Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Inserting a field without disturbing field separator on other fields Post 302972941 by pravin27 on Thursday 12th of May 2016 04:04:58 AM
Old 05-12-2016
You can modify your for loop as below.
Code:
for (i=2; i<=CNF+2; i++) {printf "%7s", T[i]; if ( i == 19) {printf "%7s", "2.979"}}

This User Gave Thanks to pravin27 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to include field separator if there are blank fields?

Hi, I have the following data in the format as shown (note: there are more than 1 blank spaces between each field and the spaces are not uniform, meaning there can be one blank space between field1 and field2 and 3 spaces between field3 and field4, in this example, # are the spaces in between... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ReV
19 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting on two fields time field and number field

Hi, I have a file that has data in it that says 00:01:48.233 1212 00:01:56.233 345 00:09:01.221 5678 00:12:23.321 93444 The file has more line than this but i just wanted to put in a snippet to ask how I would get the highest number with time stamp into another file. So from the above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat4519
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Field separator in awk

Hi I need to check if field separator I am using in awk statement is " : ", for example: TIME=12:59 HOUR=`echo "$TIME" | awk '{FS=":"; print $1}'` MINUTES=`echo "$TIME" | awk '{FS=":"; print $2}'` Is there a way to check within the above awk statement ? Thanks for help -A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, comma as field separator and text inside double quotes as a field.

Hi, all I need to get fields in a line that are separated by commas, some of the fields are enclosed with double quotes, and they are supposed to be treated as a single field even if there are commas inside the quotes. sample input: for this line, 5 fields are supposed to be extracted, they... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Field separator X'1F'

Hi, I have a flat file with fields separated by a X'1F' i have to fetch 4th field from second line. please help me how to achieve it. I tried with below command and its not working. cut -f4 -d`echo -e '\x1f'` filename.txt I am using SunOS. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohan10k
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo field separator

I am trying to echo all fields except for the last field. I want to include the field seperator, but it is removed. echo "a;s;v;g" | awk -F ";" '{$(NF--)=""; print}' a s v I want an output like this: a;s;v; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting a new field inbetween two exisitng field

I have a '|' delimited file. My file looks like below 23|nationalhoilday|feb12||||||||||||||california|northdistrict|| In the same way, each record has 164 fields. I have to insert one more field after the 85th field. Expected output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change field separator only from nth field until NF

Hi ! input: 111|222|333|aaa|bbb|ccc 999|888|777|nnn|kkk 444|666|555|eee|ttt|ooo|ppp With awk, I am trying to change the FS "|" to "; " only from the 4th field until the end (the number of fields vary between records). In order to get: 111|222|333|aaa; bbb; ccc 999|888|777|nnn; kkk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beca123456
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk field separator help -

Hi Experts , file : - How to construct the awk filed separator so that $1, $2 $3 , can be assigned to the each "" range. I am trying : awk -F"]" '{print $1}' but it is printing the entire file. Not first field. The desired output needed for first field... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Field separator

Hello All, I have a file, but I want to separate the file at a particular record with comma"," in the line Input file APPLE6SSAMSUNGS5PRICEPERPIECEDOLLAR600EACH010020340URX581949695US to Output file APPLE6S,SAMSUNGS5,PRICEPERPIECE,DOLLAR600EACH,010020340URX581949695,US This is for... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: m6248m
11 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)