Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Performance issue to read line by line Post 302972401 by balu1729 on Thursday 5th of May 2016 02:12:22 AM
Old 05-05-2016
Thanks Don- Will check the performance and update you.

I am also looking to write in one line code something like below..

Code:
cat test2.tlog | awk 'BEGIN { record_type=${record%"${record#????}"}; 
if (record_type == 1111) {a1=100; a2=0; a3=0; a4=0; a5=0; a6=0; a7=0;a8=0; a9=0} 
if (record_type == 2222) {a2=$(( a2 + 1 )); a3=$(( a3 + 2))} 
else printf $line_no$a1....$9;
printf $line_no$a1....$9
}' >> test1_all_data.log

Kindly let me know if you have any suggestions on this.

---------- Post updated at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:41 AM ----------

Thanks a lot Don for your support...

My initial script took around 21 min 35 sec, with the new code it is taking 15 sec.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 05-05-2016 at 03:11 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: read file line by line (lines have '\0') - not full line has read???

I am using the while-loop to read a file. The file has lines with null-terminated strings (words, actually.) What I have by that reading - just a first word up to '\0'! I need to have whole string up to 'new line' - (LF, 10#10, 16#A) What I am doing wrong? #make file 'grb' with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop read line Issue

Hi I am using while loop, below, to read lines from a very large file, around 400,000 rows. The script works fine until around line 300k but then starts giving incorrect result. I have tried running the script with a smaller data set and it works fine. I made sure to include the line where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhkumar198
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi Line 'While Read' command issue when using sh -c

Hi, I'm trying to run the following command using sh -c ie sh -c "while read EachLine do rm -f $EachLine ; done < file_list.lst;" It doesn't seem to do anything. When I run this at the command line, it does remove the files contained in the list so i know the command works ie... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrispward
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

while read LINE issue

Hi, This is the script and the error I am receiving Can anyone please suggest ? For the exmaple below assume we are using vg01 #!/bin/ksh echo "##### Max Mount Count Fixer #####" echo "Please insert Volume Group name to check" read VG lvs |grep $VG | awk {'print $1'} > /tmp/audit.log ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: galuzan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the contents of two files line by line and compare the line by line?

Hi All, I'm trying to figure out which are the trusted-ips and which are not using a script file.. I have a file named 'ip-list.txt' which contains some ip addresses and another file named 'trusted-ip-list.txt' which also contains some ip addresses. I want to read a line from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file line by line and compare subset of 1st line with 2nd?

Hi all, I have a log file say Test.log that gets updated continuously and it has data in pipe separated format. A sample log file would look like: <date1>|<data1>|<url1>|<result1> <date2>|<data2>|<url2>|<result2> <date3>|<data3>|<url3>|<result3> <date4>|<data4>|<url4>|<result4> What I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read line, issue with leading - and {}'s

Heyas With my forum search term 'issue with leading dash' i found 2 closed threads which sadly didnt help me. Also me was to eager to add the script, that i didnt properly test, and just now figured this issue. So i have this code: if ] then while read line do line="${line/-/'\-'}"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] read 'line' issue with leading tabs and virtual line breaks

Heyas I'm trying to read/display a file its content and put borders around it (tui-cat / tui-cat -t(ypwriter). The typewriter-part is a 'bonus' but still has its own flaws, but thats for later. So in some way, i'm trying to rewrite cat using bash and other commands. But sadly it fails on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue - to read line by line

All- We have a performance issue in reading a file line by line. Please find attached scripts for the same. Currently it is taking some 45 min to parse "512444" lines. Could you please have a look at it and provide any suggestions to improve the performance. Thanks, Balu ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1729
12 Replies
PCLOCK(1)						      General Commands Manual							 PCLOCK(1)

NAME
pclock - pixmap clock SYNOPSIS
pclock [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pclock command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. pclock is a program that places a small analog clock program on the desktop of X. It was designed to run under the WindowMaker window man- ager. It uses any 64x64 pixmap as a background. OPTIONS
The programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-') and short optoins starting with one dash. A summary of options is included below. -B PIXMAP, --background=PIXMAP Use the given pixmap as the clock background (size must be 64x64). -H COLOR, --hands-color=COLOR Draw the hands (hour, minute and second) in the specified color. -S COLOR, --second-hand-color Draw the second hand in the specified color -h, --help Show summary of options. --hour-hand-length=INT Draw the hour hand with the specified length of INT. --minute-hand-length=INT Draw the minute hand with the specified length of INT. --second-hand-length=INT Draw the second hand with the specified length of INT. --second-hand-width=INT Draw the minute hand with the specified width of INT. -s, --second-hand Don't display the second hand. -v, --version Show version of program. -w, --withdrawn Don't start up in a withdrawn (iconic) state. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Darren Benham <gecko@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). The soft- ware is copyrighted (c) 1998 by and released under the GPL v2. Author: Alexander Kourakos <Alexander@Kourakos.com> Web: http://www.kourakos.com/~awk/pclock/ PCLOCK(1)