Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [: 2016-02-29: integer expression expected Post 302972937 by znesotomayor on Thursday 12th of May 2016 03:40:48 AM
Old 05-12-2016
[: 2016-02-29: integer expression expected

Hi All,

Seeking for your assistance on my error encountered below. I think there's no problem on my script but i'm encountering integer expression expected. i already put double quote on my variable but still the same error i encountered.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

TASKDATE=2016-02-10
VSQL_F="connect"

dProcDate=`${VSQL_F} <<-EOF
SELECT LAST_DAY('$TASKDATE') AS dProcDate FROM DUAL;
EOF`

dCurrent=`${VSQL_F} <<-EOF
SELECT LAST_DAY(SYSDATE) AS dCurrent FROM DUAL;
EOF`

dProcDate2=`${VSQL_F} <<-EOF
SELECT LAST_DAY(ADD_MONTHS(SYSDATE,-1)) AS dProcDate FROM DUAL;
EOF`

if [ "$dProcDate" -lt "$dCurrent" ]; then
$dProcDate
else
$dProcDate2
fi

echo $TASKDATE
echo $dProcDate
echo $dCurrent
echo $dProcDate2

Code:
Error encountered:
jpv2.sh: line 18: [: 2016-02-29: integer expression expected
jpv2.sh: line 21: 2016-04-30: command not found
2016-02-10
2016-02-29
2016-05-31
2016-04-30

please advise,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer Expression Expected

Cannot figure out what the error is on line #10 I was trying to change my login prompt though I've success with that this shows up as well. Here's what I have (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moonunit
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

:integer expression expected

Hi, echo $i until || do read NUM if && ; then printf "$FBOLD\nInvalid number, please enter valid backup number: $FREG" fi done Getting below error : ./import_location.sh: line 234: [: : integer expression expected ./import_location.sh: line 234: [: :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Integer Expression Expected!?!?

Ok, so I am beggining a script to factor the time difference from when a user logs on to current time but before I can even get too far I am getting the INTEGER EXPRESSION EXPECTED error. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? lhour=$(who | grep "$1" | cut -c30,31); lmin=$(who | grep "$1"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: losingit
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected

Newb here echo "$yesterdaysclose" echo "$close" if ; then echo "stocks moving up" elif ; then echo "stock is moving down" else echo "no change" fi seems to evaluate the floating decimal correctly however returns ./shellscript1.sh: line 17: [: : integer expression expected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harte
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi Guys, when i run the below script its showing error "integer expression expected" script pasted below: #!/bin/sh for i in {1..$2} do if then scp server1:/root/file.2012-$1-0$i . else scp server1:/root/file.2012-$1-$i . fi done (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga39
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I have placed the script and running successfully on AIX However in Linux it throws integer expression expected Could some one please help me to fix this MaxThreshold4alert=`echo "$MaxCapacitycnt*(80/100)" |bc -l` echo $MaxThreshold4alert Error: 40.00000000000000000000: integer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajothi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need some help with this if but then it says line 11: I don't know what I'm doing wrong (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: margg
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I am getting the below error while comparing the month of a file to current month. I am using ls -lrth to get the month of that file and while using the if else condition i am getting the below error.. a1=`ls -lrth abc.txt | awk '{print substr($6,1,3)}'` This gives me the month from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hello , This is the piece of the code which is giving me trouble if ;then exit_proc "${SOURCEDIR}/${OUT_FILE} does not exists or not readable" 2 else word_count=`wc -l < ${SOURCEDIR}/$OUT_FILE` fi if ;then exit_proc "Word_count is more than allowed limit" 1 else... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sri3001
6 Replies
OPENPAM_READWORD(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 				       OPENPAM_READWORD(3)

NAME
openpam_readword -- read a word from a file, respecting shell quoting rules LIBRARY
Pluggable Authentication Module Library (libpam, -lpam) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <security/pam_appl.h> #include <security/openpam.h> char * openpam_readword(FILE *f, int *lineno, size_t *lenp); DESCRIPTION
The openpam_readword() function reads the next word from a file, and returns it in a NUL-terminated buffer allocated with malloc(3). A word is a sequence of non-whitespace characters. However, whitespace characters can be included in a word if quoted or escaped according to the following rules: o An unescaped single or double quote introduces a quoted string, which ends when the same quote character is encountered a second time. The quotes themselves are stripped. o Within a single- or double-quoted string, all whitespace characters, including the newline character, are preserved as-is. o Outside a quoted string, a backslash escapes the next character, which is preserved as-is, unless that character is a newline, in which case it is discarded and reading continues at the beginning of the next line as if the backslash and newline had not been there. In all cases, the backslash itself is discarded. o Within a single-quoted string, double quotes and backslashes are preserved as-is. o Within a double-quoted string, a single quote is preserved as-is, and a backslash is preserved as-is unless used to escape a double quote. In addition, if the first non-whitespace character on the line is a hash character (#), the rest of the line is discarded. If a hash charac- ter occurs within a word, however, it is preserved as-is. A backslash at the end of a comment does cause line continuation. If lineno is not NULL, the integer variable it points to is incremented every time a quoted or escaped newline character is read. If lenp is not NULL, the length of the word (after quotes and backslashes have been removed) is stored in the variable it points to. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the openpam_readword() function returns a pointer to a dynamically allocated NUL-terminated string containing the first word encountered on the line. The caller is responsible for releasing the returned buffer by passing it to free(3). If openpam_readword() reaches the end of the line or file before any characters are copied to the word, it returns NULL. In the former case, the newline is pushed back to the file. If openpam_readword() reaches the end of the file while a quote or backslash escape is in effect, it sets errno to EINVAL and returns NULL. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
The parsing rules are intended to be equivalent to the normal POSIX shell quoting rules. Any discrepancy is a bug and should be reported to the author along with sample input that can be used to reproduce the error. SEE ALSO
openpam_readline(3), openpam_readlinev(3), pam(3) STANDARDS
The openpam_readword() function is an OpenPAM extension. AUTHORS
The openpam_readword() function and this manual page were developed by Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@des.no>. BSD
September 12, 2014 BSD