Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Need Help with SDD / SDDPCM / MPIO Post 302973100 by sh_1580 on Saturday 14th of May 2016 08:30:36 AM
Old 05-14-2016
What is firmware level on Ds4300 ?
Please check compatible OS & multipath with that Firmware on IBM SSIC website.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

IBM SDD on Sun

I just installed IBMsddsun64_........... on my sun server. I untarred it (tar xvf) & I tried to install the paxkage. When I did pkgadd -d ./IBMsdd..... I get a message Error, no packages were found. Any idea Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Remi
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with SDD, SAN ESS and AIX 5.3 Host

Hi all, Sorry if this is in the wrong place but needed to make sure lots of people saw this so that hopefully someone will be able to help. Basically i've upgraded a test server from 4.3 to 5.3 TL04. The server has hdisk0 and 1 as rootvg locally but then has another vg setup on our ESS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djdavies
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SDD for SVC on HP-UX and LINUX

Hello Unix Admins: Has any one in this distribution list implemented SVC (SAN Volume Contoller - A solution from IBM) in your environment? If you have, do you have any do's / don'ts? Anything which you like sharing would be really appreciated. For example, my inputs: I tried implementing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdossjojo
1 Replies

4. AIX

SDD SDDPCM MPIO lspath Jargon

Can anyone recommend me some reading material surrounding how AIX handles LUNs: - with and without MPIO installed - with and without SDD or SDDPCM installed Where does lspath sit in all of this (MPIO layer?). Can a system be built with just MPIO software? Is MPIO software even needed? I guess... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apra143
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

IBM SDD driver

I was wondering if there is a way of auto-detecting a new vpath, using IBM's SDD driver, on a Linux platform. ON AIX it is a simple as running cfgmgr. Alan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanp
0 Replies

6. AIX

AIX with SDD to VIOed SDDPCM?

Hi folks. We want to move a "physical" AIX box to a VIOed LPAR. The physical box is running SDD with disks from a DS8300. I want to be able to reattach those LUNs from the DS8300 to my VIO server which is running SDDPCM and then assigned them back to my AIX LPAR. Any thoughts about this? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stephan
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX SDD

I have sdd driver installed correctly but when I run the command: datapath query adapter No device file found what does it mean.. it is not using vpath or whats wrong? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

8. AIX

Upgrading from native MPIO to SDDPCM AIX 6.1

We have AIX 6.1 system attached to SAN disks (DS4700 and DS8100) thru SVC. Initially when the system was I forgot to install sddpcm drivers. and wanted to know how can i go with the installation of the sddpcm drivers. My understandin going thru the manual ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
3 Replies

9. AIX

sddpcm on vio

I have same lun (hdisk3) assigned to 2 vios server (dual vio server) and this is mapped to the client lpar. I have sddpcm on the VIO. On the VIOA, the attributes for fscsi1 and fscsi3 are set to fast_fail and dyntrk is set to yes Now, if I do a lqueryvg -Atp on the hdisk3, I get a "DISK... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
4 Replies

10. AIX

hdisk status in sdd volume groups

hi all we recently upgraded our san switches. after that, i found i got many hdisks showing in lsdev with status "Defined" and "Available". the number of "Defined" is equal to "Available". the time stamp shows all "Available" disks created at our downtime night. "datapath query device"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rs6000er
0 Replies
asmigrate(1m)						    Application Server Utility						     asmigrate(1m)

