Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Unable to receive mails from email relay server Post 302973094 by anaigini45 on Saturday 14th of May 2016 06:58:37 AM
Old 05-14-2016
Unable to receive mails from email relay server

Hi,

I have reports that are generated in one server (10.61.1.108), hostname l28bi01. These reports are supposedly sent to a group of email addresses hourly via an email relay server. However, this is not happening.

In sendmail.cf in bi01, the DS Smart Relay Host ip address is:

DS192.168.12.26

I have attached the output of /var/adm/syslog/mail.log here.
I am not sure how to detect the error here. Could you please help detect the error?

I restarted the sendmail service, then the reports are sent, however, some reports are not.

The time now is 6:56 MYT. However the mail.log's last output is at 2 something MYT.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Steps to configure sendmail to receive e-mails

Hi Unix Gurus, Please help me out here. Please tell me the steps to conigure sendmail to receive emails (same way we configure outlook client in windows)? Thanks in advance. -Dejavu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DejaVu
1 Replies

2. AIX

Unable to receive mails

Hi, can any one help as i am unable to receive mail to outlook mail box from aix box. Kindly help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: richajoy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Receive Mails

Hi All, I am writing one script to automate one long process. In this process we need to upload some input files and download some output files. So , I want to automate this upload and download by using mail functionality. I want to trigger this script when I am sending mail to server. I know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NirajThakar
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

postfix config: how to relay mails for only one user of a certain domain

Hello there, First of all I tell you that this is my first postfix installation so please be patient... I have following scenario: fetchmail --> postfix --> amavis-new --> postfix --> exchange 2010. Everything -except exchange ;-)- runs on an opensuse 12.1 box. Now, I have a list of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lpacor
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Hello there, First of all I tell you that this is my first postfix installation so please be patient... I have following scenario: fetchmail --> postfix --> amavis-new --> postfix --> exchange 2010. Everything -except exchange ;-)- runs on an opensuse 12.1 box. Now, I have a list of... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hello there, First of all I tell you that this is my first postfix installation so please be patient... I have following scenario: fetchmail --> postfix --> amavis-new --> postfix --> exchange 2010. Everything -except exchange ;-)- runs on an opensuse 12.1 box. Now, I have a list of... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to receive mails in unix .....

HI experts, By using mailx command i can send mails to any email id. and my DNS is like oper@xyz.com ..... but if someone replied to the mail sent earlier using mailx command. then how to recieve or view that mail ... Is dre any command to do the same ... Im working on some project and got... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitknit
7 Replies
mailto.conf(5)							    Apple Inc.							    mailto.conf(5)

NAME
mailto.conf - configuration file for cups email notifier DESCRIPTION
The mailto.conf file defines the local mail server and email notification preferences for CUPS. Each line in the file can be a configuration directive, a blank line, or a comment. Comment lines start with the # character. DIRECTIVES
Cc cc-address@domain.com Specifies an additional recipient for all email notifications. From from-address@domain.com Specifies the sender of email notifications. Sendmail sendmail command and options Specifies the sendmail command to use when sending email notifications. Only one Sendmail or SMTPServer line may be present in the mailto.conf file. If multiple lines are present, only the last one is used. SMTPServer servername Specifies a SMTP server to send email notifications to. Only one Sendmail or SMTPServer line may be present in the mailto.conf file. If multiple lines are present, only the last one is used. Subject subject-prefix Specifies a prefix string for the subject line of an email notification. SEE ALSO
classes.conf(5), cupsd(8), cupsd.conf(5), mime.convs(5), mime.types(5), printers.conf(5), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 by Apple Inc. 12 July 2006 CUPS mailto.conf(5)