Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add delimiter to a file from layout file Post 302973046 by pravin27 on Friday 13th of May 2016 07:14:55 AM
Old 05-13-2016
using perl
Code:
my $sourceFile="/v/global/user/b/bh/bharade/Programs/Forum_Scripts/Layout.txt";
my $targetFile="/v/global/user/b/bh/bharade/Programs/Forum_Scripts/abc.txt";

open(FH1,"$sourceFile") or die "$!\n";
open(FH2,"$targetFile") or die "$!\n";
my $i=1;
while  (<FH1>) {
  if (/(\d+)\:(\d+)/) {
    my $start=$1;
    my $end=$2;
    if ($. == 1) {
      if ( $start != 1) {
        my $newEnd=$start - 1;
        my $newStart=0;
        $hash{$i}=[$newStart,$newEnd];
        ++$i;
      }
    }
    $hash{$i}=[$start - 1,$end];
    ++$i;
  }
}
my $prevEnd=0;
while (<FH2>) {
  foreach ($j=1;$j<$i;$j++){
    if ( ($hash{$j}->[0] - $prevEnd ) > 1 ) {
      $gapstart=$hash{$j}->[0] - $prevEnd;
      $gapEnd=$hash{$j}->[0] - 1;
      print substr ($_,$gapstart,$gapstart),"~";
    }

print substr ($_,$hash{$j}->[0],$hash{$j}->[1] - $hash{$j}->[0] ),"~";
    $prevEnd = $hash{$j}->[1];
  }
  if (length($_) != $prevEnd ) {
    print substr ($_,$prevEnd);
  }
}

close (FH1);
close (FH2);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting file with more than one delimiter

Hi, I just wandering how to split a record which has more than one delimiter, i have a file which contains pattern as group separtor and ~ as field separtor, Ultimately I need consider even the groups as a field, So i need to make this multi-delimited file into ~ delimited file. My record... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting delimiter from a file.

hi, pls someone tell me how to extract delimiters from any file and pass it to a unix script.since, im a beginner in unix i find it little bit difficult.how to use awk to do this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshmit
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change delimiter in my file ?

Hi I have a file in which delimiter is ';' However if the delimiter is within "" it is a part of the string and not delimiter. How to get the fields ? I want to replace the delimiter ';' to '|'. The file contains data like this : 11111; “2222 2222”; “3333; 3333”; “4444 ""44444” The file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating delimiter file

#/bin/sh sysdate=`date +"%m/%d/%Y"` systime=`date +%r` ps_per=`lsps -s | nawk '{print $2+0}'|tail -1` ps_tot=`lsps -s | nawk '{print $1+0}'|tail -1` lcpu=`vmstat | nawk -F= '/lcpu/ {print $2+0}'` mem_tot=`vmstat | nawk -F= '/mem=/ {print $3+0}'` avm=`vmstat|awk '{print... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimiter in output file

Hello, I am trying to find the record count in a specific folder, Here is the part of the code =========================== STARTDATE=`date +"%y%m%d%H%M"` for i in `ls *.DAT` do wc -l $i >> /XYZ/SrcFiles/"Record_counts"$STARTDATE.csv ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanks
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File Delimiter

Hi All, I woul like to know with out opening a file in unix ,how we can find out what is the delemeter in that file... Thanks.. edit by bakunin: changed thread title to "delimiter" so it can be found. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju4u
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with changing text file layout

Hi there, I am with this one column input text file to change layout, please help. Thanks. I have awk, sed. $ cat input Median 1.0 2.3 3.0 Median 35.0 26.3 45.7 10.1 63.1 Median 1.2 2.3 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwzkevin
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to put delimiter for a no delimiter variable length text file

Hi, I have a No Delimiter variable length text file with following schema - Column Name Data length Firstname 5 Lastname 5 age 3 phoneno1 10 phoneno2 10 phoneno3 10 sample data - ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gaurav Martha
16 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting the folder name and file name after delimiter

Hi, I have a input /dev/cm/test1.txt /qa/tm/hmkr/cc/test2.txt and I need an out like below foldername, filename /dev/cm/,test1.txt /qa/tm/hmkr/cc/,test2.txt I tried with awk $NF, but I'm getting the filenames and not folder names. Please let me know how to achive the above... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: somu_june
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Code to change file delimiter (passed as argument) to bar delimiter

Hi, Extremely new to Perl scripting, but need a quick fix without using TEXT::CSV I need to read in a file, pass any delimiter as an argument, and convert it to bar delimited on the output. In addition, enclose fields within double quotes in case of any embedded delimiters. Any help would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPB1977
2 Replies
Tspi_Hash_SetHashValue(3)				     Library Functions Manual					 Tspi_Hash_SetHashValue(3)

TCG Software Stack Developer's Reference

NAME
Tspi_Hash_SetHashValue - Sets the hash value of a hash object for non-SHA1 hash objects. SYNOPSIS
#include <tss/platform.h> #include <tss/tcpa_defines.h> #include <tss/tcpa_typedef.h> #include <tss/tcpa_struct.h> #include <tss/tss_typedef.h> #include <tss/tss_structs.h> #include <tss/tspi.h> TSS_RESULT Tspi_Hash_SetHashValue(TSS_HHASH hHash, UINT32 ulHashValueLength, BYTE* rgbHashValue); DESCRIPTION
Tspi_Hash_SetHashValue sets the hash value of a hash object. If the object was created with the flag TSS_HASH_OTHER, then the hash identi- fier has to be set by calling Tspi_SetAttribData to perform the sign operation. PARAMETERS
hHash The handle to the hash object instance whose hash value should be signed. ulHashValueLength Indicates the length of the hash value data provided at the parameter rgbHashValue. rgbHashValue A pointer to the hash value data. RETURN CODES
Tspi_Hash_SetHashValue returns TSS_SUCCESS on success, otherwise one of the following values is returned: TSS_E_INVALID_HANDLE hHash is not a valid handle. TSS_E_INTERNAL_ERROR An internal SW error has been detected. TSS_E_BAD_PARAMETER One or more parameters is bad. TSS_E_HASH_INVALID_LENGTH Hash length is inconsistent with hash algorithm. TSS_E_HASH_NO_DATA Hash object has no internal hash value. CONFORMING TO
Tspi_Hash_SetHashValue conforms to the Trusted Computing Group Software Specification version 1.1 Golden SEE ALSO
Tspi_Hash_UpdateHash(3), Tspi_Hash_Sign(3), Tspi_Hash_GetHashValue(3). TSS 1.1 2004-05-25 Tspi_Hash_SetHashValue(3)