NAME
asmigrate - automates migration of J2EE applications from other J2EE platforms to Sun Java System Application Server SYNOPSIS
asmigrate [-h | --help] [-v | --version] [(-c |--commandline) | (-u --ui) ] [-q | --quiet] [-d | --debug][-s | --sourcedirectory source_directory] [-S | --sourceserver source_application_server] [-t | --targetdirectory target_directory] [-T | --targetserver tar- get_application_server] [-n | --scan-native-apis-only ] [-p | --scan-packages package_list] [-j | --java2db create-tables=true, drop- tables=true, db-vendor-name=dbVendorName] [-m | --migrate-cmp comment-pk-modifiers=true, overwrite-conflicting-accessors=true] [-f | --file-filter all-files=true, html-files=true, java-files=true, jsp-files=true, xml-files=true, archive-files=true] [-a | --append-logs ][operands] Use the asmigrate utility to analyze your J2EE application and translate vendor specific settings to Sun JavaTMTM System Application Server specific settings making the application deployable on Sun's J2EE products. The following table identifies the supported J2EE product migrations: +--------------------------+--------------------------------+ | Source J2EE Platform | Destination J2EE Platform | +--------------------------+--------------------------------+ |WebSphere Application |Sun ONE Application Server 6.5 | |Server 4.0 | | | | | |WebLogic Application | | |Server 5.1 | | +--------------------------+--------------------------------+ |WebLogic Application |Sun ONE Application Server 7 | |Server 5.1, 6.0, 6.1 | | | | | |WebSphere Application | | |Server 4.0 | | | | | |JavaTMTM 2 Platform | | |Enterprise Edition 1.3 | | | | | |Sun ONE Application | | |Server 6.x | | | | | |Sun ONE Web Server 6.0 | | | | | |JBoss Application Server | | |3.0 | | | | | |Tomcat Web Server 4.1.12 | | +--------------------------+--------------------------------+ |WebLogic Application |JavaTMTM 2 Platform, Enterprise | |Server 5.1, 6.0, 6.1 |Edition 1.4 Application Server | | | | |WebSphere Application | | |Server 4.0 | | | | | |JavaTMTM 2 Platform | | |Enterprise Edition | | |1.3/1.4 | | | | | |Sun ONE Application | | |Server 6.x | | | | | |Sun ONE Web Server 6.0 | | | | | |JBoss Application Server | | |3.0 | | | | | |Tomcat Web Server 4.1.12 | | +--------------------------+--------------------------------+ |WebLogic Application |Sun JavaTMTM System Application | |Server 5.1, 6.0, 6.1 |Server Platform Edition 8 | | | | |WebSphere Application | | |Server 4.0 | | | | | |JavTMTMa 2 Platform | | |Enterprise Edition | | |1.3/1.4 | | | | | |Sun ONE Application | | |Server 6.x | | | | | |Sun ONE Web Server 6.0 | | | | | |JBoss Application Server | | |3.0 | | | | | |JBoss Application Server | | |3.2 | | | | | |Tomcat Web Server 4.1.12 | | +--------------------------+--------------------------------+ OPTIONS
-h --help displays the arguments for launching the MigrationTool. -v --version displays the version of the MigrationTool. -u --ui invokes the tool in user interface mode. -c --commandline invokes the tool in command-line mode. -q --quiet launches the tool in quiet mode. -d --debug launches the tool in debug mode. -s --sourcedirectory identifes the directory where the source code to migrate or scan is present. -S --sourceserver identifes the source application server of the applications to be migrated. Possible servers include: o wl51: WebLogic Application Server 5.1 o wl60: WebLogic Application Server 6.0 o wl61: WebLogic Application Server 6.1 o as65: Sun ONE Application Server 6.5 o as70: Sun ONE Application Server 7.0 o ws40: WebSphere Application Server 4.0 o ri13: JavaTMTM 2 Platform Enterprise Edition 1.3 o ri14: JavaTMTM 2 Platform Enterprise Edition 1.3 o s1ws: Sun ONE Web Server o jb30: JBoss Application Server 3.0 o tc41: Tomcat Application Server 4.1 -t --targetdirectory target or output directory where the migrated application should be placed. -T --targetserver target application server to which the application is to be migrated. -n --scan-native-apis-onlscans the source code only for the presence of application server specific proprietary APIs. -p --scan-packages comma-separated list of Java packages to scan. -j --java2db bypasses the creation of the sun-cmp-mapping.xml file. Instead, introduces the option argument into the sun-ejb- jar.xml file. Option arguments are: o create-tables: if set to true (default), creates tables at deploy. If set to false tables are not created. o drop-tables: if set to true (default), tables are dropped at undeploy. If set to false tables are not dropped. o db-vendor-name: name of the database vendor for the application to be migrated. Supported vendor names include: Oracle, Sybase, DB2, Generic SQL92, PointBase, MSSQL. -m --migrate-cmp migrates 1.1 compliant CMPs, if any, to 2.0. Option arguments are: o overwrite-conflicting-accessors: if set to true (default), conflicting accessors are overwritten. If set to false, conflicting accessors are not overwritten. o comment-pk-modifiers: if set to true (default), setters of primary key are commented. If set to false, setters of primary key are not commented. -f --file-filter selects the type of files to migrate. Option arguments are: o all-files: if specified and set to true (default), migrates all types of files. o html-files: if specified and set to true (default), migrates HTML files. o java-files: if specified and set to true (default), migrates Java files. o jsp-files: if specified and set to true (default), migrates JSP type files. o archive-files: if specified and set to true (default), migrates jar/ear/war/rar file types. -a --append-logs if specified, appends the logging to the existing or previous logs without overwriting them. If not specified, previous logs are overwritten. operands identifes the archive file (jar/ear/war/rar) to be migrated. SEE ALSO
asupgrade(1M) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asmigrate(1m)