Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How Create new directory and move files to that directory.? Post 302972128 by ROCK_PLSQL on Monday 2nd of May 2016 03:18:24 AM
Old 05-02-2016
Hi ,

I have tried this but its not working getting error.

Code:
mkdir procedure
find . -name "*.sql"  -exec grep -l 'procedure' {} \; | mv {} /head/procedure

Thanks

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags as required by forum rules!

---------- Post updated at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:32 PM ----------

Hi,

Please help me.

Thanks

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Don't bump up posts!

Last edited by RudiC; 05-02-2016 at 04:35 AM.. Reason: Added code tags.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move all files in a directory tree to a signal directory?

Is this possible? Let me know If I need specify further on what I am trying to do- I just want to spare you the boring details of my personal file management. Thanks in advance- Brian- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move a file from windows directory to unix directory

Move a file from windows directory to unix directory, is this possible? if it is, can someone help me on this? Thanks! God bless! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move the latest or older File from one directory to another Directory

I Need help for one requirement, I want to move the latest/Older file in the folder to another file. File have the datetimestamp in postfix. Example: Source Directory : \a destination Directory : \a\b File1 : xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt (xy_032120101456.txt) File2: xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pp_ayyanar
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to move files between 2 dates from one directory to another

Hi All, I am coding for a requirement where I need to move files (filename.yymmdd) from one directory(A) to another(B) based on 2 date fields in a paramtere file. (Paramfile.txt) For e.g: In Paramfile.txt, BUS_DT =20120612 SUB_DT =20120602 In this case, i need to move all the files... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip all files in a directory and move to another directory

Hi, need to zip all files in a directory and move to another directory after the zip.. i am using this one but didnt help me... zip -r my_proj_`date +%Y%m%d%H%MS`.zip /path/my_proj mv in_proj_`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`.zip /path/source/ i am trying to zip all the files in my_proj... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dssyadav
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files in a list to another directory

I have a number of files in a directory that can be grouped with something like "ls | grep SH2". I would like to move each file in this list to another directory. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kg6iia
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to move gz files from one source directory to destination directory?

Hi All, Daily i am doing the house keeping in one of my server and manually moving the files which were older than 90 days and moving to destination folder. using the find command . Could you please assist me how to put the automation using the shell script . ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script cannot create directory and move the file to that directory

I have a script, which is checking if file exists and move it to another directory if then mkdir -p ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly mv report_manual_alloc_rpt_A_I_ASSIGNMENT.${Today}*.csv ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
9 Replies
MOD-ACTIVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     MOD-ACTIVE(8)

NAME
mod-active - batch processing of ctlinnd newgroup/rmgroup/changegroup SYNOPSIS
mod-active [ ctlinnd_command_file ] DESCRIPTION
mod-active is a perl script that updates the active file based on its input lines of ctlinnd newgroup, rmgroup and changegroup commands. It pauses the server briefly while the existing active file is read and rewritten, which not only keeps innd from updating the active file but also locks against other instances of mod-active. The input to mod-active can come either from one or more files named on the command line, or from the standard input. Typically its input is the output from the docheckgroups or actsync commands. Every line which contains the string "ctlinnd newgroup", "ctlinnd rmgroup" or "ctlinnd changegroup", optionally preceded by whitespace and/or the path to ctlinnd, is noted for the update. Redundant commands, such as a newgroup directive for a group that already exists, are silently ignored. All other lines in the input are also silently ignored. After the new active file has been generated, the existing one is renamed to active.old and the new one is moved into place. The script then displays the differences between the two files. Any groups that were added to the active file are also added to the active.times file with the string "checkgroups-update". BUGS
Though innd is paused while mod-active works, it is not inconceivable that there could be a conflict if something else tries to update the active file during the relatively short time that mod-active is working. The two most realistic ways I can think of for this to happen are either by an administrator concurrently doing a manual ctlinnd command, or by innd receiving a control message, then mod-active pausing the server, then the control message handler script that innd forked running its own ctlinnd command while mod-active is working. I've been using mod-active regularly for several years, though, and never had either problem. HISTORY
Written by David C Lawrence <tale@isc.org>. SEE ALSO
active(5), actsync(8), ctlinnd(8), innd(8). MOD-ACTIVE(8)