Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Python passing multiple parameters to functions Post 302972610 by ctrld on Monday 9th of May 2016 02:35:47 AM
Old 05-09-2016
Thanks Rudic.

If I create a function I need to return several values. I think that would not look nice. Probably I would do that only as calling the function with the array also would be just like what I have written already.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing command line parameters to functions - sh

All, I have a sh script of the following tune: function a () { #functionality.. } function b () { #functionnlity.. } function check () { # this function checks for env and if all fine call build } function usage () { #sh usage details } function build () { #calls either a or b or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arrays between functions

Hi, I have a function that hold 3 arrayies. I need to pass them to another function as an input, for further use Could you please explain how to do that. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing multiple files as parameters

hi all i am etl guy i have shell script that i use to do processing on file. the problem is that i want it to use on multiple files at same time is there any way of passing the file name since my all my filename start with samename like abc* p,ease let me know (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_zeeshan05
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the List of functions with modified parameters

Hi I have 2 files a.c and a.bak where I changed long to int using awk script. I want to get the list of functions whose parameters got modified for eg: fun ( long a, long b ) might be changed to fun ( int a, int b ) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - passing hash references to functions

hi there I have the following script in which i have created a PrintHash() function. I want to pass to this function the reference to a hash (in the final code i will be passing different hashes to this print function hence the need for a function). I am getting an error Type of arg 1 to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling parameters in Shell Functions

Hi, Please help me with the below situation where I have to handle the parameters passed to a function in a unique way. Below is the code, which I am trying to execute. I basically want to pass the parameter to a function, where I am trying to get user input into array(s). I want to name... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on passing multiple parameters in if

Hi All, My target is to find the list of orphan processes running and i issue the below command with some exception ids. ps -ef | egrep -v "root|system|admin" | awk '{if ($3 == 1) print $1",\t"$2",\t"$3}' but this will exclude the process having the word 'root' and executing under different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass parameters to a function and running functions in parallel

Hi , I have a script which is using a text file as I/P. I want a code where it reads n lines from this file and pass the parameters to a function and now this script should run in such a way where a function can be called in parallel with different parameters. Please find below my script, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh While Loop - passing variables to functions

I'm reading a text file using a while loop but when I call a function from within this loop it exits that same iteration … even though there are many more lines in the file to be read. I thought it was something to do with the IFS setting but it appears that a function call (when run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user052009
3 Replies
DH_PYTHON(1)							     Debhelper							      DH_PYTHON(1)

NAME
dh_python - calculates Python dependencies and adds postinst and prerm Python scripts (deprecated) SYNOPSIS
dh_python [debhelperoptions] [-n] [-V version] [moduledirs...] DESCRIPTION
Note: This program is deprecated. You should use dh_python2 instead. This program will do nothing if debian/pycompat or a Python-Version control file field exists. dh_python is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating the ${python:Depends} substitutions and adding them to substvars files. It will also add a postinst and a prerm script if required. The program will look at Python scripts and modules in your package, and will use this information to generate a dependency on python, with the current major version, or on pythonX.Y if your scripts or modules need a specific python version. The dependency will be substituted into your package's control file wherever you place the token ${python:Depends}. If some modules need to be byte-compiled at install time, appropriate postinst and prerm scripts will be generated. If already byte- compiled modules are found, they are removed. If you use this program, your package should build-depend on python. OPTIONS
module dirs If your package installs Python modules in non-standard directories, you can make dh_python check those directories by passing their names on the command line. By default, it will check /usr/lib/site-python, /usr/lib/$PACKAGE, /usr/share/$PACKAGE, /usr/lib/games/$PACKAGE, /usr/share/games/$PACKAGE and /usr/lib/python?.?/site-packages. Note: only /usr/lib/site-python, /usr/lib/python?.?/site-packages and the extra names on the command line are searched for binary (.so) modules. -V version If the .py files your package ships are meant to be used by a specific pythonX.Y version, you can use this option to specify the desired version, such as 2.3. Do not use if you ship modules in /usr/lib/site-python. -n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/prerm scripts. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.5.7 Python policy, version 0.3.7 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> most ideas stolen from Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org> 9.20120909 2011-12-06 DH_PYTHON(1)