Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove carriage return and append the next line Post 302972899 by RudiC on Wednesday 11th of May 2016 12:28:00 PM
Old 05-11-2016
What be the actual lengths of your lines?
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove a carriage return at end of variable

Is there a command in unix to remove a carriage return character(^M) at the end of a variable value? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagship99
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To remove carriage return between the line

Hi, I have a situation where I need to remove the carriage return between the lines. For.eg. The input file: 1,ad,"adc sdfd",edf 2,asd,"def fde",asd The output file should be 1,ad,adc sdfd,edf 2,asd,def fde,asd Thanks Shash (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

strip carriage return & append next line

Hello everyone, I am trying to search a file for lines that start with 'ip:' and have a carriage return after(ip:$). I then want to remove the carriage return from that line and append the next line in the file to the line containing 'ip'. I tried doing this with SED, but had no luck. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vada010
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus returning value - remove carriage return '\r' - Please help

Guys - Simple code, i am trying to get a number back from sqlplus call to a query. After that, i need to use that number in a loop. --------------------------------- #!/bin/ksh VALUE=`sqlplus -silent sh/password@sh <<END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off select... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunshine1974
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove ^M (carriage return) with string manipulation

Hello, I want remove ^M at end of my files line if I use command : tr -d '\r' <inp>out it work fine but get I the same result by manipulating the string ? I want this because in my text file I manipulate some other part I have input "the cat^M" I want output "the cat" I have made... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aquila_1
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove carriage return in a record

Hi all gurus, I need help in removing carriage return existed within a record delimited by pipe <|>. Sample: A_01|Test1|Testing1|Remarks1 A_02|Test2|Test ing2|Remarks2 A_03|Test3|Testing3| Remarks3 Desire output: A_01|Test1|Testing1|Remarks1 A_02|Test2|Testing2|Remarks2... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: agathaeleanor
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to remove carriage return from 65th field

Hi, I have a pipe delimited file. There are around 700 columns in the file. The 65th column has carriage return which is causing read issue with our ETL process. I would like to replace the new line characters in 65th field with "nothing" i have return the following code and need help to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove carriage return from the variable

Hi, I try to handle very large numbers with a bash script. I run ssh command in a remote server and store the output in a local variable. But this output contains a return carriage at the end. So I try to remove it by tr But I can't figure out the right notation with printf. So my problem... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meacham12
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove carriage return

I need to remove the carriage return comes inbetween the record. Need to have CR only at the end. I used the below command. tr -d '\n' < filewithcarriagereturns > filewithoutcarriagereturns But its removing all the CR and giving one line output. Input File: 12345 abcdegh... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: srvn_saru
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Carriage Return (CRLF) within double quotes

How to remove Carriage Return (CRLF) within double quotes in a file. There are multiple CRLFs within double quotes. We are on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS. The file that we are importing is a csv file from unix to windows and the file was formatted to unix2dos. Therefore all lines in the file all have... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: covina
12 Replies
MYSQLI_FETCH_LENGTHS(3) 						 1						   MYSQLI_FETCH_LENGTHS(3)

mysqli_result::$lengths - Returns the lengths of the columns of the current row in the result set

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
array$mysqli_result->lengths () DESCRIPTION
Procedural style array mysqli_fetch_lengths (mysqli_result $result) The mysqli_fetch_lengths(3) function returns an array containing the lengths of every column of the current row within the result set. PARAMETERS
o $ result -Procedural style only: A result set identifier returned by mysqli_query(3), mysqli_store_result(3) or mysqli_use_result(3). RETURN VALUES
An array of integers representing the size of each column (not including any terminating null characters). FALSE if an error occurred. mysqli_fetch_lengths(3) is valid only for the current row of the result set. It returns FALSE if you call it before calling mysqli_fetch_row/array/object or after retrieving all rows in the result. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php $mysqli = new mysqli("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "world"); /* check connection */ if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } $query = "SELECT * from Country ORDER BY Code LIMIT 1"; if ($result = $mysqli->query($query)) { $row = $result->fetch_row(); /* display column lengths */ foreach ($result->lengths as $i => $val) { printf("Field %2d has Length %2d ", $i+1, $val); } $result->close(); } /* close connection */ $mysqli->close(); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php $link = mysqli_connect("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "world"); /* check connection */ if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } $query = "SELECT * from Country ORDER BY Code LIMIT 1"; if ($result = mysqli_query($link, $query)) { $row = mysqli_fetch_row($result); /* display column lengths */ foreach (mysqli_fetch_lengths($result) as $i => $val) { printf("Field %2d has Length %2d ", $i+1, $val); } mysqli_free_result($result); } /* close connection */ mysqli_close($link); ?> The above examples will output: Field 1 has Length 3 Field 2 has Length 5 Field 3 has Length 13 Field 4 has Length 9 Field 5 has Length 6 Field 6 has Length 1 Field 7 has Length 6 Field 8 has Length 4 Field 9 has Length 6 Field 10 has Length 6 Field 11 has Length 5 Field 12 has Length 44 Field 13 has Length 7 Field 14 has Length 3 Field 15 has Length 2 PHP Documentation Group MYSQLI_FETCH_LENGTHS(3)