still hangs at 'connecting'. I get activity in the network icon, but it's not seeming to connect.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to connect to LAN on Solaris 8

Hi, My network is DHCP and I am on Solaris 8. Does anyone know if I need to configure anything on Solaris 8 in order to get connected to the network? Thanks, noknok (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noknok
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 - Connect to internet

I have an ultra 10.. running solaris 9 - and have a dsl internet connection that I currently use for my windows pc's through a router. I have connected the ultra 10 to the router - and the router has assigned me an ip through dhcp.. and I can connect to the other pc's on my network and they can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to connect Solaris 10 to the internet ?!

ive installed a fresh copy of solaris 10 on a E3500 Server machine, i gave it a static IP address , 192.168.1.15 its a test server in our office (small office) we are using LINKSYS as our internet router and DHCP as well .. its IP is 192.168.1.1 and ive added this IP as Default route on the server... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
9 Replies

4. Solaris

how to connect to internet on Solaris 10

Hi, I am new to Solaris just migrating from Windows XP. I want to connect to internet but I have problem with configuration. My ISP has provided me a router.I get internet connection through DHCP. I don't know any proxy or subnetmask or any IP address that requires during configuration of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pappu2008
1 Replies

5. Solaris

connect to internet on solaris 9

how to configure to connect to internet on solaris 9 ? please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Cannot connect to network in Solaris 11

I want to install Solaris 11 Express on my x86 system. I'm facing network driver problems. I've 3 network cards: 1. Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection In Device Driver Utility, This device is displayed as Ethernet controller, Driver is UNK and its highlighted in RED. 2. Belkin... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: choudharypranay
3 Replies

7. Solaris

WiFi on Solaris x86

Hi All, what's the fastest/easiest way to configure my newly installed Solaris 10 to get onto my existing WiFi connection? Where is the config to add this on? (I'm hoping I do not need to download anything) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 and wifi?

I'm running the 64bit Solaris 11 liveCD and I am having problems with my wifi adapter. It appears to be recognized by the system, but does not show up with dladm, ifconfig, or under the graphical network management icon. I can see my device listed under the driver program on the desktop as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsdforme
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to connect internet to my Solaris 10 OS

Hiii, My soalris 10 OS is running on VM ware. I have internet to my windows7 OS, can someone please help me to get connected my internet connection to my Solaris OS which is running on VMware. thanks & regards, Bhagi. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Wifi Could Not Connect

Hi, I already install bcwl kernel. I can see list of wifi AP. When i try connect, i said wrong password. When i test on windows, can connect. What i miss? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
0 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)