Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Need help on memory utilization. Post 302972104 by manoj.solaris on Saturday 30th of April 2016 03:08:05 PM
Old 04-30-2016
Need help on memory utilization.

I have run the utility nmon in aix 6.1, and found memory utilization is 99.9% in physical.

and pressed h key and then t , in that it is not showing single process which is consuming memory resources. please help me how to find out actual memory utilization.

wheather 99% is real memory utilization.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Memory Utilization

All, The (fre) coloumn of the (vmstat) command, does it report the size of the free list including the swap space or it only report on the RAM (physical memory). BR, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Negm
1 Replies

2. AIX

Utilization for memory and cpu

Hi all I need command to give me the utilization for memory and cpu,and how can I know if the utilization ok or no? for example in hp unix #top it is give me utilize for cpu and memory and also I can know if utilize ok or no. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magasem
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

more memory utilization in ux Servers

Hi, Please let me know what are all the reasons in increase in the Memory utilisation of ux servers, and the solutions to face those issues caused by the memory utilisation (memeory Likage)? Thanks in Advance! regards, kishan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU/Memory utilization

hi guys I just want to know how to get the cpu/memory utilization of a running script? Well i know that I can use the sar command but it shows the whole system's statistics. Is it possible to get the stats of a single scirpt or a single running service? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory Utilization

Hi, Is it possible to obtain physical memory and swap memory available in HP-UX server. I tried using "top" command but i'm not able to grep the memory part exclusively... Thanks.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
4 Replies

6. AIX

Memory Utilization

Hi friends i have a query. we have two p-series machine(p550 & p570) with HACMP 5.3 and AIX 5.3 hosting SAP. Now i need to now is there a way or a command to check the memory utilization on these machines on daily basis. I have tried vmstat and iostat but still it's not clear. We have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathandrake13
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

memory utilization

command for checking memory utilization in HP -UX (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_spatil
2 Replies

8. Solaris

i have conflict with memory utilization

dear all, kindly i want to check my server memory utilization i used alot of commands but i want to make sure that it is acurate let me explain i have a server which has 32GB RAM Total Memory = 33423360 kb Free Memory = 4172568 kb Utilized Memory = 29250792 kb Memory Utilization... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
2 Replies

9. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

CPU Utilization and Memory Utilization of Services and Applications

Hi, i am new to linux/RHEL 6.0 and i have two questions. 1) How to get the CPU utilization and Memory Utilization of all Services running currently? 2) How to get the CPU utilization and Memory Utilization of all Applications running currently? Please help me to find the script. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nossam
2 Replies
PS(1)							      General Commands Manual							     PS(1)

NAME
ps - process status SYNOPSIS
ps [ aklx ] [ namelist ] DESCRIPTION
Ps prints certain indicia about active processes. The a option asks for information about all processes with terminals (ordinarily only one's own processes are displayed); x asks even about processes with no terminal; l asks for a long listing. The short listing contains the process ID, tty letter, the cumulative execution time of the process and an approximation to the command line. The long listing is columnar and contains F Flags associated with the process. 01: in core; 02: system process; 04: locked in core (e.g. for physical I/O); 10: being swapped; 20: being traced by another process. S The state of the process. 0: nonexistent; S: sleeping; W: waiting; R: running; I: intermediate; Z: terminated; T: stopped. UID The user ID of the process owner. PID The process ID of the process; as in certain cults it is possible to kill a process if you know its true name. PPID The process ID of the parent process. CPU Processor utilization for scheduling. PRI The priority of the process; high numbers mean low priority. NICE Used in priority computation. ADDR The core address of the process if resident, otherwise the disk address. SZ The size in blocks of the core image of the process. WCHAN The event for which the process is waiting or sleeping; if blank, the process is running. TTY The controlling tty for the process. TIME The cumulative execution time for the process. The command and its arguments. A process that has exited and has a parent, but has not yet been waited for by the parent is marked <defunct>. Ps makes an educated guess as to the file name and arguments given when the process was created by examining core memory or the swap area. The method is inherently somewhat unreliable and in any event a process is entitled to destroy this information, so the names cannot be counted on too much. If the k option is specified, the file /usr/sys/core is used in place of /dev/mem. This is used for postmortem system debugging. If a second argument is given, it is taken to be the file containing the system's namelist. FILES
/unix system namelist /dev/mem core memory /usr/sys/core alternate core file /dev searched to find swap device and tty names SEE ALSO
kill(1) BUGS
Things can change while ps is running; the picture it gives is only a close approximation to reality. Some data printed for defunct processes is irrelevant PDP11 PS(1)