Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to list todays file in perticular folder? Post 302973078 by vbe on Friday 13th of May 2016 03:41:55 PM
Old 05-13-2016
Do you mind explaining us what makes you thing this question should be in this sub-forum?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

space in perticular folder in unix

can any one tell me how to know the free space in perticular folder in unix. size in bytes/MB. thanks in adv. spandu (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandu
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to get list of files of a perticular range of time

hi, how to list the files which has been created or accessed before 6 months thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a perticular character of all lines of a file

Hi all, I am new to UNIX, so sorry if my question seem stupid to u. well i want to replace the first character of first 30 lines of a file, only if the first character is h. and in anothe script i want to replace a particular string/character say hello/h of a file.Condition: It should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abovais
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List certain file in a folder and make list

Hi, im having problem that frustate me today. there are list of file in a folder that i want to grab the folder /subject/items/ in this folder there are this file CREATE_SUBxxxx.xml UPDATE_SUBxxxx.xml DELETE_SUBxxxx.xml loginresponsexxxxx.xml core how can i grab all the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrisetia
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list todays file

Hi Friends, How to list todays file from a directory listing of files for amny dates. I tried with the following options but not working : find . -name "esi01v*" -mtime 1 -ls find . -name "esi01v*" -ctime 1 -ls find . -name "esi01v*" -mtime 1 Please advise (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx100
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List/Range Todays Log.

Hi All, I am mediator Shell programmer, Just have an hands on experice :-), i am writing a shell scirpt to list logs of todays date from /var/log/messages. I need to ur kind help where if i run this script from cron. the script should filter todays logs only from /var/log/messages. Below... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.kulkarni
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get todays file name

Hi ! there can you please tell me how to get full files having today date like if i have files like this(below) , i want to grep only sra + today's date + what ever thing is there after date . grep `sra*$date*.csv` >>> i tried this one but its not working . sra28-08-2011xyz.csv... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravan008
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list todays and yesterdays .rej files from a directory?

I am trying to display todays and yesterdays .rej files from a directory. ls -lrt *.rej | grep 'Aug 12' ; ls -lrt *.rej | grep 'Aug 13' Which is working as above. But i want take 'Aug 12' and 'Aug 13' from a variable and the command should work everyday. I am able to get todays files by... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: GopalKrishnaP
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy all the contents of a list of files present in a folder to a particular file?

Hi All, I want to copy all the contents of a list of files in a folder to a particular file. i am using following command: cat dir/* >> newFile.txtIt's not working. Could you please help? Thanks, Pranav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pranav Bhasker
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the perticular fileds in passwd file

Hi I have 2 different password entries in 2 different files for the same user. file 1 - siva:correct:1000:23:siva:/home/siva:/bin/bash file 2 - siva:incorrect:1000:23:siva:/home/siva:/bin/bash file 1 is having correct passwd entry where as file 2 is wrong. Now, i want to compare... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
3 Replies
RMF(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)