Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux process exit
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linux process exit Post 302972461 by Corona688 on Thursday 5th of May 2016 03:54:57 PM
Old 05-05-2016
Rephrase, please? I don't think that translated.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exit from telnet kills orbix process

Hi, I'm using a bourne shell to kick off a 3rd Pty app. This app uses Orbix. When I exit from the telnet session which started the app or hit CTRL-C at the command line, the orbix process dies, yet all other process remain. I've tried starting the app as a background process, but it still... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edgarm
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

way to exit a infinite process

There is a sh file called "agg.sh", this is a kind of negative scenario, this script would fail as expected, but the problem is that after executing the script the following o/p is displayed continuosly without returning the control.We have to press "crtrl+c" to exit the script. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: villain41
3 Replies

3. Programming

Why does my child process not exit?

Im sure it has something to do with the wait() call, but everything ive tried either leaves me with a zombie or with the exec executing indefinitely. switch(pid = fork()) { case -1:perror("fork failed"); exit(1); case 0: if(key == "cd") { execl("/bin/cd", "cd",... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: p00ndawg
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Track Child process exit

hi, I have a job that spawns multiple child processes in background.. Catch is i want to wait for some jobs to finish before i spawn more background processes. (each job creates a file and deletes at the end of it . so i don't want start new jobs after x amount of disk size is used up) now,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak_saravanan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

process and exit to new page

File1 --> into shell file for processing --> file2 I have finished the work on my shell processing script, but I need to call this from a form -->cgi-bin, have the form wait/process bar while processing occurs (5-10 seconds) and then have the shell exit gracefully while transferring to the new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba_frog
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to exit status of a piped process ???

Hi, I've searched the related threads both in this forum and others in google and found the solution to be working too in most of the places. But somehow it's not working for me. $cmd | tee -a $LOGFILE & pid=$! wait ${pid} ret=$? echo "$ret" I want the exit status of the $cmd.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwini.engr07
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH Process monitoring and Exit Status evaluation

Hi All, I have a peculiar requirement as follows, I have a some hosts on which i have to run a script, so i am using the following code piece for i in $HOSTLIST do ssh ${i} "~/task.sh" done Now i want to run this same thing in parallel on all the hosts and then monitor the ssh process... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mihirvora16
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

JBOSS process quits on shell exit

I decided to add this here as it's related to bash (IMHO) and not necessarily to JBOSS. The problem started happening a few weeks ago on some of the test systems that I have. When I exit my shell (putty) it hangs forcing me to close the window, which then also stops the JBOSS server. I did not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorbrca
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Catch exit code of specific background process

Hi all, i hava a specific backgroud process. I have de PID of this process. At some time, the process finish his job, is there any way to catch the exit code? I use "echo $?" normally for commands. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xedrox
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Exit() system call verses process signals

Hello and thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer me I've been reading up on process signal calls (sighup, sigint, sigkill & sigterm) and I understand they all have different methods of terminating a running process. From what I've also read is a exit() actually terminates a process. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bodisha
2 Replies
DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)					      Debconf						  DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)

NAME
debconf-mergetemplate - merge together multiple debconf template files SYNOPSIS
debconf-mergetemplate [options] [templates.ll ...] templates DESCRIPTION
Note: This utility is deprecated. You should switch to using po-debconf's po2debconf program. This program is useful if you have multiple debconf templates files which you want to merge together into one big file. All the specified files will be read in, merged, and output to standard output. This can be especially useful if you are dealing with translated template files. In this case, you might have your main template file, plus several other files provided by the translators. These files will have translated fields in them, and maybe the translators left in the english versions of the fields they translated, for their reference. So, you want to merge together all the translated templates files with your main templates file. Any fields that are unique to the translated files need to be added in to the correct templates, but any fields they have in common should be superseded by the fields in the main file (which might be more up-to-date). This program handles that case properly, just list each of the translated templates files, and then your main templates file last. OPTIONS
--outdated Merge in even outdated translations. The default is to drop them with a warning message. --drop-old-templates If a translation has an entire template that is not in the master file (and thus is probably an old template), drop that entire template. SEE ALSO
debconf-getlang(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2012-09-10 DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)