Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Look for substrings with special characters Post 302972805 by RudiC on Wednesday 11th of May 2016 02:15:21 AM
Old 05-11-2016
What are the special chars? And why is rwerq5555525525 in your desired output?
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

special characters

I have one file which is named ^? ( the DEL character ) I'd like to know how to rename or copy the file by using its i-node number TYIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nawnaw
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to see special characters in a file using vi

Hi, I have a file which has special characters. I can't see them when I "vi" the file. But I am sure there are some special un seen characters. How can I see them? Please help. Thx (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

validation against special characters

I have a criteria like bloew. user entered the uid like <START_UID>-<END_UID> it menas if he enter 00001-12345 START_UID=00001 and END_UID=12345 both are separated by `-`. I need to validate whether user entered uids like above, he should have to enter '-', otherwise error msg has to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special characters

When I open a file in vi, I see the following characters: \302\240 Can someone explain what these characters mean. Is it ASCII format? I need to trim those characters from a file. I am doing the following: tr -d '\302\240' ---------- Post updated at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sid1982
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to see special characters?

Hi all, I was wondering how can i see the special characters like \t, \n or anything else in a file by using Nano or any other linux command like less, more etc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

special characters

Hey guys, I'm trying to replace "]Facebook" from the text but sed 's/]Facebook/Johan/g' is not working could you please help me with that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters

I have a line ending with special character and 0 The special character is the field separator for this line in VI mode the file will look like below, but while cat the special character wont display i know the hexa code for the special character ^_ is \x1f and ascii code is \0037, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with special Characters

Need Help For GREP I have a file say g1.txt and content of file is below REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v NoDrives /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f , REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v NoClose /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f ,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalpasoni
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove special characters?

Hi Gurus, I have file which contains some unicode charachator like "ü". I want to replace it with some charactors. I searched in internet and got command sed "s/ü/-/g", but I don't know how to type ü in unix command line. Please help me for this one. Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
7 Replies
Term::Size::Any(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Term::Size::Any(3pm)

NAME
Term::Size::Any - Retrieve terminal size SYNOPSIS
# the traditional way use Term::Size::Any qw( chars pixels ); ($columns, $rows) = chars *STDOUT{IO}; ($x, $y) = pixels; DESCRIPTION
This is a unified interface to retrieve terminal size. It loads one module of a list of known alternatives, each implementing some way to get the desired terminal information. This loaded module will actually do the job on behalf of "Term::Size::Any". Thus, "Term::Size::Any" depends on the availability of one of these modules: Term::Size (soon to be supported) Term::Size::Perl Term::Size::ReadKey (soon to be supported) Term::Size::Win32 This release fallbacks to Term::Size::Win32 if running in Windows 32 systems. For other platforms, it uses the first of Term::Size::Perl, Term::Size or Term::Size::ReadKey which loads successfully. (To be honest, I disabled the fallback to Term::Size and Term::Size::ReadKey which are buggy by now.) FUNCTIONS The traditional interface is by importing functions "chars" and "pixels" into the caller's space. chars ($columns, $rows) = chars($h); $columns = chars($h); "chars" returns the terminal size in units of characters corresponding to the given filehandle $h. If the argument is omitted, *STDIN{IO} is used. In scalar context, it returns the terminal width. pixels ($x, $y) = pixels($h); $x = pixels($h); "pixels" returns the terminal size in units of pixels corresponding to the given filehandle $h. If the argument is omitted, *STDIN{IO} is used. In scalar context, it returns the terminal width. Many systems with character-only terminals will return "(0, 0)". SEE ALSO
It all began with Term::Size by Tim Goodwin. You may want to have a look at: Term::Size Term::Size::Perl Term::Size::Win32 Term::Size::ReadKey BUGS
Please reports bugs via CPAN RT, via web http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=Term-Size-Any or e-mail to bug-Term-Size-Any@rt.cpan.org. AUTHOR
Adriano R. Ferreira, <ferreira@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2008 by Adriano R. Ferreira This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-21 Term::Size::Any(3pm)