Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to store "scp" results in a database table? Post 302972975 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 12th of May 2016 09:54:32 AM
Old 05-12-2016
try:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
# you need to put the output somewhere: a variable

value=$( scp somefile somewhere:  || echo 'NOTOK')
if [ "$value" = "NOTOK" ] ; then 
    echo 'scp failed'
    exit 1
fi     
# add single quotes around the text
newval=$(printf "'%s'"  "$value")
sqlplus -s user/pswd@instance <<-EOF
insert into mytable 
(some_field_name)
  values
( $newval );
commit;  
EOF
exit

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk find in columns with "if then" statement and print results

I have a file1.txt file1.txt F-120009210","Felix","U-M-F-F-F-","white","yes","no","U-M-F-F-F-","Bristol","RI","true" F-120009213","Fluffy","U-F-","white","yes","no","M-F-","Warwick","RI","true" U-120009217","Lity","U-M-","grey","yes","yes","","Fall River","MA","true"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charles33
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store results in table

Hello everyone, I have a shell script, which connects to the database and runs .sql file. after executing of .sql file, i need to store the results in error table. How can i achieve this one? could you please give your suggestions. here is my code. #!/bin/sh #set -vx SCHEMA_NAME=$1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file containing ps results for a match "my.cnf" and then for a second match . "ok:" and

I need to find two matches in the output from ps. I am searching with ps -ef |grep mysql for: my.cnf /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --defaults-file=/data/mysql/master/agis_core/etc/my.cnf after this match I want to search back and match the hostname which is x number of lines back, above the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
2 Replies

8. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
cleanup_digikamdb(1)													      cleanup_digikamdb(1)

NAME
cleanup_digikamdb - Cleanup the digiKam databases to reduce their sizes and increase access speed SYNOPSIS
cleanup_digikamdb [-t] [-T] [-p] [-h] OPTIONS
-t Include thumbnail databases. -T Only cleanup thumbnail databases. -p path Specify a different database path. If this option is not set or the specified path is invalid, the entry from the configuration file will be used. -h Show command line options. DESCRIPTION
cleanup_digikamdb will cleanup and optimize the digiKam database file. This will, in most cases, lead to a smaller database file size and an increased access speed, because unneeded elements are removed from the database and data is optimized. The program will make sure that no instance of digiKam is running, because it is more safe to have no database access during the optimiza- tion process. It then will read the digiKam configuration file and determine the database location. In a final step the database will be optimized by invoking the sqlite command 'VACUUM;' on it. If more then one database is found in this location, cleanup_digikamdb will op- timize every database found in this path and below. For further explanation, see the following description of the VACUUM command from the sqlite3 website: When an object (table, index, or trigger) is dropped from the database, it leaves behind empty space. This empty space will be reused the next time new information is added to the database. But in the meantime, the database file might be larger than strictly necessary. Also, frequent inserts, updates, and deletes can cause the information in the database to become fragmented - scrattered out all across the data- base file rather than clustered together in one place. The VACUUM command cleans the main database by copying its contents to a temporary database file and reloading the original database file from the copy. This eliminates free pages, aligns table data to be contiguous, and otherwise cleans up the database file structure. AUTHOR
cleanup_digikamdb was written by Andi Clemens <andi dot clemens at googlemail dot com> cleanup_digikamdb 24 October 2011 cleanup_digikamdb(1)