Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Do Linux "Sleep Mode" Problems Happen on UNIX? Post 302972903 by vbe on Wednesday 11th of May 2016 01:02:12 PM
Old 05-11-2016
I dont remember having issues with my (old ) solaris workstation but then, it was sparc...

mac OSX: would depend how or more what was left running before you sent it to sleep -
Not a good idea to leave opera running with 2 few windows and many tabs for hours or yes it would be running out of memory and "freeze" if you want... otherwise never had that issue... and my mac is rebooted once-twice a week, it can stany sleeping up to 15 hours...

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands on Digital Unix equivalent to for "top" and "sar" on other Unix flavour

Hi, We have a DEC Alpha 4100 Server with OSF1 Digital Unix 4.0. Can any one tell me, if there are any commands on this Unix which are equivalent to "top" and "sar" on HP-UX or Sun Solaris ? I am particularly interested in knowing the CPU Load, what process is running on which CPU, etc. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sameerdes
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problems with "cp" (reliant unix 5.43)

Hi, I've got a problem with the copy - command (reliant unix 5.43). It appears to me rather difficult to copy large amount of data. A command like "cp *.jpg" is simply refused. Does anybody know something about such a kind of restriction? Something like ... only 256 files could be copied at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sysadv
2 Replies
BOOTPC(8)						      Debian GNU/Linux Manual							 BOOTPC(8)

NAME
bootpc - bootp client SYNOPSIS
bootpc [--bootfile file] [--dev device] [--verbose] [--debug] [--server addr] [--hwaddr addr] [--returniffail] [--waitformore length] [--in2host addr] [--serverbcast] [--help] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the bootpc command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution (but may be used by others), because the original program does not have a manual page. bootpc is a boot protocol client used to grab the machine's IP address, set up DNS nameservers and other useful information. OPTIONS
--bootfile file Tell the server to use file as the boot file. --dev device Use device to communicate with the server. --verbose Be verbose. --debug Produce debugging output. --server addr Use the IP address addr to communicate with the server. --hwaddr addr Use addr as our hardware address rather than what the operating system gives us. --returniffail Terminate the program if a failure occurs. By default bootpc will ask the user to press a key if the request did not succeed. --waitformore length Wait for more responses when one is received. bootpc will wait for at most length seconds. This is probably only useful for debug- ging. --in2host addr Takes an address and returns useful bits of the name after lookup, this was a separate program, but it is more compact to have both together. --serverbcast Tell the server to send back a broadcast reply. This is necessary on Linux 2.1 and 2.2. --help Display the usage of bootpc. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Herbert Xu <herbert@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). BOOTPC
1999 March 21st BOOTPC(8)