Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Python passing multiple parameters to functions Post 302972610 by ctrld on Monday 9th of May 2016 02:35:47 AM
Old 05-09-2016
Thanks Rudic.

If I create a function I need to return several values. I think that would not look nice. Probably I would do that only as calling the function with the array also would be just like what I have written already.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing command line parameters to functions - sh

All, I have a sh script of the following tune: function a () { #functionality.. } function b () { #functionnlity.. } function check () { # this function checks for env and if all fine call build } function usage () { #sh usage details } function build () { #calls either a or b or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arrays between functions

Hi, I have a function that hold 3 arrayies. I need to pass them to another function as an input, for further use Could you please explain how to do that. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing multiple files as parameters

hi all i am etl guy i have shell script that i use to do processing on file. the problem is that i want it to use on multiple files at same time is there any way of passing the file name since my all my filename start with samename like abc* p,ease let me know (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_zeeshan05
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the List of functions with modified parameters

Hi I have 2 files a.c and a.bak where I changed long to int using awk script. I want to get the list of functions whose parameters got modified for eg: fun ( long a, long b ) might be changed to fun ( int a, int b ) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - passing hash references to functions

hi there I have the following script in which i have created a PrintHash() function. I want to pass to this function the reference to a hash (in the final code i will be passing different hashes to this print function hence the need for a function). I am getting an error Type of arg 1 to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling parameters in Shell Functions

Hi, Please help me with the below situation where I have to handle the parameters passed to a function in a unique way. Below is the code, which I am trying to execute. I basically want to pass the parameter to a function, where I am trying to get user input into array(s). I want to name... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on passing multiple parameters in if

Hi All, My target is to find the list of orphan processes running and i issue the below command with some exception ids. ps -ef | egrep -v "root|system|admin" | awk '{if ($3 == 1) print $1",\t"$2",\t"$3}' but this will exclude the process having the word 'root' and executing under different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass parameters to a function and running functions in parallel

Hi , I have a script which is using a text file as I/P. I want a code where it reads n lines from this file and pass the parameters to a function and now this script should run in such a way where a function can be called in parallel with different parameters. Please find below my script, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh While Loop - passing variables to functions

I'm reading a text file using a while loop but when I call a function from within this loop it exits that same iteration … even though there are many more lines in the file to be read. I thought it was something to do with the IFS setting but it appears that a function call (when run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user052009
3 Replies
PYTHON-MKDEBIAN(1)						   User Commands						PYTHON-MKDEBIAN(1)

NAME
python-mkdebian - Generate a suitable Debian source package for a standard distutils application SYNOPSIS
python-mkdebian [options] DESCRIPTION
This script generates a reasonably Debian Policy compliant Debian source package for a Python application that uses distutils properly. It assumes that there are no public Python modules, and generates just a single application binary package. Information is taken from setup.py's generated .egg-info file: author, project name, description, version, upstream source, license, and required and provided Python modules (which are translated to Debian python library package names, and automatically added as package dependencies). It generates a simple cdbs/python-support rules file. python-mkdebian was designed to be used with the DistUtilsExtra.auto module, which calculates required Python dependencies automatically. However, it makes no explicit assumptions about DistUtilsExtra, so if setup.py has complete information it will work with any distutils setup. OPTIONS
--force-control=FORCE_CONTROL Force control file behaviour. Can be one of "none" (keep unchanged), "deps" (only update dependencies), or "full" (recreate whole file). By default only dependencies will be updated ("deps"). --force-copyright Force whole copyright file to be recreated. By default it will not touch an already existing copyright file, so that you can custom- ize them. --force-rules Force whole rules file to be recreated. By default it will not touch an already existing rules file, so that you can customize them. --changelog=CHANGELOG Add changelog entry to debian/changelog (can be specified multiple times) --dependency=PACKAGENAME Add additional debian package dependency (can be specified multiple times) --prefix=PREFIX Ask for installing all your modules in the dedicated PREFIX (default is /usr) --version Show program's version number and exit -h, --help Show this help message and exit SEE ALSO
Python help for the distutils module AUTHOR
python-mkdebian is developed by Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@ubuntu.com>. python-mkdebian May 2010 PYTHON-MKDEBIAN(1)