Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Wait and continue if directory stays same size Post 302971985 by robertkwild on Wednesday 27th of April 2016 06:09:36 PM
Old 04-27-2016
what do you mean whatever has created the file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

wait command - cat it wait for not-chile process?

Did not use 'wait' yet. How I understand by now the wait works only for child processes, started background. Is there any other way to watch completion of any, not related process (at least, a process, owned by the same user?) I need to start a background process, witch will be waiting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

detect file size then quit or continue

Hi Guys, I'm running a cron that mails me a file every night. The file is based on form input from the web and each evening after I mail it I delete and start a new file by the same name. It's a csv file so I preload a line of headers into the file. So far, so good. On days when no one inputs... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steven99
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

directory tree with directory size

find . -type d -print 2>/dev/null|awk '!/\.$/ {for (i=1;i<NF;i++){d=length($i);if ( d < 5 && i != 1 )d=5;printf("%"d"s","|")}print "---"$NF}' FS='/' Can someone explain how this works..?? How can i add directory size to be listed in the above command's output..?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script: If a file stays in a particular directory more than 30 min send an email

Hi , I am new to shell scripting. i have a requirement say i will receive a file in a directory say /xyz.if that file stays in that directory more than 30 min i need to get a mail to my outlook.this should run for every 20 min in crontab. can anyone help me? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line in bash script to wait for x feedbacks and then continue

I have a script that runs a console/terminal command on the server and what is want is for each of the multiple success reports fed back from the clients (echo-ed out onto the conosle) to be counted and after x number of reports reboot the server. The Details: The command (program) is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dp123
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

while [[ $# -gt 0 ]] stays in the loop

Hi, I have(ksh): ... while ] do fullPath=$(grep -s '/' $1 | wc -l) echo $fullPath if ]; then fi echo "Wrong, full path" shift done ... I tried to do: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chish
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete some of the files in the directory, if the directory size limits the specified size

To find the whole size of a particular directory i use "du -sk /dirname".. but after finding the direcory's size how do i make conditions like if the size of the dir is more than 1 GB i hav to delete some of the files inside the dir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

If file pattern exists in directory then continue

he below looks in $dir for any pattern of fileone. As is, it executes but only returns File found if the exact format in the script exsists. Why isn't a pattern of fileone being looked for and if it is in $dir, File found. I think that is what should happen. Thank you :). dir=/path/to if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
XDIFF_STRING_BDIFF_SIZE(3)						 1						XDIFF_STRING_BDIFF_SIZE(3)

xdiff_string_bdiff_size - Read a size of file created by applying a binary diff

SYNOPSIS
int xdiff_string_bdiff_size (string $patch) DESCRIPTION
Returns a size of a result file that would be created after applying binary $patch to the original file. PARAMETERS
o $patch - The binary patch created by xdiff_string_bdiff(3) or xdiff_string_rabdiff(3) function. RETURN VALUES
Returns the size of file that would be created. EXAMPLES
Example #1 xdiff_string_bdiff_size(3) example The following code applies reads a size of file that would be created after applying a binary diff. <?php $binary_patch = file_get_contents('file.bdiff'); $length = xdiff_string_bdiff_size($binary_patch); echo "Resulting file will be $length bytes long"; ?> SEE ALSO
xdiff_string_bdiff(3), xdiff_string_rabdiff(3), xdiff_string_bpatch(3). PHP Documentation Group XDIFF_STRING_BDIFF_SIZE(3)